Acceleration Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Acceleration Partners Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2020

4.9

"Great Peers, Tough Management"

Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home has its advantages and there is a bit of freedom to make your own schedule. Some really great, smart people!

Cons

The work from home environment was tough to grow and learn in on a regular basis. I found that because coworkers were not together often, during onsite visits they were more focused on bonding and managers weren't always willing to sit down and work through account issues, real missed learning opportunities. However, it seemed like your experience here is largely based on the team you are placed on, I found my team tough from a management perspective. Too many hands in the pot, never a clear direction of what tasks needed to be completed on what timeline and where priorities should be. Important note to people looking to work here: they do give incentives to write reviews here, which is why so many use similar wording. The company as a whole is very award focused, almost to a fault.

Acceleration Partners2019-09-11

Acceleration Partners Response

October 4, 2019CEO

Thank you very much for your time in sending us a review. We pride ourselves in our people, it is great to hear that you agree that we have “really great, smart people.” In reply to where we can do better, I am sorry to hear that you had a less than desirable experience with your manager. Our teams and our people depend on strong leaders and managers at all levels of the organization. The reality is that we have many new managers as we continue to promote and invest in our own people, which can be a double-edged sword. I’m not sure when you left AP but this past year we launched/are launching many new management initiatives including, Global Leadership and Management Standards, an open performance measurement system for manager effectiveness, offsite retreats for leadership development for our Director level leaders, and even small group forums for management training. We are committed to our core value of Excel & Improve and improving our infrastructure to support the growing needs for leadership and management training as we continue to grow and promote from within. I think you would be happy to see the changes we have made in the last 6 months alone. In response to the comment that we give incentives to write reviews, this is a little misleading. All reviews are 100% anonymous so we don’t know who writes them and have never incentivized anyone to write positive reviews or told anyone what to say. Many awards submission have long surveys and have participation thresholds to qualify and we recognize that these are time consuming for employees. In the past we have encouraged companywide participation through a raffle, which is 100% on the honor system, none of data is seen by our team. You can win the raffle if you left a negative review and we would never know. With respect to the similarities in comments, I think that has more to do with our level of authenticity. Employees and prospective employees should want to work here for the right reasons, not a false perception. Working in client services, in a very fast pace company with constant change and remotely from home can be hard and is not right for everyone. We believe the reviews are often similar because we’ve done a good job at creating a consistent, global, and remote culture. We hire, reward, incentivize, and promote on the same core values and operating principles throughout the organization. The result is that most people do not get widely different experiences, which we believe is a good thing as it shows that we say what we do, it does not mean we are the right choice for everyone. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

"Amazing company!"

Current Employee - Associate, Affiliate Marketing

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

AP is a fully remote company but does an amazing job at making all of its employees feel connected and well informed. There’s a yearly AP Summit where all of AP’s employees are brought together to a centralized location for a 4 day retreat to further develop its employees both on a professional and personal level, and allow employees to bond together through various social activities. AP is one of the most forward thinking companies I know by ensuring all of its employees are well taken care of, well informed on the company’s 411, unlimited PTO and amazing health benefits.

Cons

Remote work isn’t for everyone!

Acceleration Partners2019-08-26

"Former Senior Associate - Acceleration Partners"

Former Employee - Senior Associate

I worked at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Great culture and benefits -Employees are very welcoming

Cons

Long hours, stretched pretty thin across multiple accounts

Acceleration Partners2019-05-21

"Great workplace that exemplifies its core values."

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

It didn't take long to realize that everything that was presented to me about AP in the hiring process is accurate. The work life balance is a huge plus, and the remote work culture allows for flexible scheduling. The leadership team is focused on transparency, always looking for employee feedback and engaged with the greater team. What's most impressive to me is that everybody takes pride in doing their work well and meeting high standards. It's great to work at a company where everybody is committed to giving their best in everything they do.

