Accelerate Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Accelerate Media Reviews

Updated Jun 7, 2018

4.2
Accelerate Media CEO Jason Foley (no image)
Jason Foley
  1. "Great place to work"

I worked at Accelerate Media

Pros

Small staff doing big work! Very talented people and a workplace that allows for everyone to have input to bring a very polished product for clients. Everyday was something new and it allows for employees to grow in an ever-changing demand driven field.

Cons

I really enjoyed working here.

Advice to Management

Jason clearly cares about his employees and clients. It was a pleasure to work here.

Accelerate Media2018-06-07
  2. "Excellent company - for employees and clients"

I worked at Accelerate Media

Pros

Easily the best job in my 20-plus-year career. The staff is incredibly talented, truly some of the best and brightest I've seen. The CEO is a wonderful leader: smart, intuitive, charismatic, trustworthy, knowledgable, kind and more. He truly cares about his clients and getting results for them, and he truly cares for his staff and their quality of life. The camaraderie and work environment are excellent. Everyone talks about the importance of "culture" but Accelerate Media lives it--without giving it a lot of unnecessary (and intended for the public) lip service. I flourished and grew (and gained confidence) more in my 2 years there than anywhere else. I left to pursue a "can't pass it up" opportunity, but I miss it every day.

Cons

Initially the small size made me think, "Woah, how can they accomplish all this with so few people?" but that was my past experience talking. They don't take on work at which they can't succeed--or excel.

Accelerate Media2016-03-02
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Great team... management needs work."

I worked at Accelerate Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team is fresh and creative. Does good work.

Cons

The owner/manager tends toward micromanaging, which stifles creativity. For the size of the company, there is a lot of personal drama and oversized egos. Poor communication.

Advice to Management

Listen to, and learn how to accept, criticism from the creative team. Stop promising things to clients without consulting the people who must execute it for you; it would save you, the client, and the team a lot of stress!

Accelerate Media2013-11-13
  5. "A great learning experience."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

I worked at Accelerate Media full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of room to be creative with campaigns, engagement with client's is what you make of it but with a wide variety of clients it is nice to be able to work with a variety of industries. There is a lot of growth in the company's future.

Cons

The development process is very segmented and departmentalized for the size of the company. Pieces get missed when the company fails to have a kickoff meeting where everyone is involved.

Advice to Management

Allow your specialist to be specialist and rely on them to fill in the management on best ideas for clients, using their previous experiences.

Accelerate Media2013-09-19