Acceleration Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Acceleration Partners Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2020

4.9
  1. "Great interview process, I can't wait to get started!"

Current Employee - Associate, Affiliate Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have not started working at AP yet, but I am happy to review the interview process now. Very communicative throughout the entire interview process. I also feel that this process was incredibly thorough, which I can appreciate, because I feel SO confident that this company is a good fit for me and vice versa. The people I've interacted with so far have been so kind, and seem to be passionate about the work that they do and all have stated that the company's culture is second to none. I can't wait to get started!

Cons

I don't have any cons so far!

Acceleration Partners2019-10-24

"Rewarding work and an amazing culture!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture, the values, the opportunity to balance your work and home life, the ability to travel while working, supportive coworkers, transparent leadership team and challenging yet rewarding work are all reasons I enjoy working for AP.

Cons

Due to our rapid growth over the last year and bringing more team members and clients into the AP family, it has felt like we've started to outgrow many of our processes and technologies. Processes that worked for 40 people are no longer scalable for a company of 170 and counting. This is something the leadership team is aware of and is actively working to improve, which is great to see.

Acceleration Partners2019-10-10

"If you're a core value fit - this place is the best!"

Current Employee - Program Strategist

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The team at AP is very authentic and passionate and that comes from the top. Bob truly wants everyone to elevate and achieve their maximum potential both at work and in their personal life. Standards are high and we are constantly pushed to take ownership of our success. If you have this type of mindset, then you will do well here. If you work here, you will be better, you will achieve more in your life, you will grow as a person and you will experience a unique culture. I've worked at other agencies and this is truly a special place.

Cons

Like any agency, AP is fast paced and the workload can be intense. If you're going the agency route then this is something you have to accept and expect. Also, people who are not a true core value fit don't typically thrive in this environment. You really are held very accountable for your work, it's impossible to BS your way through it and it will be quickly noted if you're not meeting expectations. Working from home is amazing but don't assume it's a cushy job. This is the hardest job I've ever had, but it's hard to imagine working anywhere else.

Acceleration Partners2019-10-08
  4. "The Hype is Real"

Current Employee - Operations & Administration in Providence, RI

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

Unparalleled flexibility. I use to get so stressed about managing my life outside of 9-5, but here I can flex my time as needed. The ability to grow. There are an astounding amount of resources at AP to help you become a better person and more skilled employee. There are courses, but also people (who work VERY hard!) are very giving of their time. I've found that people don't give you an answer to your questions, instead they show you how to answer it yourself in the future, which I deeply appreciate. No jerks. The feedback is plentiful, but it always comes from a place of building of the team. There isn't a tolerance for high performing divas. Efficiency. I have never seen a company run as efficiently. It's not perfect, nothing is, but the feedback forward culture prevents complacency. It's a highly solution oriented culture. There's no time or tolerance for complaining. Transparency. People are as open as possible. Folks can ask the hard questions without fear of repercussion, because the leadership values growth. The company structure is hierarchical for duties an responsibilities, but the figurative office doors are wide open.

Cons

I won't call these cons, as much as I would call these reasons someone may not flourish here. You need to be on your stuff. You need to be organized, accountable, metric/goal driven and you need to be flexible. If you can't keep track of your work, and be self motivated to hit deadlines, this will be a stressful space for you. You need to be a self helper. People are AMAZING at offering their help to you here, but there are a lot of resources you should hit before pulling for someone's time. This is part of the Own It. You need to be someone who does not want only the answer, but needs to know how we got to the answer, You need to be okay with feedback, a lot of it. You need to be committed to work/life balance. See your doctor, get out of the house, go for a run, meal prep, then come back "into" office. This lifestyle only works well if folks take advantage of it. You need to be ready to hustle. Not to the point of burn out (see above!) but there's always 2 million things that need to be done at any given moment. This is agency life, granted agency life from your couch and yes, we took that conference call in our PJ's, but we're still working very hard. This is not a place to come, do the minimum, and float. Benefits/pay. I don't think this is a con, but more something to be aware of. And maybe it'll be a nonissue at some point. I, personally, did take a slight monetary pay cut (what's in my paycheck) to come to AP (they met my starting rate at my last role after negotiating) and I pay a little more for a health plan that does a little less. There are other health plans offered, but the costs were not compelling for my salary, that's just me though. I do not think folks are underpaid, but rather that compensation here is more holistic than just a number on your paycheck. I 200% believe that the monetary pay cut was met and balanced with the culture of AP. I have more flexibility, less stress, more vacation time, more opportunity and I wouldn't trade that for more money in my paycheck. At this point in my life, you could not buy me away from AP. It's a privileged to say that, not everyone can afford to take less cash for alternative compensation. It is definitely something that folks in-house are aware of and working on.