Cons

The pace of work here is an adjustment at first. It's a great place to work if you want to feel positively challenged and engaged, but it's definitely not a leisurely work environment.

Acceleration Partners2019-04-24

"Truly a GREAT place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

AP offers flexibility and TRULY believe in it. Unlike other places of employment, AP encourages employees to take care of their family and themselves and balance their lives with work. It's an agency - so it's fast-paced, but having the flexibility to manage your life is priceless. In addition, working with very smart people who truly care about the company and want to come together to make the brand successful is such a great quality. AP is a positive, vibrant and creative agency - the brand is on the cutting edge and is a few steps ahead.

Cons

Since AP is a remote culture, it would be great to see our colleagues more often. The company does host a company-wide summit once-a-year, which is amazing. We also have a monthly stipend for shared spaces, and have quite a few get togethers. Working from home is an adjustment - it works for some, but not for others.

Acceleration Partners2019-03-08

"Great Company with Strong Work Etthic"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Working remotely allows for flexibility - Management is invested in your well being, career development, and overall happiness - The CEO knows you by name and is invested and cares about his company/employees -Management is continually updating processes to make each positions' duties more efficient to relieve any added stress caused by outdated processes - Compensation is competitive - Culture and our employees. Everyone at AP has a go-getter attitude and strives for greatness, creating an overall motivating and rewarding culture.

Cons

If you believe working from home allows for a relaxed career, guess again. I have worked harder at AP than any other office job. The team has high expectations for quality work and this requires commitment. The hard work does pay off and is very rewarding. If you are not a motivated individual, this may not be the company for you.

Acceleration Partners2019-03-05

"Leading the Way for Better Work Culture!"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

AP opened my eyes to how healthy a work environment could actually be! The openness to feedback with real action taken to make things better is incredible. About 2 years ago I was looking for an opportunity to learn and develop professionally and I found the perfect place at AP! I've had the opportunity for advancement twice in the past 6 months and the coaching I've had to elevate to my new position has really changed my professional life. In my experience, a lot of companies are hesitant to trust younger employees and give them a chance to grow. AP really trusts and builds their team up including younger motivated talent!

Cons

I wouldn't count this necessarily as a con- but AP expects just as much from their employees as they put into improving the culture. Meaning, you have to be motivated to learn and a self-starter to really appreciate the culture they create. It was a new mindset for me to get used to. It can be a challenge to be comfortable communicating and advocating for yourself and getting used to the feedback-driven culture if you come from a place where this isn't a norm. There are tough situations that we navigate regularly but you can trust that you have an experienced team to show you the way and make you better for it!

Acceleration Partners2019-03-04

"Depends on the team you're assigned to"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

- WFH is convenient - Talented, intelligent coworkers are easy to come by - Positive and progressive company culture - Exposure to large clients and brand names - Great learning opportunities and team-building opportunities, as well as cross-team collaboration on ad hoc projects - Leadership for the most part, really does value work-life integration and they make a point of rewarding employees for taking time off to disconnect, organizing social events for employees that live near each other, etc. That's really appreciated.

Cons

- As other reviews mentioned, there's a big problem with some micromanaging within the company. It's very degrading to have to send your director your email drafts prior to sending to the client, then have every little word picked over by someone that thinks their way is the only way. Especially at a Sr. Manager level. I've never experienced this in other companies. - While I'm aware that certain clients are paying a lot of money for our services, I don't think that qualifies them to treat their account teams like their own personal secretaries. But when your director has set that standard, it's hard to push back against late working nights and ridiculous requests with nearly impossible turnaround times - The company offers raffle prizes for reviews so I feel like I was possibly misled by some of the glowing reviews. It seems like many are written quickly and without much detail, and list the same pros and cons over and over, almost verbatim. That's fine if you just want to win a raffles, but consider pointing out true pros and cons and stop just reiterating "fast-paced environment and work from home may not be for everyone". I know I would have appreciated a little more specific examples of cons like I've mentioned above, because I know I'm not the first to experience these.

