Acadian Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Acadian CEO  (no image)
  1. "I love it here!"

I have been working at Acadian full-time

Pros

Coworkers are like family. Employee ownership program. Flexible hours. Abundant opportunities for career development.

Cons

Only in three states.

Acadian2017-03-07
  2. "Acadian paramedic"

Current Employee - Paramedic in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Acadian full-time

Pros

Supervisors are down to earth, care about the field crews. Management is the same. Great pay for a private service, and a decent mix of transfers and challenging calls. Great place for a new medic like me to learn. Great looking trucks and equipment that are dependable.

Cons

Dispatch can be very out of touch with crews, will assign you a new call before you're done with the last one. Dispatch is terrible at prioritizing calls.

Advice to Management

Help field crews iron out issues with dispatch. Help dispatch realize that crews need to eat and use the bathroom before running an emergent call for 3 week old leg pain.

Acadian2016-01-06
  3. "Fast-growing private ems company"

I worked at Acadian

Pros

Good advancement opportunities, especially for long-time employees. Education enrichment support and hiring from within encouraged.

Cons

Penalty-minded operations mindset; lack of support for employee performance and judgment; tendency to side with external parties over employees

Advice to Management

Support employee decisions; reserve judgment until gaining all facts; err on the side of employee interest; do more to engage and encourage field operations.

Acadian2015-08-16