Acceleration Partners2019-10-10
  5. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is amazing! We are all given a ton of flexibility to own our personal and professional schedules to get our work done. Although we are all remote, I have never felt more connected to a team. Everyone is smart, dedicated and extremely supportive of one another - everyone truly wants to see you succeed. We invest in a lot of training, both internally and externally, for our employees and want to be sure that they are set-up for success starting on day 1. This is key to expanding upon the strong teams that we have today. AP believes in transparency at all levels and it shows. The leadership team shares a lot of information with employees from client updates to our financials and it is such a benefit for employees to hear from them directly. The last thing I will say is our core values make us the successful organization we are today. We hire with the goal that all new employees not only understand what they mean, but will live and breathe them starting on day 1. You will hear everyone - from employees to management - reference our values on a daily basis.

Cons

No true cons at this point. The teams are great, and I enjoy the fast paced environment that others have listed.

Acceleration Partners2019-10-01
  6. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Affiliate Marketing

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Acceleration Partners has continued to be a great place to work for myself and many other team members. A few of the pros that are valuable to me are: - Transparent leadership that is driven to grow the company and our people - An amazing portfolio of clients that includes some of the world's biggest brands - The work-from-home set up allows me the ability to cut out the noise while also having a great work/life balance - Huge growth opportunities for those who want it and add value to the organization - An amazing group of people that I get to work with on a daily basis. We hold each other accountable and as a result, we drive results - The ability to provide feedback in a judgment-free zone that I can see is implemented to help increase team member happiness

Cons

There aren't a ton of downsides for me when it comes to working at AP. If you're a core value fit, I think you will thrive at AP. However, before accepting a role, I'd encourage you to look in the mirror and determine if you think your personal beliefs align with that of the company. While it's great to work from home, that joy will quickly go away if you're not ready to work as hard as you've ever worked. As such, a few of the cons related to working at AP are: - An extremely fast-paced environment that requires you to prioritize effectively - A lot of ambiguity and times where things are not clearly defined. Because of that, you need to be willing to take the ball and run with things and be comfortable not knowing the answers to everything

Acceleration Partners2019-09-30
  7. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people and excellent management

Cons

Remote environment isnt for everyone

Acceleration Partners2019-09-13

"The Happiest Place I've Ever Worked!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are so many pros to working for AP! I have worked at many organizations and can say with confidence that AP is one of the only places I've had the honor of being that actually lives to its core values! AP is focused on providing the absolute best work to our clients, while also going above and beyond to ensure employees are happy and performing to AP's incredible standards. Before I applied to AP I almost felt that it sounded too good to be true, and being here for around 2 years I've realized that AP is better than that even! I am lucky every day to work with some of the most talented and driven people in performance marketing, and I look forward to continued growth with AP.

Cons

AP might not be the perfect fit for everybody, and some days can be incredibly stressful. You will need to pivot from time to time and learn how to prioritize or you will fall behind.

Acceleration Partners2019-09-10

"Great Work Life Integration"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a market leader Acceleration Partners is always looking to lift & raise their game, which in turn helps you develop your skills. They have growth maps in place for all client service employees helping you to see what you need to do to be promoted, which is amazing. They focus on accountability, which permits you to own your work and your time. The company is completely remote, but they have tons of things in place to help you feel connected. I don’t live on the East Coast, but I get to choose to work East Coast time, allowing me to have afternoons free with my family. Having the ability to do this has dramatically increased my overall life happiness! The Leadership team genuinely cares about their employees, and they collect regular anonymous assessments that allow you to give real-time feedback.

Cons

If you are not the type of person who is self-motivated or if you need a lot of hand-holding, this will be a challenging work environment for you. You must be determined to learn and a self-starter to appreciate the culture. Also, your success at the company is impacted greatly by the team/accounts and managers that you get assigned to. If you get a manager/team that isn’t a good fit, it can be a challenge to learn how to advocate for yourself to make sure you are placed in the right seat. They also have a very demanding feedback schedule, so you need to have a resilient attitude to be able to take feedback and grow.

Acceleration Partners2019-09-10

"Acceleration Partners Alum, Family Member for Life"

Former Employee - Senior Account Manager

I worked at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I spent approximately four years at Acceleration Partners before leaving to pursue an incredible opportunity at a large tech company (which came my way via the CEO of Acceleration Partners, Robert Glazer). During my tenure at AP, I learned invaluable lessons, experienced tremendous growth both personally and professionally, and was provided with the guidance and tools I needed to be successful. The culture is amazing, the employees are some of the smartest in the industry, and the quality of the work is second to none. The company truly is one of a kind and it all starts at the top with CEO Robert Glazer. The late Al Davis, (past owner) of the Oakland Raiders who never lost touch with those who left the franchise for new beginnings coined the following: "Once a Raider, Always a Raider. I personally feel the same is true of AP. While working for the company it felt like I was part of a large family, and even after leaving the company I have found that to remain true. I am regularly invited to AP networking events in the area, and keep in touch with many past and current employees. I truly value all that AP has given, and continues to give me and I'm grateful to be a part of the extended AP family.

Cons

Wish the culture would spread to other companies.

Acceleration Partners2019-09-05