Acceleron Pharma Reviews

Acceleron Pharma President and CEO Habib Dable
Habib Dable
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great company and culture

Apr 7, 2021 - Senior Process Engineer in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company looks to make employees feel invested and enthusiastic about the programs. The benefits are beyond most biotech in Cambridge. The 401k package is a 10% match up to $10,000. The health insurance is comprehensive and high quality (i.e. it costs $0 to have a baby). There are yearly equity awards (additional to the employee stock purchase plan) and the company looks for opportunities to reward employees. There is a strong focus on the culture and prior to the pandemic, there were biweekly happy hours, off site events and gatherings quarterly for the families and some parties just for employees. Even during the pandemic committees have hosted events for cooking or art classes and shipped materials to peoples' homes. The company has continually emphasized diversity and inclusion and has increased charitable efforts to include these areas as well as the rare diseases being researched. This message comes from the CEO, who often has breakfast with the employees and attends the fun company events with the rest of the leadership team. Also should add that there is a balanced approach now to telework in addition to onsite activities. The company also provides free parking with its own parking lot or T-passes as well, which in Cambridge is pretty great.

Cons

Due to the lean nature of the research and development teams (true of all departments), often employees are working very hard and juggling many balls (wearing many hats?). It is not a good place for people that do not have initiative, want to punch a clock and aren't willing to take on roles. For instance a laboratory employee could find their job entails: multiple molecules at different stages, lab work, manufacturing support, troubleshooting, vendor contacts and outsourcing, project management duties, logistics and materials management as well as bringing in innovative solutions and drug discovery. (which are Pros for career advancement and opportunity) The company is also focused on extremely tight and condensed timelines to execute the vision and can feel off the rails at time to advance programs with breakthrough designation. There is the ability to get burned out.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0

Great culture

Feb 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

CEO and leadership team. Collaborative fun, passionate culture . Truly committed to patients

Cons

My experience so far has been amazing here

3. 5.0

great company

Dec 27, 2020 - Scientist II in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

inspiration, care, transparent, kindness, team work

Cons

I have no idea so far

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Company -Rewarding

Jan 13, 2021 - Project Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

small company feels like a family culture

Cons

growing pains -growing fast, not as diverse

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not an equitable and inclusive work force

Jan 31, 2021 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Can’t think of any. Maybe the science

Cons

Not inclusive . Company culture is misrepresented.

5 people found this review helpful

Manager, Social Media

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. At Acceleron, we understand that there is always room for improvement, and we continually seek ways to better serve our community. In our ongoing commitment to inclusion, diversity, and equity, we prioritize transparency and two-way communication. During our company-wide Town Halls, we celebrate our achievements, highlight growth opportunities, and share the formal and informal feedback that we collect on a regular basis. Notably, we have created an Inclusion and Diversity Council, implemented changes in our hiring processes, training employees on unconscious bias, and increasing our focus on internal development opportunities. We are confident that Acceleron’s strong culture built by open-minded Accelerators will help us continue to make strides towards a more inclusive organization representative of the many different cultures, races, and beliefs of our community. If you have any suggestions to help us better represent our company culture and inclusivity, we’d love to hear them. Ana Marfil, Director, Talent Management, Inclusion and Diversity

6. 4.0

Great place to work

Jan 9, 2021 - Associate Director in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great team, work-life balance, company culture

Cons

none that come to mind

7. 5.0

Compassionate and Transparent

Jul 8, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very positive company outlook right now. Humble management, good work/life balance for a small company (small departments mean fewer people to spread work around, but they do try to keep it reasonable). Lots of effort to keep employees happy and engaged.

Cons

Growing so quickly creates some lack of structure. The plus side is that it gives you room to help shape what it should look like moving forward, and Mgmt actively solicits input. But it is a bit disorganized.

4 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Loved going to work!

Sep 16, 2020 - Quality Systems Specialist in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I loved going to work and being apart of the Acceleron team.

Cons

None cons. I loved working for Acceleron.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Always a blast

Aug 16, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you want visibility and transparency to do great things, the opportunity is there. Management listens, and if you pull your weight, you're given the chance for development and growth. Underpaid for what my role does at other companies, but hoping that changes as we undergo growth and development. As new people come and others move on to better adventures - we gain new perspective and ideas!

Cons

As new people come, and others move on to better adventures - the hiccups and growing pains are expected. Underpaid for my role compared to other companies - understood this is being reassessed internally. I have been offered more $ elsewhere, but Acceleron has earned my loyalty and hard work. Yes, to me, it's that good.

Acceleron Pharma

We are happy to hear that you feel acknowledged for your hard work and that you feel you can advance your career with us! Providing a path for growth and a window into how to do it are certainly priorities for us. At Acceleron, we continually benchmark our compensation packages — including salary, bonus, equity, and benefits — against those of our peers, and in a hiring environment as dynamic as this one, that picture can change quite quickly. Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you want to discuss it further. - CHRO

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Nice

Nov 5, 2019 - Manager in Cambridge, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice perks, flexible schedule/WFH policy, nice senior mgmt

Cons

Needs better IT infrastructure, hiring too fast getting some weirdos

2 people found this review helpful

Acceleron Pharma Response

We’re happy to hear you are enjoying your time at XLRN and appreciate your feedback! We are growing quickly, and as we do, we will continue to invest in our departments and resourcing. We understand that there is always room for improvement, but we have the utmost confidence in our IT team, our Talent Acquisition team, and our employees. At XLRN we are always looking to hire people who work hard and are committed to helping patients, and there’s nothing weird about that!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 28 Reviews

Popular Careers with Acceleron Pharma Job Seekers

Research Associate, Cell Biology
JobsSalariesInterviews
Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP)
Senior Associate, Cell Biology