Acceleration Partners Associate Reviews | Glassdoor

Acceleration Partners Associate Reviews

Updated Jan 31, 2020

4.9
  1. "Great Interview Experience and Culture"

Current Employee - Senior Associate

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

I recently completed the interview process and everyone I met was so kind. You can truly tell that all of the employees embody AP's core values. I'm extremely excited to start working at AP.

Cons

No cons at this time

Acceleration Partners2020-01-31

"Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

AP is an incredible company where you get to work with wonderful people and in an environment that cares about your personal and professional growth. Working from home allows you to have a great work/life balance!

Cons

It's an agency, so it is fast-paced, which might not be for some. You have to make the time in the day for yourself and learn to balance your work and life. The capability to have a great work/life balance is there, but you must actively do it yourself otherwise it can be all-consuming.

Acceleration Partners2019-11-22

"AP is fully committed to their employees' success"

Current Employee - Associate Account Director

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I feel lucky to work at a company like AP that not only embodies their core values through our work but celebrates those core values outside of work as well. It is rare for a company to invest just as much in the personal side as in the professional and that is just what AP does encouraging their employees to be a 360 degree representation of what we strive for. - Great, motivated group of people - Flexibility to make your schedule work for you - Challenging and ever changing work - get to be at the forefront of what is new and changing in partner marketing. - Supportive environment that really cares about the success of their employees both in work and in their personal lives as well. - Transparent environment at all levels that does what they say they are going to.

Cons

I don't really see a lot of cons at AP currently other than with any fast growing company, there are times when we will all feel the strain of rapid growth. The management has been doing a great job though of identifying cause and working to get ahead of it staying true to their commitment of setting their employees up to succeed.

Acceleration Partners2019-11-25
  4. "AP has changed my life"

Current Employee - Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

WFH Health Benefits Unlimited PTO Amazing support from management Teams are supportive They actually care about your growth You are part of the team at even the lowest level

Cons

Alot of team transitions Tons of emails Working remotely means that teams can sometimes feel silod

Acceleration Partners2019-11-13

"The Happiest Place I've Ever Worked!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are so many pros to working for AP! I have worked at many organizations and can say with confidence that AP is one of the only places I've had the honor of being that actually lives to its core values! AP is focused on providing the absolute best work to our clients, while also going above and beyond to ensure employees are happy and performing to AP's incredible standards. Before I applied to AP I almost felt that it sounded too good to be true, and being here for around 2 years I've realized that AP is better than that even! I am lucky every day to work with some of the most talented and driven people in performance marketing, and I look forward to continued growth with AP.

Cons

AP might not be the perfect fit for everybody, and some days can be incredibly stressful. You will need to pivot from time to time and learn how to prioritize or you will fall behind.

Acceleration Partners2019-09-10

"Great Work Life Integration"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a market leader Acceleration Partners is always looking to lift & raise their game, which in turn helps you develop your skills. They have growth maps in place for all client service employees helping you to see what you need to do to be promoted, which is amazing. They focus on accountability, which permits you to own your work and your time. The company is completely remote, but they have tons of things in place to help you feel connected. I don’t live on the East Coast, but I get to choose to work East Coast time, allowing me to have afternoons free with my family. Having the ability to do this has dramatically increased my overall life happiness! The Leadership team genuinely cares about their employees, and they collect regular anonymous assessments that allow you to give real-time feedback.

Cons

If you are not the type of person who is self-motivated or if you need a lot of hand-holding, this will be a challenging work environment for you. You must be determined to learn and a self-starter to appreciate the culture. Also, your success at the company is impacted greatly by the team/accounts and managers that you get assigned to. If you get a manager/team that isn’t a good fit, it can be a challenge to learn how to advocate for yourself to make sure you are placed in the right seat. They also have a very demanding feedback schedule, so you need to have a resilient attitude to be able to take feedback and grow.

Acceleration Partners2019-09-10

"Great Peers, Tough Management"

Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home has its advantages and there is a bit of freedom to make your own schedule. Some really great, smart people!