Acceleration Partners2019-01-30

Acceleration Partners Response

October 4, 2019CEO

Thank you very much for your time in sending us a review. We know it has been a while since you left this review, but we received similar feedback recently and we wanted to take the time to respond to you as well and reply to where we can do better. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than desirable experience with your team manager and I hope this is improving at the time of writing this. Our teams and our people depend on strong leaders and managers at all levels of the organization. The reality is that we have many new managers as we continue to promote and invest in our own people, which can be a double-edged sword. We heard your feedback and knew this was something we wanted to tackle, so we took on many Leadership and Management Initiatives this year. We launched our Global Leadership and Management Standards, an open performance measurement system for manager effectiveness, offsite retreats for leadership development for our Director level leaders, and even small group forums for management training. To have the best people we are committed to our core value of Excel & Improve and improving our infrastructure to support the growing needs for leadership and management training as we continue to grow and promote from within. I hope you are happy with the changes we have made in the last 6 months and those that will continue to come in the future. And if not, please make sure to let us know in Tinypulse so that we can continue to address the root issues. Many awards submission have long surveys and have participation thresholds to qualify and we recognize that these are time consuming for employees. In the past we have encouraged companywide participation through a raffle, which is 100% on the honor system, none of the data is seen by our team. You can win the raffle if you left a negative review and we would never know. With respect to the similarities in comments, I think that has more to do with our level of authenticity. Employees and prospective employees should want to work here for the right reasons, not a false perception. Working in client services, in a very fast pace company with constant change and remotely from home can be hard and is not right for everyone. We believe the reviews are often similar because we’ve done a good job at creating a consistent, global, and remote culture. We hire, reward, incentivize, and promote on the same core values and operating principles throughout the organization. The result is that most people do not get widely different experiences We believe this is a good thing as it shows that we say what we do, it does not mean we are the right choice for everyone. We feel that there are a good mix of reviews here and hope that most employees are not writing in haste, but with the goal to really give insight to future employees and clients about AP. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and providing us the feedback. We need feedback to improve the experiences for all of our employees and your voice makes a difference.

"AP is the Real Deal"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

I can't express how thankful I am to be able to work at company like AP. Being someone who came from an agency where inputs/hours worked were valued over results, and no value or support was given to employees, AP is a dream. The biggest pros are the culture, commitment to core values, and trust that AP gives its employees. Our clients are top notch and the work we do is changing the industry, as well as how people view work/life balance. There is no other company, in my opinion, that cares about its employees and clients the way AP does.

Cons

Not a con for me, but like many reviews have mentioned this is a growing agency and the work is fast paced. If you are a person who cracks easily under pressure and can't prioritize/balance work load you will have a hard time succeeding here. Folks who are looking for an easy WFH job with unlimited vacation time should not apply. We hold each other to high standards and are radically candid in our feedback, if you can't work well under those conditions you won't have much fun at AP.

Acceleration Partners2018-12-12

"The BEST Place to Work!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Seriously, AP is the absolute best place to work. I have never worked at another company who genuinely cares for the well-beings of their employees, both professionally and personally, as people beyond the employee. The work we do, while often demanding and challenging, is exciting and inspiring and pushes you to to continue learning and growing. From the top down, AP's employees are all superstars - every here is genuine and thoughtful, functioning a team and here to support one another day in and day out.

Cons

These cons are not true cons per se, but rather an aspect of the company that potential applicants should know about. The culture at AP is outstanding, the work we do is challenging and my colleagues are the best; HOWEVER it is a fast-paced environment, and both expectations and standards are high. To be successful here you have to be highly self-motivated, organized, as well as able to proactively juggle a lot of priorities at any given time. The work from home environment is a huge benefit, however it does not equate to a cushy couch job--we work, and work hard.

Acceleration Partners2018-10-26