Acceleration Partners "working from home" Reviews | Glassdoor

Acceleration Partners Employee Reviews about "working from home"

Updated Dec 12, 2019

4.9
Pros
  • "The work-from-home set up allows me the ability to cut out the noise while also having a great work/life balance(in 52 reviews)

• "Bob and the leadership team have created an culture that truly fosters growth, both personally and professionally(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • "Working from home is amazing but don't assume it's a cushy job(in 57 reviews)

• "It's an agency, so it is fast-paced, which might not be for some(in 21 reviews)

Reviews about "working from home"

Return to all Reviews

"Employee Focused, Results Oriented"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

I feel so grateful to work at AP. This is the first place I have ever worked that truly embodies their core values and lives them everyday, from the hiring process, to training, to professional development, and so much more! At AP you will work with smart, collaborative and supportive teammates who are always willing to help out and want to lift one another up. AP really embraces work life integration - our leadership team believes in working smarter, not harder, and taking time to recharge and refresh as well. Working remotely provides a level of flexibility that I have personally never had before. I feel like I can bring my best self to work everyday, work incredibly hard, but also work in an environment that is comfortable and familiar to me. The mission and vision of AP is also clear and something that I believe in. Our leaders are transparent about what is going on at the company, and they are always willing to answer any questions anyone has. All employees are provided all the tools they need to be successful and grow at AP - interesting projects, a roadmap for your career growth, unique learning and development opportunities, and supportive managers.

Cons

As many people have mentioned, working from home is not for everyone - you have to have discipline and be self motivated in order to succeed. You also need to be comfortable being autonomous, which not everyone is able to do. AP is also a very feedback oriented culture, so you have to be comfortable receiving positive but also constructive, feedback about projects and performance. This is an agency, so being flexible and adaptable is key - if you don't like an ever changing environment where you may have to juggle multiple priorities, this is not the right place for you. While leadership does try to be thoughtful and intentional when changes are made, it's still something to get used to.

Acceleration Partners2019-12-12

"If you're a core value fit - this place is the best!"

Current Employee - Program Strategist

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The team at AP is very authentic and passionate and that comes from the top. Bob truly wants everyone to elevate and achieve their maximum potential both at work and in their personal life. Standards are high and we are constantly pushed to take ownership of our success. If you have this type of mindset, then you will do well here. If you work here, you will be better, you will achieve more in your life, you will grow as a person and you will experience a unique culture. I've worked at other agencies and this is truly a special place.

Cons

Like any agency, AP is fast paced and the workload can be intense. If you're going the agency route then this is something you have to accept and expect. Also, people who are not a true core value fit don't typically thrive in this environment. You really are held very accountable for your work, it's impossible to BS your way through it and it will be quickly noted if you're not meeting expectations. Working from home is amazing but don't assume it's a cushy job. This is the hardest job I've ever had, but it's hard to imagine working anywhere else.

Acceleration Partners2019-10-08
  3. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Affiliate Marketing

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Acceleration Partners has continued to be a great place to work for myself and many other team members. A few of the pros that are valuable to me are: - Transparent leadership that is driven to grow the company and our people - An amazing portfolio of clients that includes some of the world's biggest brands - The work-from-home set up allows me the ability to cut out the noise while also having a great work/life balance - Huge growth opportunities for those who want it and add value to the organization - An amazing group of people that I get to work with on a daily basis. We hold each other accountable and as a result, we drive results - The ability to provide feedback in a judgment-free zone that I can see is implemented to help increase team member happiness

Cons

There aren't a ton of downsides for me when it comes to working at AP. If you're a core value fit, I think you will thrive at AP. However, before accepting a role, I'd encourage you to look in the mirror and determine if you think your personal beliefs align with that of the company. While it's great to work from home, that joy will quickly go away if you're not ready to work as hard as you've ever worked. As such, a few of the cons related to working at AP are: - An extremely fast-paced environment that requires you to prioritize effectively - A lot of ambiguity and times where things are not clearly defined. Because of that, you need to be willing to take the ball and run with things and be comfortable not knowing the answers to everything

Acceleration Partners2019-09-30

"Great Peers, Tough Management"

Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work from home has its advantages and there is a bit of freedom to make your own schedule. Some really great, smart people!

