Accenture Business and Systems Integration Senior Analyst Reviews | Glassdoor

Accenture Business and Systems Integration Senior Analyst Reviews

Business and Systems Integration Senior Analyst

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Good company especially for young people that have yet to decide what exact career path they want"

Former Employee - Business and Systems Integration Senior Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people that are can be friendly.
    They enjoy recruiting engineering majors.
    Great benefits
    Good company to work for if you are young and have not yet figured out what career path you would like to take.

Cons

Unstable as you don't know how long you be without a project before you are given your two weeks notice

2. "Great Culture, Confusing Organization of the Firm"

Former Employee - Business & Systems Integration Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business & Systems Integration Senior Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the smartest and most motivated people
    The top name in tech consulting and systems integration
    Accenture name and alumni network will open doors

Cons

A lot of red tape when it comes to moving between industries and groups
    Quality of experienced hires is much lower than hires straight out of college
    The performance review process, although they are changing this

Advice to Management

Get rid of the performance review process; it breeds a cutthroat environment
    Make it easier to switch between industries, groups, and functions. I never fully understood the difference between the operating groups, industry alignments, overall divisions of the company, etc.

3. "Great place to start your career"

Current Employee - Business and Systems Integration Senior Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Analyst networks and groups to be a part of
    Great mentor/career counselor program
    Lots of opportunity to learn different skills

Cons

Leadership (esp senior managers in suburbs only some) are a bit hard to please
    Sometimes it isn't easy to get a good mentor

Advice to Management

Give the next generation a chance - We have a lot to learn but learn to be good teachers too.
    Hierarchy is great but it's not promoting us to do better work when you keep shoving it in our face.

"The MOST Dishonest place you can work"

Current Employee - Senior Business and Systems Integration Analyst in Houston, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay and 5 weeks of vacation a year. Also health benefits are out of this world.

Cons

You will be put on projects and be expected to learn a new programming language to mastery in under two weeks along with 5 or 6 different pieces of software.

I have never been so lied to by so many people throughout the corporate structure in all my life. I have been told I was incompetent. I made an ethical call one time and was judged harshly, had 4 managers contact me and each spend about 1 hour deballing me OUTSIDE of work hours, this was a clear case of ethical wrong doing. The only thing that stopped me from losing my job is I can't be replaced. You can be given the work of 2-4 people and are expected to be on time, so expect 80 hour weeks and up to 100 hour weeks if you travel.

You will be lied to in the job interview, you will be lied to in on boarding, you will be lied to about job roles, and you will be lied to by leadership. Everyone will tell you they are trying to help you, when no one really is trying to help you unless you are working with direct friends don't expect help from those around you. (I am a people person and can work with anyone). Everyone will lie to you in this company from the ground up, there are a few good people but out there but they make up about 1% of the company. Do not stay at this company longer than you have to. I make 85k a year out of college and am looking to take a pay cut just to leave this horrible company.

You will have no work life balance, you make a lot but you will have to give up just as much. I lost my long time girlfriend I was going to marry because of this company not being understanding, they will have you fly out to who knows where for sometimes little to no work and when on site while traveling they want you to work 12-15 hour days, don't expect a lunch break. I can go on and on.

PS
    Manager’s exact words to me were “It is not left up to you to make ethical decisions, leave that up to leadership “this statement was doubled down by many other managers during my deballing process. Never have I dealt with a total lack of professionalism. I am a total professional in everything I do and have never been met with such hostility for doing the right thing; I was also told my career was over in the company for making an ethical decision. So if you are ethical this isn't the place for you, they will go the way Anderson consulting did.

Get out while you can, and if you are looking for someplace to work this is not where you want to be.

Advice to Management

Support your team and workers, don't beat them down and stop lying to clients about how experience your very green team is. Be ethical rather than just doing lip service to it.

5. "Nice company/people, Work-life balance could improve"

Current Employee - Business and Systems Integration Senior Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like to travel, you will find many projects that are willing to staff you outside of your area. Compensation and benefits are great. I've had people surprised to hear how much my co-pay is (if I even have one) for doctor appointments and such. The people are great. Most who leave come back because you work with some pretty great people.

Cons

While you accrue tons of PTO, I doubt you'll find time to use. Work-life balance is non-existent. The only time you'll probably get a break is when you're not staffed and depending on the length of your project, that can be years. Promotions are tough. It's not necessarily about how good you are at what you do or how hard you worked. It's more on whether or not your supervisor likes you. The company is also pretty large so you may get lost in the mix.

Advice to Management

Please keep up with your subordinates' performance/goals. Waiting until the last minute makes it tougher when it's time for reviews.

"Focus on Short-term gains will lead to Long-term pain"

Former Employee - Business & Systems Integration Senior Analyst in Bengaluru (India)

I worked at Accenture (More than 3 years)

Pros

Process-orientation and In-built mechanisms to provide for checks and balances in performance assessment and

Cons

1) Yes Boss culture with a lot of Cronyism across all the four divisions (Technology/Consulting/Strategy & Digital)

2) The only goal is to cut as much cost (people & pro-people HR-policies are cost centre now) as can be cut, degrading work environment, diluting quality-standards for deliverables, bringing in shades of dis-honesty both at client and employee level and destroying the high-standards of People-culture Accenture once had.

3) HR division is just for namesake and is just an instrument for coercing the employees in accepting irrational and sometimes un-ethical operational diktats from the bosses.

4) B-School recruits are not given a clear picture about the work-profile (especially when recruited in Technology division as "Business & Systems Integration Analyst/Sr. Analyst") that the would be meted out the same work as any Software Engineering Analyst would be afforded with and that there would hardly be any movement across much aligned divisions.

5) Platinum/Diamond clients are regularly given dishonest understanding of the level of cost that they'd incur via fudged SoWs. Similarly, the resources are given a dishonest view of the role/profile that they'd play in given projects.

Advice to Management

Recruiting top-executives from Indian IT firms would get you some good nos. on your balance-sheet for a short time of 3-5 years but these very people also induce and inculcate the degrading culture of Cronyism in performance delivery and subsequent assessment which would destroy the Accenture brand, at least in India.