Acadia Realty Trust Reviews | Glassdoor

Acadia Realty Trust Reviews

Updated Sep 22, 2019

3.5
Acadia Realty Trust CEO Kenneth F. Bernstein (no image)
Kenneth F. Bernstein
  1. "Lease Admin"

Former Employee - Lease Administrator

I worked at Acadia Realty Trust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great training and company atmosphere

Cons

Rye office location is far from ammenities

Acadia Realty Trust2019-09-23
  2. "Horrible Place"

I worked at Acadia Realty Trust full-time

Pros

The location of their office

Cons

So many cons that it’s hard to know where to start. The current HR team couldn’t care less about their employees to even smile when they pass you in the hallway. The morale is low throughout the entire office and it feels very negative. The CEO only truly cares about the employees in the acquisitions department and leasing and the rest mean nothing. Overall the company pretends its innovative and collaborative but... it’s not. There is not real room for growth here besides getting more work dumped on you and being told title doesn’t mean anything here.

Acadia Realty Trust2019-03-14

Acadia Realty Trust Response

March 20, 2019Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your review. We're sorry that your experience at Acadia did not meet your expectations or our intentions. Our goal is to provide a collaborative and inclusive environment for all of our employees. Our HR team is continuously focused on launching new programs to help develop and continuously engage our talent across the entire organization. This year, over 10% of our employees across the company were promoted into new roles. This is pretty significant given our size. Once again, we thank you for your feedback, as we are always looking for ways we can improve.

"Dysfunction at the highest levels"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rye, NY

I worked at Acadia Realty Trust full-time for less than a year

Pros

Contemporary office space- investment in technology

Cons

Senior Management is very dysfunctional. There is a tremendous amount of back biting among the Senior leadership team that trickles down to the general population. It is almost encouraged by the CEO and CAO. While they give a half hearted attempt at a collegial and collaborative environment it couldn't be any more divisive. Morale is low and the office environment has a very heavy negative energy. Absolutely no... room for growth. It's as if the CEO is intimidated by furthering the careers of very talented professionals. HR support is weak and/or non is existent.

Advice to Management

A complete transformation of your leadership is long overdue.

Acadia Realty Trust2018-12-14

Acadia Realty Trust Response

February 20, 2019Vice President Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are disappointed to hear about your experience. Acadia is committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative work environment where all employees can grow and build their careers.

4. "Full time"

I worked at Acadia Realty Trust full-time

Pros

Great and very smart people

Cons

NA - a pleasure working here.

Acadia Realty Trust2018-08-01

"I truly enjoy working for this company!"

Current Employee - Property Management Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Acadia Realty Trust full-time for more than a year

Pros

This was my third full-time job out of college in 16 months and I have currently been with the company for 2 years now. I not only enjoy the work but I work with some of the best people I know! The company takes care of their employees which is why we have a low turnover rate.

Cons

I cannot think of anything I would want them to change. Everyone has their days when they don't want to go to work but in the last two years, I have really only had about 3 of those days total!

Advice to Management

I would like more opportunities to get involved in the industry outside of the office - even if it would be after office hours.

Acadia Realty Trust2018-01-11

"Great Benefits, Org chart needs a lot of cleaning up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

I worked at Acadia Realty Trust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits. Great learning experience for new grads / interns.

Cons

Very uptight and formal setting. Lots of unhealthy competition. Too many people reporting to an SVP. Needs a lot of organizational structuring. Unnecessarily long work hours

Acadia Realty Trust2017-07-13
  7. "This Company "Just Gets It!""

Current Employee - Director in New York, NY

I have been working at Acadia Realty Trust full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Strong belief in Human Capital Fantastic Culture 21st Century Work Space Transparent & Authentic Leaders Believer in work/life balance Passion for developing talent Values: Integrity/Intelligence/Intelligence/Innovation

Cons

"Some" senior leaders old school

Advice to Management

Continue to push for change at the top, when needed. There have been changes at the senior level, which has been positive as the "old school" leaders retire. Some of the senior leaders are fantastic, and understand the value of Human Capital, and are the glue keeping the company's culture together. Again, others are old school, and simply don't see value in coaching and training their team. This has started to... change as leadership changes, and will only make the company that much better!

Acadia Realty Trust2017-06-16

"Awesome place to work!"

I have been working at Acadia Realty Trust full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great chemistry. Everyone gets along well. Very casual environment. Flexible work schedules. Everyone has the ability to work remotely if they need to and are given new laptop tablet PCs to do so. Plenty of cool programs like Wellness, Yoga and after work boot camp with professional trainers. Every month they celebrate that month's birthdays with cake and there are yearly ping pong tournaments. Young... employees who excel in their roles are quickly noticed and often promoted. Company seems very stable. Senior managers have been around a long time with some retiring soon.

Cons

none at the present time.

Acadia Realty Trust2016-10-11
  9. "Summer Intern"

Asset Management in Rye, NY

I worked at Acadia Realty Trust

Pros

Great office culture with personal interaction with all senior vice presidents and executives. Overall a great experience.

Cons

Work load was lacking at sometimes during the internship, but overall projects were very involved and mimicked those associates were working on at the time.

Acadia Realty Trust2016-09-08
  10. "Ok if you know what you are doing"

I worked at Acadia Realty Trust full-time

Pros

People were nice and supportive, had quite a few close friends, work was interesting

Cons

Better know what you are doing, probably not the best if you need guidance or just get started in your career

Acadia Realty Trust2016-04-27