Acadia Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Acadia Healthcare Chairman and CEO Joey A. Jacobs
Joey A. Jacobs

Pros
  • Good work/life balance; not required to work unreasonable hours; benefits are decent; consistent application of policies across facilities (in 3 reviews)

• Great people that really care about the company (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Does not recognize the value of providing excellence in patient care (in 10 reviews)

• Screaming managers, no support, poor staffing, no tuition reimbursement, management's lack of concern for the patient/consumer (in 4 reviews)

"Employees are not valued"

Current Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor
    Current Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great coworkers and people that truly care for patients on the ground level, not necessarily in upper management

Cons

low pay, minimal vacation and sick time, minimal benefits package, no perks or employee retention which creates high employee turn over.

Advice to Management

show your employees that you care about them instead of making us feel as though we are all replaceable. It seems the only people that the only people benefiting from the counselor's hard work are the higher ups because I know we're not seeing any money or benefits of working for this company. My biggest concern right now is that for us in the North East (not in TN), when there is SEVERE weather, travel bans, etc due to snow storms/blizzards, employees are still expected to use personal time EVEN IF the facility is closed with no option to work.

"Great place to get your LCSW Supervision hours free"

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

LCSW Supervision hours free in some locations

Cons

Low pay, uneven supervision, major compliance issues with Federal Medicaid Audit- Now in it's 4th YEAR!

Advice to Management

Time to clean house.

"Biling Assistant"

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time

Pros

Full benefit package with two personal days per year

Cons

No computer systems training and the rest of the training is unorganized leaving it very difficult to get one's head wrap around the flow of your job duties and what you should be next.

Advice to Management

Have workflows for new staff as well as computer systems training

"SSDD"

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people I work with are great. I enjoy the patients and love what I do that is why I stay. I love my job and making a difference for patients.

Cons

Always short staffed or when fully staffed and someone calls in your staff gets pulled to other units. High turn over. The upper management think only about money. They could care less about their staff. Safety is an issue because there is none. There are days when there are 1 maybe 2 male mha to help if something goes wrong. Sure managament appears in their suits and fancy shoes or short skirts and stilettos. What a joke. The pay across the board is lacking for the work one does and that's everyone except management. Not enough hiring. Always on hold per corporate. Pay raises are cents if you actually get one.

Advice to Management

Start treating your staff like humans instead of someone you don't like. Hire more people. Give better pay and raises so maybe staff will stay. Staff up units so patients and staff are safe. Oh and how about acting like you give a darn. and practice what you preach.

"operations"

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Large resource of corporate clinical support

Cons

Upper Management only interested in bottom line, aggressive and offer no support

Advice to Management

Spend more on patient care and employee support than pleasing stock holders

"Below average pay, and higher turn over rate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Green Bay, WI

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Due to being owned by Acadia Healthcare there is more room for professional growth within the company. Previously, the Green Bay clinic was privately owned. The clinic director really sets the tone for the staff at each clinic!

We have an awesome director in Green Bay- WI; I really enjoy working at this clinic because she maintains a professional and fun work environment!!

Cons

Senior management of Acadia seems to focus on the bottom line before considering how their budget cuts affect the staff at the clinic level. Meanwhile, senior management are compensated very well!!!

They don't provide good benefits to staff. Most healthcare companies in WI pay for at least half of the cost of tuition for continuing education. This company will pay no more then $700 per year!!

If salaries were better then I wouldn't complain about tuition reimbursement. Many locations have buildings that are too small for their patient population and the company takes years before moving to a building large enough. As the salaries decline the quality of staff is declining creating rapid turn over rates.

Advice to Management

If you want staff retention then increase the wages to be more competitive. Consider offering more for tuition reimbursement.

"pay scale"

I have been working at Acadia Healthcare full-time

Pros

There is the opportunity to work overtime, many of the employees are easy to get along with. It is easy to contact management

Cons

There are many times we are understaffed for the number of patients and the acuity involved. Basic supplies are often lacking.

Advice to Management

Making money is important, however there is the real risk of not allowing time to attend to the needs of the patients, putting too much stress on the employees

"Run the other way"

Former Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor in South Amboy, NJ
    Former Employee - Substance Abuse Counselor in South Amboy, NJ

I worked at Acadia Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The hours are good you get home early enough to take care of children after school.

Cons

Caseload to high. They expect too much production when they are always understaffed. High turnover of employees.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect they are not robots they are people who care.

"Counselor"

Current Employee - Therapist
    Current Employee - Therapist

Pros

A place to earn experience in substance abuse and mental health. Good co-workers who care about patient care. Good facility to work in.

Cons

High work load of 60+ for a therapist. Facility is understaffed it seems, by design. Not allowed an office manager to help with intake and data input for incoming patients. Not allowed custodial help to keep the facility clean. The hand full of staff (including nurses and clinicians) have to do the spot cleaning and refuse removal each weak. Have only worked here less than a year and have seen vacation days decrease since ACADIA took over. This is a truly for profit company. I have worked in a non-for profit company and it was more like a family atmosphere. But I know for profit companies that treat employees better with more incentives. There is very little incentives with ACADIA. It seems to mean more about increasing corporate bottom line than incentivising and rewarding hard work. They don't care about under staffing. They don't care about high turn over. As long as they have high turn over, they can keep the salaries suppressed. ACADIA is an international company and they are big enough not to care about lawsuits or if you facility suffers after they take it over. Get rid of all the people who worked 10 to 15 years. Hire inexperienced clinicians and administrators at non competitive salaries. Let them work outside of the job description and inside their job description. Look for work outside of ACADIA if you are looking for a rewarding work place. It is troublesome that ACADIA is taking over so many other facilities all over the county and are spreading like a disease internationally. I don't think this will bode well for healthcare until some one in the media or politics investigates their corporate practices.

Advice to Management

None. I don't believe that ACADIA gives a care what my opinion is. Just reading all these reviews only confirmed the intuitions I began to form about this company. The is another aloof organization that knows how to maximize profits that make corporate richer. They don't care about the meaning of healthcare. It's wealth care for them.

"Does not value employees"

Pros

Cons

Company does not value employees or seem to care about retaining good employees, does not trust employees, promotes people who do not have the skill or expertise for the position, morale is low, poor pay relative to market value

Advice to Management

Work on retaining good employees and ensuring managers have the skill and expertise needed to perform the job; need to provide some incentive for employees to stay!