Accenture Reviews in Florham Park, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated October 15, 2017

Florham Park, NJ

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Good company to start your career at, lots of flexibility"

Current Employee - Client Financial Management Specialist in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Financial Management Specialist in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Accenture provides great flexibility in terms of working from home, it is also very up to date in technology and providing working tools. Joining Accenture means you are going to learn a lot and start your career in the right direction. People are great and they try hard to make it the center of the company.

Cons

salaries are on the lower side of the industry average, it is very hard to get promoted, the expectations of the people working there are crazy high. So much virtual work makes it difficult to build relationships and make the political moves that would allow career growth and stops innovation due to no having with whom to talk ideas spontaneously.

Advice to Management

Relationship building is getting hard with so much virtual time, after office meetings do not replace day to day relations and people probably want/need to be somewhere else after work.

2. "Good Company - Good People"

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Analyst in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Analyst in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- If you network with the right people, you will be fine!
    - Good sense of community
    - Great company - great learning resources
    - Large investments in training

Cons

- Sometimes luck plays a factor on who you get to work with
    - Recognition comes, but almost not immediately

3. "Leadership is Slashing people for no reason"

Current Employee - SAP CRM Functional Consultant in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - SAP CRM Functional Consultant in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Compensation, benefits and flexible work environment.

Cons

Leadership always gives advise to expand the industry or skills search to find a project as a consultant or as part of Client & Market group. But in really when you apple for a role, hiring manager will no reply to you and if you are lucky enough to get reply, the reply you will get is like "you don't have industry experience". I agree candidate may not have industry experience but candidates has skills and that's what job demand. No person on this planet born with all industry experience, everyone needs opportunity to learn about the industry. Just because Accenture didn't have projects for me and they were not willing to wait as they were paying me while i was on bench, they threaten to me find something or else i have to leave my job. Very rude behavior from HR and leadership.

Advice to Management

Don't think about profit all the time and just for your growth. Think about others, which are below you, who needs opportunity to grow and step up.

4. "Positive yet thankless."

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Florham Park, NJ

Pros

The people, opportunity, working remote.

Cons

Lots of overtime, tough to advance.

Advice to Management

Compensation should align to company's performance.

"Most North America salaries were just frozen"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People mean well, good customer base and opportunities for customer facing people. People are respected for their differences.

Cons

Salaries and bonuses for above manager are now officially a joke. Mgmt really tells a good story about caring for people to The Street but morale is down, attrition is up up and bonuses were slashed to immaterial levels for nearly all people. If you want a good name but will see pay go down over time, then it's worth it at the junior level of your career. No onshore job is safe to move offshore. 20% of people got a raise.

Advice to Management

Pay freeze was painful folks. Reminder it costs shareholders 10k to hire every new person and the client quality issues will continue.

6. "Lot of challenging opportunities"

Current Employee - SAP Manager in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - SAP Manager in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lot of challenging projects and opportunities

Cons

Need to be always on the road (traveling)

7. "One of the best places to kick off a career"

Former Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Florham Park, NJ
    Former Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Florham Park, NJ

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, not cut-throat and back stabbing like in other places. A lot of training and education opportunities, great name on the resume, and you work with top leadership in fortune 500 companies from day 1, and get more experience in 1-2 years, than probably 5 years in a normal industry gig. You also get paid bank right out of college, feel like a baller, traveling around and all that.

Cons

After a few years, they want you to specialize in something, and if it's boring, you're kinda out of luck. Performance reviews can be hit or miss, and that's when politicking can be a factor. Some of the jobs are obviously boring, and they are cutting down on travel now. Switching to another area of expertise can be difficult, through I've seen it be done before. After a few years too, the work/life balance goes away - people brag about how many hours they work to which I say, "Great job buddy, your marriage is about to end, and your kids barely know you, but at least you put in 80 hours this week", people's priorities get messed up after staying there for too long.

8. "I like the company"

Current Employee - Associate Manager in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate Manager in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Working at Accenture has worked for me. I ahve been part of some wonderfully varied projects and that has enabled me to add value to myself while adding to the companies bottom line. I ahve gotten to work with really talented and smart people for the most part. Navigating through the system here can be tricky and I can see why people have the opinions they do, but it has worked for me! I appreciate the support that the company has given me with respect to flexible working hours when I needed it.

Cons

The promotion process can do with some change; salary hikes are very negligible even for high performers. and the bonus- dont even mention it!

Advice to Management

Please be more competitive wrt salaries; It motivates high performing individuals to leave an otherwise perfectly good working opportunity.

9. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Consultant in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Consultant in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People are amazing to work with and furthermore, they are extremely intelligent. You'll learn a lot of different skills and meet the greatest of clients.

Cons

Poor leadership skills for those leading the businesses.

Advice to Management

Promote those who work hard not those you know so well personally.

10. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Architect Consultant in Florham Park, NJ
    Current Employee - Technical Architect Consultant in Florham Park, NJ

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent processes to follow which makes life very easy on a new project.

Cons

Cannot think of any except travelling which is core to my role.

Advice to Management

None

Showing 45 of 28,468 reviews