Accelrys Reviews | Glassdoor

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Accelrys President, CEO, and Director Scipio M. (Max) Carnecchia
Scipio M. (Max) Carnecchia

1. "Changes are the constant"

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product Management in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Accelrys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Passion of the people and diversity in corporate culture make Accelrys a high energy environment. Leadership is focused and demanding which is why the company has been able to execute so well in such a tough market filled with competition.

Cons

Like all places, corporate politics and opinions can shape directions and careers. Being able to march to a drum that is off-beat can be difficult.

2. "A company that truly respects and appreciates your contributions"

Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Support Specialist in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Accelrys full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best thing from my own experience, is that they don't micro-manage you. They hire you to do the job and don't feel the need to hover over you to ensure you get it done. They provide a friendly open environment where everyone works together, without a defined hierarchy. You are treated as an equal by everyone, regardless of the initials that follow their name. They strive to provide a relaxed atmosphere and grant employees opportunities to have fun with their co-workers, whether it be at the weekly on site happy hours, to the amenities like, pool table, shuffleboard and Foosball or the full gym and basketball court. I also like the relaxed dress code.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't found any. I'll update my review should I stumble across something later.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You've assembled an eclectic group of people that are on board with the companies goals and work to continue pushing us forward.

3. "Lots of ups and downs, but overall bery good"

Current Employee - Director of Product Management in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Product Management in San Ramon, CA

Pros

Great leadership
    Solid product
    Fantastic customers.

Cons

Not as sexy as Internet and mobile companies

Advice to Management

Grow beyond enterprise software. Quickly.

5. "Great work environment where everyone is respectful of others."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Pros

An excellent place for a self-starter to make great contributions to excellent products.
    Upper management really wants to make a difference in the quality of the products.

Cons

This is no place for someone who only wants to "get by." So you have to put your whole heart into what you're doing. If you're not a balanced person, you could over-extend yourself and burn out.

6. "18 great years"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at Accelrys full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Terrific people, all committed to making great products. Good scientists, very open atmosphere for discussions etc. Company looks after people quite well, lots of events/things going on. Good mix of scientists and engineers, very young and driven workforce. Very international too.

Cons

Have to find 20 words - not easy. It is a great place!