Acceleration Partners "leadership team" Reviews | Glassdoor

Acceleration Partners Employee Reviews about "leadership team"

Updated Feb 24, 2020

4.9
Pros
  • "The work-from-home set up allows me the ability to cut out the noise while also having a great work/life balance(in 52 reviews)

• "Bob and the leadership team have created an culture that truly fosters growth, both personally and professionally(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working from home is amazing but don't assume it's a cushy job(in 57 reviews)

• "It's an agency, so it is fast-paced, which might not be for some(in 21 reviews)

Reviews about "leadership team"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Dream come true"

Current Employee - Publisher Development Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

I'm so lucky to be at AP! They value each employee as an individual and have created a genuinely positive and encouraging work environment. Working remotely can be isolating, but I have never felt so connected with my colleagues, more so than working in an actual office. Bob and the leadership team have created an culture that truly fosters growth, both personally and professionally. The work is challenging yet rewarding, the environment is flexible and management truly cares about their employees.

Cons

Training could be improved, but is always getting better.

Acceleration Partners2020-02-24

"Employee Focused, Results Oriented"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel so grateful to work at AP. This is the first place I have ever worked that truly embodies their core values and lives them everyday, from the hiring process, to training, to professional development, and so much more! At AP you will work with smart, collaborative and supportive teammates who are always willing to help out and want to lift one another up. AP really embraces work life integration - our leadership team believes in working smarter, not harder, and taking time to recharge and refresh as well. Working remotely provides a level of flexibility that I have personally never had before. I feel like I can bring my best self to work everyday, work incredibly hard, but also work in an environment that is comfortable and familiar to me. The mission and vision of AP is also clear and something that I believe in. Our leaders are transparent about what is going on at the company, and they are always willing to answer any questions anyone has. All employees are provided all the tools they need to be successful and grow at AP - interesting projects, a roadmap for your career growth, unique learning and development opportunities, and supportive managers.

Cons

As many people have mentioned, working from home is not for everyone - you have to have discipline and be self motivated in order to succeed. You also need to be comfortable being autonomous, which not everyone is able to do. AP is also a very feedback oriented culture, so you have to be comfortable receiving positive but also constructive, feedback about projects and performance. This is an agency, so being flexible and adaptable is key - if you don't like an ever changing environment where you may have to juggle multiple priorities, this is not the right place for you. While leadership does try to be thoughtful and intentional when changes are made, it's still something to get used to.

Acceleration Partners2019-12-12

"Rewarding work and an amazing culture!"

Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The culture, the values, the opportunity to balance your work and home life, the ability to travel while working, supportive coworkers, transparent leadership team and challenging yet rewarding work are all reasons I enjoy working for AP.

Cons

Due to our rapid growth over the last year and bringing more team members and clients into the AP family, it has felt like we've started to outgrow many of our processes and technologies. Processes that worked for 40 people are no longer scalable for a company of 170 and counting. This is something the leadership team is aware of and is actively working to improve, which is great to see.

Acceleration Partners2019-10-10
  4. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture is amazing! We are all given a ton of flexibility to own our personal and professional schedules to get our work done. Although we are all remote, I have never felt more connected to a team. Everyone is smart, dedicated and extremely supportive of one another - everyone truly wants to see you succeed. We invest in a lot of training, both internally and externally, for our employees and want to be sure that they are set-up for success starting on day 1. This is key to expanding upon the strong teams that we have today. AP believes in transparency at all levels and it shows. The leadership team shares a lot of information with employees from client updates to our financials and it is such a benefit for employees to hear from them directly. The last thing I will say is our core values make us the successful organization we are today. We hire with the goal that all new employees not only understand what they mean, but will live and breathe them starting on day 1. You will hear everyone - from employees to management - reference our values on a daily basis.

Cons

No true cons at this point. The teams are great, and I enjoy the fast paced environment that others have listed.

Acceleration Partners2019-10-01

"Great Work Life Integration"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Colorado Springs, CO

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

As a market leader Acceleration Partners is always looking to lift & raise their game, which in turn helps you develop your skills. They have growth maps in place for all client service employees helping you to see what you need to do to be promoted, which is amazing. They focus on accountability, which permits you to own your work and your time. The company is completely remote, but they have tons of things in place to help you feel connected. I don’t live on the East Coast, but I get to choose to work East Coast time, allowing me to have afternoons free with my family. Having the ability to do this has dramatically increased my overall life happiness! The Leadership team genuinely cares about their employees, and they collect regular anonymous assessments that allow you to give real-time feedback.

Cons

If you are not the type of person who is self-motivated or if you need a lot of hand-holding, this will be a challenging work environment for you. You must be determined to learn and a self-starter to appreciate the culture. Also, your success at the company is impacted greatly by the team/accounts and managers that you get assigned to. If you get a manager/team that isn’t a good fit, it can be a challenge to learn how to advocate for yourself to make sure you are placed in the right seat. They also have a very demanding feedback schedule, so you need to have a resilient attitude to be able to take feedback and grow.

Acceleration Partners2019-09-10

"Great workplace that exemplifies its core values."