Cons

The work from home environment was tough to grow and learn in on a regular basis. I found that because coworkers were not together often, during onsite visits they were more focused on bonding and managers weren't always willing to sit down and work through account issues, real missed learning opportunities. However, it seemed like your experience here is largely based on the team you are placed on, I found my team tough from a management perspective. Too many hands in the pot, never a clear direction of what tasks needed to be completed on what timeline and where priorities should be. Important note to people looking to work here: they do give incentives to write reviews here, which is why so many use similar wording. The company as a whole is very award focused, almost to a fault.

Acceleration Partners2019-09-11

Acceleration Partners Response

October 4, 2019CEO

Thank you very much for your time in sending us a review. We pride ourselves in our people, it is great to hear that you agree that we have “really great, smart people.” In reply to where we can do better, I am sorry to hear that you had a less than desirable experience with your manager. Our teams and our people depend on strong leaders and managers at all levels of the organization. The reality is that we have many new managers as we continue to promote and invest in our own people, which can be a double-edged sword. I’m not sure when you left AP but this past year we launched/are launching many new management initiatives including, Global Leadership and Management Standards, an open performance measurement system for manager effectiveness, offsite retreats for leadership development for our Director level leaders, and even small group forums for management training. We are committed to our core value of Excel & Improve and improving our infrastructure to support the growing needs for leadership and management training as we continue to grow and promote from within. I think you would be happy to see the changes we have made in the last 6 months alone. In response to the comment that we give incentives to write reviews, this is a little misleading. All reviews are 100% anonymous so we don’t know who writes them and have never incentivized anyone to write positive reviews or told anyone what to say. Many awards submission have long surveys and have participation thresholds to qualify and we recognize that these are time consuming for employees. In the past we have encouraged companywide participation through a raffle, which is 100% on the honor system, none of data is seen by our team. You can win the raffle if you left a negative review and we would never know. With respect to the similarities in comments, I think that has more to do with our level of authenticity. Employees and prospective employees should want to work here for the right reasons, not a false perception. Working in client services, in a very fast pace company with constant change and remotely from home can be hard and is not right for everyone. We believe the reviews are often similar because we’ve done a good job at creating a consistent, global, and remote culture. We hire, reward, incentivize, and promote on the same core values and operating principles throughout the organization. The result is that most people do not get widely different experiences, which we believe is a good thing as it shows that we say what we do, it does not mean we are the right choice for everyone. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review!

Continue reading

"Truly a GREAT place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

AP offers flexibility and TRULY believe in it. Unlike other places of employment, AP encourages employees to take care of their family and themselves and balance their lives with work. It's an agency - so it's fast-paced, but having the flexibility to manage your life is priceless. In addition, working with very smart people who truly care about the company and want to come together to make the brand successful is such a great quality. AP is a positive, vibrant and creative agency - the brand is on the cutting edge and is a few steps ahead.

Cons

Since AP is a remote culture, it would be great to see our colleagues more often. The company does host a company-wide summit once-a-year, which is amazing. We also have a monthly stipend for shared spaces, and have quite a few get togethers. Working from home is an adjustment - it works for some, but not for others.

Acceleration Partners2019-03-08

"Great Company with Strong Work Etthic"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than a year

Pros

-Working remotely allows for flexibility - Management is invested in your well being, career development, and overall happiness - The CEO knows you by name and is invested and cares about his company/employees -Management is continually updating processes to make each positions' duties more efficient to relieve any added stress caused by outdated processes - Compensation is competitive - Culture and our employees. Everyone at AP has a go-getter attitude and strives for greatness, creating an overall motivating and rewarding culture.

Cons

If you believe working from home allows for a relaxed career, guess again. I have worked harder at AP than any other office job. The team has high expectations for quality work and this requires commitment. The hard work does pay off and is very rewarding. If you are not a motivated individual, this may not be the company for you.

Acceleration Partners2019-03-05

"Depends on the team you're assigned to"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

- WFH is convenient - Talented, intelligent coworkers are easy to come by - Positive and progressive company culture - Exposure to large clients and brand names - Great learning opportunities and team-building opportunities, as well as cross-team collaboration on ad hoc projects - Leadership for the most part, really does value work-life integration and they make a point of rewarding employees for taking time off to disconnect, organizing social events for employees that live near each other, etc. That's really appreciated.

