Cover image for AccentCare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

84.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=AccentCare~328266
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The pay is good for a home health company(in 44 reviews)
  • "I enjoyed my time with this company the people I worked with were great and the clients were great.(in 38 reviews)
  • "My Coworkers were great they all felt as stressed and anxiety ridden as I did so you were able to have someone be sympathetic.(in 20 reviews)
  • "Flexible and great leadership!(in 19 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule and ability to pass on cases.(in 18 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of AccentCare and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Supportive, Collaborative Team

Mar 24, 2022 - Clinical Supervisor in San Antonio, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

In my role, I feel that I am afforded the autonomy to make a difference in the care of our patients every day. It is palpable that our entire company puts the needs of the patients at the highest priority. We are provided with the tools to be successful in our positions.

Cons

While this is not a con in my opinion, as with any large company, it is a fast paced environment with a lot of working pieces.

The People Team

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review; your feedback is appreciated!

2. 5.0

PCA

Nov 21, 2022 - Caregiver/PCA
    Business Outlook

Pros

pay rate varies 10 is the minimum that they will pay..right now i get paid 13.

Cons

not a consistant client so pay is not consistant.

3. Join the AccentCare team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

good intentions poorly delivered

Nov 14, 2022 - RN Case Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

large company, a lot of training resources, plenty on work available

Cons

you are tracked down to the minute expected to make a quota for the day, which in some situations can be very hard when you are trying to give needed patient care and some unexpected patients needs may arise. Charting on a tablet sucks, the lack of chart information aviaible to you resets from time to time. You are required to chart about events that didn't involve patient care which could take you an extra hour, they want you to clock in and out during your shift even if you are scheduled for you 8hr shift and there may not be any work aviaible to you at that time but are expected to be on stand-by when you are clocked out. Everything is centered on cost effective care rather than what it good for that patient, understaffed is an understatement

5. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Lots of Room for Improvement

Oct 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some flexibility and option to work from home. Used to work on a great team at Seasons before AccentCare purchased the company. New team is good as well but just seems like a step down in job responsibilities.

Cons

- AccentCare purchased the company, fired most of my team and left only a couple of us to do the job of 5 or 6 people for months. This happened with many teams based on what I've heard. - Recently had a milestone work anniversary and instead of sending me some kind of thanks they sent me an email asking me to write this review hoping it would be positive and improve their score on this site. - Lost several annual days of PTO during the transition to AccentCare (4 per year) that we got for mental health days at Seasons. - Received a rating of "exceeds expectations" on my annual review. When it came time for merit raises I was told I was lucky I got anything because I was from the Seasons acquisition. I got less than 2%. - Little to no training on new processes and systems after the transition. Was basically told there is no training and to ask someone every time I run into something new. - Was told there was training budget for gaining new broader skills to level up but have yet to be given any information on how to access this or to be directed/encouraged on a path to move up within the company.

4 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0
    Current Employee

Pros

Flexible, pretty good sign-on bonus, kind of make your own schedule. It can be a Pro that you get to drive around and see the sunshine when it is nice weather. You can potentially become close with some patients.

Cons

Lots of charting redundant information on a handheld tablet. I wish the orientation was longer with less workload for the first year. They warn you that it will take 6 to 18 months to feel comfortable. Sometimes driving 30 minutes (or more, when you're on call) in between patients. Having to take call on a rotating schedule on weeknights and weekends. Since it is a heavy Medicare rules and regulations area, every week we are reminded of something we need to do better or start doing. There is a bit of micro-managing since they can see all your start and stop times versus how much time you claimed on the clock. "Why did it take you so much time to do this?" or "Why did you claim overtime when you only got 28 productivity points for the week?"

The People Team

As an organization, we strive for continuous improvement and will take your experience and feedback as an opportunity to improve. Please feel free to reach out to me at Recruiting@accentcare.com if you would like to discuss these issues further.

7. 5.0

Great Company to Work for

Nov 16, 2022 - Home Health RN Case Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Autonomy and flexible schedule. I love this job and the company pays well compared to others. Lots of resources and support.

Cons

Other lazy nurses who don't do their jobs and make my job hard - but once you are seasoned and know how to overcome the lazies, this job is really nice to have a balance life with family and still practice at the top of your career!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Acceptable job

Aug 3, 2022 - Home Health RN Case Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great orientation program. Will take you with no experience. Monthly virtual meetings with my boss, which are a good opportunity to vent or to say what I need help with. You can easily go over productivity, if that's what you're after. There are bonuses available every month or so, fairly easy to get as long as you make or exceed productivity and document on time. That's about the first time I've gotten a bonus as a nurse! Long-term disability insurance, which is lovely!

