Acceleration Partners Reviews | Glassdoor

Acceleration Partners Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2020

4.9

"Amazing place to work but with a few bad apples"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

Amazing Culture with top notch leadership team. Working from home Mostly great co-workers Top rated training

Cons

AP's culture is amazing but with the rapid growth some of it seems to be getting diluted and is not trickling down. People left recently due to issues with managers or their teams. Like another reviewer mentioned, a lot of managers are completely micro-managing their teams with every piece of communication requiring a million edits. In a fast paced agency environment that can have a big impact on moral and productivity. Your success at the company is also impacted by the team/accounts and managers that you get assigned to. Optics and being able to magnify what you do is also sometimes rewards much more than pure performance.

Acceleration Partners2018-11-21

Acceleration Partners Response

November 27, 2018Chief Client Officer

Thank you very much for the feedback, we love hearing from our employees and it’s something we always take seriously. I am understanding of your concerns and I would like to address some of those to hopefully put them into context. Please note that I am not commenting directly about any of our recent departures and this is a general reply based on your noted concerns of micromanagement and some managers requiring a million little edits. As many other reviewers have noted, we strive to be an outcome based culture and to allow individuals flexibility in how they achieve required outcomes. At the same time, it is also important that we maintain high quality standards to ensure a consistent client service experience as that is a major reason clients choose AP. In other words, we have flexibility in how we get to the end result, however the quality of the client deliverable is fixed at a certain standard regardless of how one got there. People management not does come naturally to most people and requires training to improve this skill, thank you for your comment on our training program! With that said, we are working closely with our new managers on the importance of coaching and setting standards using our Client Service Methodology rather than feeling like they have to regularly check work themselves. In cases where deliverables are not meeting AP standards, our managers do need to intervene to coach their teams and ensure the client is getting the best result/service possible. The hope is that this is temporary, as this level of manager involvement is not sustainable, and that goes in both directions. It’s very possible that some of these situations you describe, where individuals may have felt or are feeling micromanagement, is related to client deliverable standards. If this is not the case and there is truly a micromanagement issue, we/I encourage individuals who aren’t finding AP or their manager to be the best fit, to bring their concerns to a member of our talent team or to any leaders at AP. We have historically found that when this happens, we’re able to find a positive outcome for all parties. In regards to the recent departures, while we aim for each of our employees to thrive in our environment, we recognize that this is not always possible and always try to get to the root of the problem openly and honestly. We are proud of the open dialog we have with employees and our Mindful Transition program where we support employees in finding a new role (internal or external), allow them to interview, provide career coaching and more.

"Loving Life at AP"

Current Employee - Senior Associate, Affiliate Marketing in Denver, CO

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

The entire company strives to stand behind its core values and makes sure everyone feels included and successful. It's refreshing to work somewhere where not only work/life balance is accepted, but work/life integration is actually encouraged. I feel like AP treats their employees as talent, rather than just another number.

Cons

Adjusting to a completely remote position can have its challenges, but I feel like AP tries to prepare you for that as best as possible.

Acceleration Partners2018-10-23

"Excellent culture with an environment that challenges you to grow."

Current Employee - Associate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Clear and concise growth path -Many tools to learn and succeed -Excellent support system and work culture

Cons

-Challenges you to be self motivated and organized -Work from home environment can be difficult to adjust to

Acceleration Partners2018-10-15

"Couldn't imagine working anywhere else!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-AP has a culture like no other! We are all remote, yet feel completely connected. -Leadership truly cares about their employees, collecting feedback regularly but more importantly, implementing change as a result of the feedback. -It is a rapidly growing global company, leading the performance marketing industry with great brands you are proud to work with. -No politics - just great people working towards the same vision.

Cons

-The growth is fast - it requires constant adaptation to change. -We are leading the industry in uncharted territories which creates a lot of unknown and ambiguity. May not be the right fit if you require clear direction with clear outcomes.

Acceleration Partners2018-10-15
  5. "Associate Director"

Current Employee - Associate Director in Kingston, MA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing culture, inspiring leadership, endless growth opportunity

Cons

Fast paced environment with a lot of work. Not necessarily a con, but not a workplace for anyone not looking to work hard

Acceleration Partners2018-10-16

"A company with great leadership"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Senior leadership who is transparent about the business and wants the best for all employees - Co-workers really support each other and are always willing to help each other out - Intelligent employees are are self-motivated -Flexible scheduling

Cons

Working remotely isn't for everybody. If you are the type of person who is not self-motivated or needs a lot of hand-holding, it might be a challenging work environment. It's not easy to meet and get to know your co-workers unless you make an effort. Since we are not in regular office set-up, you really have to go the extra mile to meet new people that you don't work with every day.

Acceleration Partners2018-10-22
  7. "Great Place, Great People"

Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

-Everyone truly works as a cohesive team -Everyone at AP is a driven Go-Getter -Everyone at AP really embraces our core values each and every day

Cons

This is more of a word of advice but sticking to a schedule and having a designated workspace has helped me manage an effective work/life integration

Acceleration Partners2018-10-12
  8. "Work-life integration is valued at AP!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

AP truly cares for their employees professional and personal development. I trust and admire our leadership team and am proud and fortunate to work for this organization. Strong community of team players who value and respect one another. The comradery is un-matched to any other placed I have worked before here.

Cons

If you are not a detailed-oriented, self motivating person, AP is not a fit for you. Also, salary discussions need to be reviewed more.

Acceleration Partners2018-10-11
  9. "Great Culture with a Focus on Personal and Professional Development"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

- flexible work environment - management really care about employees - extremely supportive co-workers

Cons

- you need to be a motivated and detailed oriented worker to work from home - can be an adjustment to change to a 100% remote environment

Acceleration Partners2018-10-11
  10. "Serious about company culture"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are a lot of reasons why I love working at Acceleration Partners (AP for short). It I had to boil it down to a few things, it would be: - AMAZING company culture. I've never worked at at company that takes their culture more seriously. We honest live and breath our core values and think about these when we are making hiring decisions. We often ask, are they a core value fit? - Insanely smart team. We have some of the best and brightest people in the industry working at AP. It's rare to encounter a circumstance someone on the team hasn't already dealt with in some capacity. - Transparency. The level of transparency with the leadership team is incredible. There is a open door policy that is more than just a saying. Leadership takes all feedback seriously, and honestly encourages it.

Cons

Working in an agency environment is fast-paces and stressful. If you're not a person who handles stress or change well, this is not the environment for you. We also have high standards in terms of output and managers will give direct, honest feedback often. This isn't a con, but if you aren't able to take feedback well, you will struggle at AP.

Acceleration Partners2018-10-10