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

It didn't take long to realize that everything that was presented to me about AP in the hiring process is accurate. The work life balance is a huge plus, and the remote work culture allows for flexible scheduling. The leadership team is focused on transparency, always looking for employee feedback and engaged with the greater team. What's most impressive to me is that everybody takes pride in doing their work well and meeting high standards. It's great to work at a company where everybody is committed to giving their best in everything they do.

Cons

The pace of work here is an adjustment at first. It's a great place to work if you want to feel positively challenged and engaged, but it's definitely not a leisurely work environment.

Acceleration Partners2019-04-24

"Amazing place to work but with a few bad apples"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

Amazing Culture with top notch leadership team. Working from home Mostly great co-workers Top rated training

Cons

AP's culture is amazing but with the rapid growth some of it seems to be getting diluted and is not trickling down. People left recently due to issues with managers or their teams. Like another reviewer mentioned, a lot of managers are completely micro-managing their teams with every piece of communication requiring a million edits. In a fast paced agency environment that can have a big impact on moral and productivity. Your success at the company is also impacted by the team/accounts and managers that you get assigned to. Optics and being able to magnify what you do is also sometimes rewards much more than pure performance.

Acceleration Partners2018-11-21

Acceleration Partners Response

November 27, 2018Chief Client Officer

Thank you very much for the feedback, we love hearing from our employees and it’s something we always take seriously. I am understanding of your concerns and I would like to address some of those to hopefully put them into context. Please note that I am not commenting directly about any of our recent departures and this is a general reply based on your noted concerns of micromanagement and some managers requiring a million little edits. As many other reviewers have noted, we strive to be an outcome based culture and to allow individuals flexibility in how they achieve required outcomes. At the same time, it is also important that we maintain high quality standards to ensure a consistent client service experience as that is a major reason clients choose AP. In other words, we have flexibility in how we get to the end result, however the quality of the client deliverable is fixed at a certain standard regardless of how one got there. People management not does come naturally to most people and requires training to improve this skill, thank you for your comment on our training program! With that said, we are working closely with our new managers on the importance of coaching and setting standards using our Client Service Methodology rather than feeling like they have to regularly check work themselves. In cases where deliverables are not meeting AP standards, our managers do need to intervene to coach their teams and ensure the client is getting the best result/service possible. The hope is that this is temporary, as this level of manager involvement is not sustainable, and that goes in both directions. It’s very possible that some of these situations you describe, where individuals may have felt or are feeling micromanagement, is related to client deliverable standards. If this is not the case and there is truly a micromanagement issue, we/I encourage individuals who aren’t finding AP or their manager to be the best fit, to bring their concerns to a member of our talent team or to any leaders at AP. We have historically found that when this happens, we’re able to find a positive outcome for all parties. In regards to the recent departures, while we aim for each of our employees to thrive in our environment, we recognize that this is not always possible and always try to get to the root of the problem openly and honestly. We are proud of the open dialog we have with employees and our Mindful Transition program where we support employees in finding a new role (internal or external), allow them to interview, provide career coaching and more.

Continue reading
  8. "Work-life integration is valued at AP!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

AP truly cares for their employees professional and personal development. I trust and admire our leadership team and am proud and fortunate to work for this organization. Strong community of team players who value and respect one another. The comradery is un-matched to any other placed I have worked before here.

Cons

If you are not a detailed-oriented, self motivating person, AP is not a fit for you. Also, salary discussions need to be reviewed more.

Acceleration Partners2018-10-11
  9. "A company that truly cares about their employees"

Current Employee - Associate Director

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Acceleration Partners is truly a place for the most intelligent affiliate marketers to come together and work with some of the biggest and best brands in the world (not just the US). You get to work with the most amazing people who like to be challenged, work hard but ultimately see results. It's not an easy job by any means but the leadership team is very open and transparent to feedback to make your job better. I've never seen a company that cares this much about their employees and what their employees want. It is really an amazing opportunity if you are up for the challenge.

Cons

We work really hard and we love to give feedback. If you don't like constructive feedback, AP is not for you. We work with super smart people and we want our employees to excel and improve every day. You need to be open to your manager calling you after a client call to tell you how you can improve next time or even a peer emailing you about a better way to move forward with a process. If you don't want to hear feedback, unfortunately, you won't like it here.

Acceleration Partners2018-10-10
  10. "Amazing people and great service to clients"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Strong Global Leadership team - There is a general company attitude of team first. There is no backstabbing or politics, no one is out only for themselves. It is really refreshing that the people are all smart and genuine and helping one another succeed. - Lots of growth opportunity in client services, the team is growing super fast and lots of internal promotions - Working from home is great, lots of autonomy and space to integrate family life and the demands of agency life. - String alignment on goals, objectives, and obstacles from the CEO to the Associate level, information is free-flowing with a lot of transparency - Premium service for clients, it's nice to work someplace where you truly believe in the service/product.

Cons

There are not a lot of cons, but if I had to pick something I would say that it is very busy all the time and there is alot of work to be done as is expected with a high growth company. You have to be good at prioritization and willing to adjust frequently. If you are not willing to put in 100% everyday then this company is not right for you.

Acceleration Partners2018-10-10