Cons

- As other reviews mentioned, there's a big problem with some micromanaging within the company. It's very degrading to have to send your director your email drafts prior to sending to the client, then have every little word picked over by someone that thinks their way is the only way. Especially at a Sr. Manager level. I've never experienced this in other companies. - While I'm aware that certain clients are paying a lot of money for our services, I don't think that qualifies them to treat their account teams like their own personal secretaries. But when your director has set that standard, it's hard to push back against late working nights and ridiculous requests with nearly impossible turnaround times - The company offers raffle prizes for reviews so I feel like I was possibly misled by some of the glowing reviews. It seems like many are written quickly and without much detail, and list the same pros and cons over and over, almost verbatim. That's fine if you just want to win a raffles, but consider pointing out true pros and cons and stop just reiterating "fast-paced environment and work from home may not be for everyone". I know I would have appreciated a little more specific examples of cons like I've mentioned above, because I know I'm not the first to experience these.

Acceleration Partners2019-01-30

Acceleration Partners Response

October 4, 2019CEO

Thank you very much for your time in sending us a review. We know it has been a while since you left this review, but we received similar feedback recently and we wanted to take the time to respond to you as well and reply to where we can do better. I am sorry to hear that you had a less than desirable experience with your team manager and I hope this is improving at the time of writing this. Our teams and our people depend on strong leaders and managers at all levels of the organization. The reality is that we have many new managers as we continue to promote and invest in our own people, which can be a double-edged sword. We heard your feedback and knew this was something we wanted to tackle, so we took on many Leadership and Management Initiatives this year. We launched our Global Leadership and Management Standards, an open performance measurement system for manager effectiveness, offsite retreats for leadership development for our Director level leaders, and even small group forums for management training. To have the best people we are committed to our core value of Excel & Improve and improving our infrastructure to support the growing needs for leadership and management training as we continue to grow and promote from within. I hope you are happy with the changes we have made in the last 6 months and those that will continue to come in the future. And if not, please make sure to let us know in Tinypulse so that we can continue to address the root issues. Many awards submission have long surveys and have participation thresholds to qualify and we recognize that these are time consuming for employees. In the past we have encouraged companywide participation through a raffle, which is 100% on the honor system, none of the data is seen by our team. You can win the raffle if you left a negative review and we would never know. With respect to the similarities in comments, I think that has more to do with our level of authenticity. Employees and prospective employees should want to work here for the right reasons, not a false perception. Working in client services, in a very fast pace company with constant change and remotely from home can be hard and is not right for everyone. We believe the reviews are often similar because we’ve done a good job at creating a consistent, global, and remote culture. We hire, reward, incentivize, and promote on the same core values and operating principles throughout the organization. The result is that most people do not get widely different experiences We believe this is a good thing as it shows that we say what we do, it does not mean we are the right choice for everyone. We feel that there are a good mix of reviews here and hope that most employees are not writing in haste, but with the goal to really give insight to future employees and clients about AP. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review and providing us the feedback. We need feedback to improve the experiences for all of our employees and your voice makes a difference.

Continue reading

"The BEST Place to Work!"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Seriously, AP is the absolute best place to work. I have never worked at another company who genuinely cares for the well-beings of their employees, both professionally and personally, as people beyond the employee. The work we do, while often demanding and challenging, is exciting and inspiring and pushes you to to continue learning and growing. From the top down, AP's employees are all superstars - every here is genuine and thoughtful, functioning a team and here to support one another day in and day out.

Cons

These cons are not true cons per se, but rather an aspect of the company that potential applicants should know about. The culture at AP is outstanding, the work we do is challenging and my colleagues are the best; HOWEVER it is a fast-paced environment, and both expectations and standards are high. To be successful here you have to be highly self-motivated, organized, as well as able to proactively juggle a lot of priorities at any given time. The work from home environment is a huge benefit, however it does not equate to a cushy couch job--we work, and work hard.

Acceleration Partners2018-10-26

"Excellent culture with an environment that challenges you to grow."

Current Employee - Associate in Wilkes-Barre, PA

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Clear and concise growth path -Many tools to learn and succeed -Excellent support system and work culture

Cons

-Challenges you to be self motivated and organized -Work from home environment can be difficult to adjust to

Acceleration Partners2018-10-15
  10. "Great Culture with a Focus on Personal and Professional Development"

I have been working at Acceleration Partners full-time

Pros

- flexible work environment - management really care about employees - extremely supportive co-workers

Cons

- you need to be a motivated and detailed oriented worker to work from home - can be an adjustment to change to a 100% remote environment

Acceleration Partners2018-10-11