Acadia Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Acadia Healthcare Chairman and CEO Joey A. Jacobs
Joey A. Jacobs

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great perks and wonderful work environment (in 9 reviews)

• Good work/life balance; not required to work unreasonable hours; benefits are decent; consistent application of policies across facilities (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • premiums are high and there is no 401k match (in 14 reviews)

• There is no 401k match which is the greatest disadvantage (in 13 reviews)

1. "Overall, not a great company"

Pros

Most of my co workers were really great and made going to work bearable.

Cons

Everything else. Not very flexible working hours. Zero understanding of people with families. Upper management that only cares about numbers and bottom lines and treated every employee like a number. Knee-jerk reaction "trainings" every other day to implement a change in policy or cover their butts.

Advice to Management

Treat employees like humans. Get a structured curriculum for employees and the needless and wasted time on "trainings" can be used on actually working.

2. "If there were any other jobs available in my area."

Current Employee - Therapist
    Current Employee - Therapist

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy working with the clients - and that I rarely, if ever see or hear from my supervisor or anyone in management.

Cons

They have us over a barrel as there are very few jobs in our rural area. There is a shortage of licensed clinicians so programs are closing or staff is hired who should not have been even given an interview. Communication is non existent or hostile, depending on the day and the mood of our CEO. One survives best by laying low and not speaking up - a coworker asked about an error on her paycheck was was called out about it. Good supervisors keep leaving and it is clear that they are overworked, underpaid and not supported at all by management. Having one person cover 20 programs that are spread out so far geographically is just wrong. Before the recent changes, people wanted to work here and would have done anything for our former supervisor - she left when the BS got too bad.

Advice to Management

Invest in an EMR and you would reduce your paybacks substantially as well as help support the teams in being timely and accurate with their documentation. Time should be spent working with clients, not on hand typing out documentation.

"Medical Biller"

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible Schedule
    Nice area
    Somehwhat nice coworkers
    I really dont know anything else to say as far as pros, i just need the words so it lets me through

Cons

Managment has absolutely no idea what they are doing. The turnover is horrendous. Every single year there is a shift in Managment, there is always a hunt for a scapegoat from upper management, they place incompetent directors just so they can get rid of them and throw them under the bus. You will get absolutely no training. There are no meetings, no productivity numbers, no quality assurance, you dont even know if you are doing a good or bad job, because there is no feedback. People are promised new systems to work with and nothing ever happens. This place is a joke , i honestly dont know how it has survived this long.

"A Scary Ride"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Galax, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Galax, VA

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you need a job and you need health insurance. The pay is not great and the health insurance is not great but they have a very high turnover rate so sooner or later unless you are totally unemployable, you can probably get a job here.

Best suggestion is if you need experience on your resume, get in, get that first job experience on your resume and get out.

Cons

If you live in the area be prepared for people to look down on your working here. Management will say it is because people look down on addiction. The truth is that the place is so poorly managed that a lot of current and former employees don't have a lot of good to say about the place.

Recently we were asked to go to websites and put good reviews out there to offset the bad reviews. If you can choke that down on a regular basis, then you have a long and happy career ahead of you here.

Advice to Management

Not motivated to give advice. You have proven you are not interested in listening.

"ASC"

Pros

Co-Workers give it 100%, with a great attitude to the best of their ability. Helping people turn their lives around. Understanding managers. Making a difference in so many lives. Proud of the work you have accomplished.

Cons

Micro-managing. Split shifts, senior management. Not willing change the disastrous way things are managed. Not willing to admit the problems lay within. Extremely high turn over rate. Not willing to give back to the employees that give their all. Draining position everyday.

Advice to Management

Balancing employee needs and business needs can be challenging for any company. Take some time and make the simple easy changes to keep your employees happy and help reduce the extremely high turnover. Work for the people and the people will work for you. When there is an obvious problem stop and ask yourself is there something different we should be doing rather than just trying to overlook our own internal mistakes. Micro-managing is not the answer to the problems.

"Poor morale, understaffed, high turnover & unsafe work conditions."

Current Employee - Clinical Staff in New Baltimore, MI
    Current Employee - Clinical Staff in New Baltimore, MI

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supportive coworkers. Experience working in an inpatient psychiatric hospital. 2 days earned off per month, but that includes holidays. Psychiatrists are good to work with. Best to be contingent staff.

Cons

Due to not enough staff, patients & staff are injured, sexual incidents occur between pts, mgmt shows favoritism toward certain employees & morale is poor due to the mgmt. No incentives for staff, unless you're an RN or Admin, no 401k match, high co-pays for insurance, mgmt is not understanding. Everything is paper charts and handwritten. Mgmt would rather fire or have staff quit and bring in new hires constantly than invest in their staff to create a low turnover rate.

Advice to Management

Invest in your current employees instead of constantly looking for new ones to replace us. You want us to trust you, but you don't trust us.

"Run fast and don't look back."

Current Employee - Psychiatric Assistant in Pontotoc, MS
    Current Employee - Psychiatric Assistant in Pontotoc, MS

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Get to bond with children and learn different diagnoses of each individual. Opportunity to give back to the youth. You get to see patients progress. Other than that R U N!

Cons

I don't know where to start. Pay is horrible, a lot of miscommunication with a lot of important things, work people to death with overtime because people are quitting. It's not even the kids that make the job hard, but it's the way the business is ran.

"Appalling"

Former Employee - Clinician in Springfield, MA
    Former Employee - Clinician in Springfield, MA

Pros

There are no reasons to work there unless one is desperate for a pay check.

Cons

Poor management (with no training for management) Lack of patient care. This was totally a business with no true knowledge of what is needed to titrate a patient off of methadone

Advice to Management

Close these doors until the true mission is patient care with adequate training for employees,

9. "Reimbursement Collections"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time

Pros

Flexible hours , Nice building, close to the beach.

Cons

Company very disorganized. Lots of layoffs. No training, Supervisor don't talk to each other. Lots of betrayal. No one knows what they doing. Lots of write offs.

Advice to Management

Train everyone, Management need to communicate.

10. "Billing Specialist"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Acadia Healthcare (More than 3 years)

Pros

None to reference. Company is difficult to work for.

Cons

Horrible management. Vast turn over. Discouraging work environment. Engage with patients more proactively.

Advice to Management

Improve communication with all staff. Treat