Cons

The work from home environment was tough to grow and learn in on a regular basis. I found that because coworkers were not together often, during onsite visits they were more focused on bonding and managers weren't always willing to sit down and work through account issues, real missed learning opportunities. However, it seemed like your experience here is largely based on the team you are placed on, I found my team tough from a management perspective. Too many hands in the pot, never a clear direction of what tasks needed to be completed on what timeline and where priorities should be. Important note to people looking to work here: they do give incentives to write reviews here, which is why so many use similar wording. The company as a whole is very award focused, almost to a fault.

Acceleration Partners2019-09-11

Acceleration Partners Response

October 4, 2019CEO

Thank you very much for your time in sending us a review. We pride ourselves in our people, it is great to hear that you agree that we have “really great, smart people.” In reply to where we can do better, I am sorry to hear that you had a less than desirable experience with your manager. Our teams and our people depend on strong leaders and managers at all levels of the organization. The reality is that we have many new managers as we continue to promote and invest in our own people, which can be a double-edged sword. I’m not sure when you left AP but this past year we launched/are launching many new management initiatives including, Global Leadership and Management Standards, an open performance measurement system for manager effectiveness, offsite retreats for leadership development for our Director level leaders, and even small group forums for management training. We are committed to our core value of Excel & Improve and improving our infrastructure to support the growing needs for leadership and management training as we continue to grow and promote from within. I think you would be happy to see the changes we have made in the last 6 months alone. In response to the comment that we give incentives to write reviews, this is a little misleading. All reviews are 100% anonymous so we don’t know who writes them and have never incentivized anyone to write positive reviews or told anyone what to say. Many awards submission have long surveys and have participation thresholds to qualify and we recognize that these are time consuming for employees. In the past we have encouraged companywide participation through a raffle, which is 100% on the honor system, none of data is seen by our team. You can win the raffle if you left a negative review and we would never know. With respect to the similarities in comments, I think that has more to do with our level of authenticity. Employees and prospective employees should want to work here for the right reasons, not a false perception. Working in client services, in a very fast pace company with constant change and remotely from home can be hard and is not right for everyone. We believe the reviews are often similar because we’ve done a good job at creating a consistent, global, and remote culture. We hire, reward, incentivize, and promote on the same core values and operating principles throughout the organization. The result is that most people do not get widely different experiences, which we believe is a good thing as it shows that we say what we do, it does not mean we are the right choice for everyone. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Continue reading

"Former Senior Associate - Acceleration Partners"

Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great culture and benefits -Employees are very welcoming

Cons

Long hours, stretched pretty thin across multiple accounts

Acceleration Partners2019-05-21

"Great Company with Strong Work Etthic"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Working remotely allows for flexibility - Management is invested in your well being, career development, and overall happiness - The CEO knows you by name and is invested and cares about his company/employees -Management is continually updating processes to make each positions' duties more efficient to relieve any added stress caused by outdated processes - Compensation is competitive - Culture and our employees. Everyone at AP has a go-getter attitude and strives for greatness, creating an overall motivating and rewarding culture.

Cons

If you believe working from home allows for a relaxed career, guess again. I have worked harder at AP than any other office job. The team has high expectations for quality work and this requires commitment. The hard work does pay off and is very rewarding. If you are not a motivated individual, this may not be the company for you.

Acceleration Partners2019-03-05

"Leading the Way for Better Work Culture!"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

AP opened my eyes to how healthy a work environment could actually be! The openness to feedback with real action taken to make things better is incredible. About 2 years ago I was looking for an opportunity to learn and develop professionally and I found the perfect place at AP! I've had the opportunity for advancement twice in the past 6 months and the coaching I've had to elevate to my new position has really changed my professional life. In my experience, a lot of companies are hesitant to trust younger employees and give them a chance to grow. AP really trusts and builds their team up including younger motivated talent!

Cons

I wouldn't count this necessarily as a con- but AP expects just as much from their employees as they put into improving the culture. Meaning, you have to be motivated to learn and a self-starter to really appreciate the culture they create. It was a new mindset for me to get used to. It can be a challenge to be comfortable communicating and advocating for yourself and getting used to the feedback-driven culture if you come from a place where this isn't a norm. There are tough situations that we navigate regularly but you can trust that you have an experienced team to show you the way and make you better for it!

Acceleration Partners2019-03-04