Cons

Staff turnover seems fairly high. I work with one bad apple, and so far as I can see, management hasn't been able to do anything about her attitude and work ethic, even though she's a travel nurse and patients call me about her, complaining. Not too easy to get in touch with other coworkers. You can email them, with mixed results. Home Care homebase (point care) software... Sigh! I know they dominate the home health software market, but this was not a software designed with charting by exception in mind. Inefficient. Cuts away hours of my life needlessly in documentation. Retirement benefit is available, but at a dismal matching rate. Still, that's an improvement from when they offered 0% match!

The People Team

We truly appreciate your kind words and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! Your comments are noted as we are always looking for ways to improve and retain employees such as yourself.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Finally Supported!!

Oct 4, 2022 - Executive Director in Beaumont, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I truly feel supported and that my managers are invested in my success. I am proof that they prefer to promote from within whenever possible. I have the ability to speak directly with executive management and they know me by name. I now have the symbiotic relationship between sales and operations I never got with previous employers.

Cons

Without a doubt, there has been a lot of change; changes in software programs, policies/procedures, org structure. Despite that, I feel we have developed a more cohesive approach across all locations and service lines and that the difficulties we have experienced were learned from and each iteration of change has become less difficult.

The People Team

We truly appreciate your transparent comments. We are constantly hard at work doing everything we can to deliver high-quality experiences to every one of our team members. Your opinion is valuable to us and helps us shape everything that we do.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Formerly seasons hospice, recently merged into Accentcare

Sep 30, 2022 - LISCENED PRACTICAL NURSE in New Haven, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Since being aqcuired by the company there has been Increased pay and increased staffing that was way overdue. Also with the new leadership and management in our site… to put it lightly.. its a good atmosphere. Youre not dreading to go to the office. (Other than the drive for some of us lol. ) You feel more that your needs are important and your ideas and concerns are actually heard and taken into consideration.

Cons

Not sure yet as the merger fully took place within the past year. But they did get rid of our 4 mental health days a year and didn’t make up for them in accruing pto. (We would accrue 1 every 3 months and have 3 months to use each one)

The People Team

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear you have had such a positive experience. We know change can be difficult and we still have work to do but we are excited for what the future has in store.

11. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great coworkers and patients, not a great company

Nov 17, 2022 - Board Certified Music Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hands off management style Good coworkers Enjoyable day to day work Great amount of PTO

Cons

Takes an extremely long time to fill open positions while relying on current employees to take on extra responsibility without additional compensation No performance based raises Asks employees to donate PTO when someone in the company has a family crisis instead of offering extra PTO at the company's expense

Viewing 1 - 10 of 895 Reviews
</>Embed

AccentCare Reviews FAQs

AccentCare has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 925 reviews left anonymously by employees. 57% of employees would recommend working at AccentCare to a friend and 53% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, AccentCare employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.2 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at AccentCare. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

57% of AccentCare employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated AccentCare 3.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at AccentCare to be career development, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, management, benefits.

Popular Careers with AccentCare Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at AccentCare? Share Your Experiences

AccentCare logo

Affiliated Companies

AccentCare Careers

Cover image for AccentCare

A national leader in home healthcare, with local service delivery AccentCare is headquartered in Dallas, Texas, and is one of the nation's...More

• Why AccentCare?
  • A Day in the Life
  • Benefits

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

Logo

77 days ago

Employee Story
At AccentCare, our team members bring passion and purpose to all we do. We are united in our relentless drive to reimagine care because we want to provide the service we would seek for our own families. Bring your passion, and fulfill your purpose with AccentCare. We want to tell your story next! #MyAccentCarePurpose #AccentCare
Whitney Foster, RN // Nurse Case Manager at AccentCare
vimeo.com

AccentCare Photos

+ Add Photo
AccentCare photo of: 2019 Culture Awards Banquet
AccentCare photo of: AccentCare’s Music Therapist, Majesca Wong, MT-BC, has been promoting and building support for Hospice and Palliative care in Washington DC this week.
AccentCare photo of: It was a beautiful day for a Grand Re-opening yesterday! Our amazing Galveston team celebrated with a luau party. On September 13, 2021, our office location by the gulf seawall was hit by a Hurricane.
AccentCare photo of: The AccentCare Galveston/Lake Jackson, Texas Teams have been busy with their “Reimagine Care Operations Model Kick Off” this week for their region.

Expert Career Advice

Kaiser Permanente

4.0

13,045 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 925 AccentCare reviews submitted anonymously by AccentCare employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if AccentCare is right for you.