Accent Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Chief Strategy Officer"

Current Employee - Chief Strategy Officer in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Chief Strategy Officer in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Accent Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you enjoy a start-up and growth environment, Accent is really enjoyable.
    The CEO is passionate about product and innovation. Salaries and perks are generous when compared to other companies in Brevard County.
    Software Engineers and other technologists have a chance to get broad and deep exposure to a host of technologies, languages, and architecture.
    2018-19 look to be great years for growth.

Cons

Like any company, there's always some people who are not as good at team play as you'd like, but my experience has been that most of my colleagues are a pleasure to work with and bend over backwards to help each other out.

Advice to Management

Continue to reach out to young, local talent at places such as FIT.

"<3"

Current Employee - Programming in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Programming in Melbourne, FL

Pros

it's nice to work for a place where you are viewed at as a contributor, came from a place where I was just a number and it's nice to be appreciated.

Cons

shifting gears at times is frustrating but you get used to it - at least it's appreciated.

Advice to Management

idk

"Great Place to Work!"

I have been working at Accent Technologies full-time

Pros

Working at Accent has been a wonderful experience. Every day I get to be part of a team that's on the cutting edge of an industry, and there's nothing else like it. The management is encouraging, and the team is a blast! There's a bright future for this company.

Cons

There are very few negative things I can say about Accent. The only thing that might be a negative is the fact that change happens rapidly and it can sometimes be difficult to adapt quickly enough. For me though, this is a positive part of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! Continue to set a strong direction for the company and you'll without a doubt continue to see success.

"Software Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Software Developer in Melbourne, FL

Pros

Great place to work, people are friendly and helpful and the work is interesting and challenging. Lots of fun company events and perks that make working here enjoyable.

Cons

Not many cons, but sometimes shifting priorities and projects can be difficult to handle.

Advice to Management

Focus on standardizing products and limiting customization to help the company grow.

"good place to start"

Former Employee - IT/NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - IT/NETWORK SECURITY ENGINEER in Tampa, FL

I worked at Accent Technologies (More than 3 years)

Pros

•Company is willing to invest time in evaluating/adopting new technologies - good if you're looking to expand your technical repertoire
    •Wide variety of roles to expand into, work is rarely monotonous
    •Fair degree of autonomy to achieve a given task

Cons

•Work often feels haphazard or last-minute, though they were working to refine their project management towards the end of my stay

Advice to Management

Work towards finding a better balance of agility and order.

"Programmer"

Former Employee - Programmer in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Programmer in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Accent Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Received a huge amount of hands-on, challenging experience using the latest technologies that would typically take 10 years to attain within big companies. You have a direct line to the CEO and each individual is noticed (which can be a 'pro' and a 'con')

Cons

Having to switch priorities with little notice, not a lot of employee feedback provided by direct supervisors

Advice to Management

It's not always productive to motivate in positive ways, sometimes you have to hold people to deadlines (regardless of excuses)

"Good place to start your career and it can be a very hectic work environment but as long as the work gets done ."

Pros

working from home or remote is acceptable, food and drinks on the company are common usually more than once a week.

Cons

Pivot constantly in work and designs are changing constantly right up until release date, sometimes jumping from one project to a totally different one.

Advice to Management

Little bit more structure and documentation in working on client projects and need to say no more often when asked for a feature by a client.

"Love working here"

Pros

Time off as you need it policy is great. Respect the time off, take it off as needed...as long as you meet deadlines and get your work done you're fine. CEO interacts with all of the employees on a daily basis. While he may not agree with your opinion he listens and respects your viewpoint. Everyone person is recognized at one time or another, for a great achievement, act of kindness, sheer heroics during Monday staff synch up meetings, or during Friday development show-and-tells + talk about what great things we accomplished during the past week. Fast paced, and fun environment.

Cons

Client focus pulls company away from product road map and long term objectives.

Advice to Management

Your technology road map is impressive. Keep focused and great things will come.

"Awesome place to work!!"

Current Employee - Relationship/Project Implementation Management in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Accent Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Since I started at Accent, there hasn't been a single day where I've felt like I don’t want to go to work. The company has several long-term clients and is also growing quite a bit, which creates a lot of opportunity to grow with the company. Another thing I love is the team atmosphere, which I think is difficult to find. Everyone works together and it’s rewarding to not only experience being part of a team, but to work towards (and achieve) a common goal. The team does work hard but there are also a lot of perks, which starts with the CEO and the management follows suit. With other jobs I've had in the past, I've felt like I don’t directly contribute or that my skill-set isn't being used to my full potential. The great thing about Accent is that the employees tend to gravitate to what they’re good at and enjoy doing the most. You get to wear a lot of hats since it’s a smaller company, so it never gets stale. I’m really happy to be a part of the team and plan to stay here long term.

Cons

I can’t think of any cons, but if you’re the type of person who is used to a lot of structure I can see that being a con. An example is if you like the idea of having a formal process for every single tiny thing, you might find this aspect to be a con. Yes they have processes, but you also have to be willing to handle things on the fly.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster a supportive and positive environment. If I've ever needed help, guidance or support I have never been turned down by management. I also like that I always know what’s expected of me and also the management does a good job of making the environment fun even when there’s a lot going on.

"Can't Imagine A Better Job!"

Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Marketing Analyst in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Accent Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Because of the relatively small size of the company (25 employees or so), everyday is exciting. Unlike large companies where you often get stuck working on repetitive tasks day after day, Accent Technologies has offered me the opportunity to tackle new and exciting challenges on a regular basis. My opinions, skills, and efforts really seem to be valued here and I always feel like I am making a difference. The company's laid back culture, competitive pay, excellent vacation policies, potential for growth, and extremely supportive management make Accent Technologies an amazing place to work. I highly recommend this company to everyone!

Cons

I really don't have anything bad to say about Accent Technologies. My time here so far has been awesome and I wouldn't ask for anything different.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting your employees like you have done so well for me. I love working for the management of this company and am glad to be part of such a great team.