Accenture Reviews | Glassdoor

Current Employees

1.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be an after thought even though it's talked as top of mind (in 2668 reviews)

• Long working hours but that was to be expected from a consulting firm (in 1339 reviews)

1. "senior software engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

none at the moment. you get free coffee but other than that office politics have taken over any other benefit of working here

Cons

severely underpaid, the culture has gone way down over the past 4 years. lack of benefits, roles, and no new technologies available here. any smart ideas for improving in this area is immediately dismisses

Advice to Management

it would be great if there were actually local developers and local managers working at this office.

2. "Goodness, there isn't much I can say that's completely positive."

Current Employee - Underwriter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The insurance and 401K match. That's about it. Maybe the phone discount? The PTO is pretty decent as well. I wish I had more positive things to say.

Cons

Accenture has gone downhill. Jobs are being eliminated left and right while others are getting the runaround of what's really going on here. Since February, there have been three different layoffs. We have yet to secure any contracts they said they were working on for over a year now. There is no job security unless you kiss management's behind and work with facilities on decorations.

Advice to Management

Get new management. Obviously, something isn't being done if everyone is getting laid off and you're walking around passing out recycled items from people who were let go. Layoffs are no longer a surprise at this point. Also, what was the purpose of spending so much on an Internet cafe that no one uses?

"Not great"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Like the people at ACN

Cons

Work us like dirty dogs

Advice to Management

Be more compassionate

"Loan processor to Team Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Accenture Credit Services (ACS)----Good benefits, decent pay, PTO, intensive training (even though it barely has anything to do with your actual role) . Always have events with free food

Cons

I started ACS a couple years back, hired with no experience through the mortgage academy trainee class. Successfully passed. Was benched for a little while as a team. Company had so many changes and layoffs going on only 3 months after I started. They laid off people and teams who were with the company for 7+ years. Very very High production environment like you've never seen it, (if this will be your first production job be aware) very high stress environment & Everything else. Literally, do not work here until you FULLY do your research. They do constant layoffs. Since Accenture does outsourcing, your contract is client based and at will. No matter what you are successful at, if you do not meet goal they will terminate you within 2 months. They have the worst client in financial services, and your role will be based on compliance with that client. Constant changes, Nothing is stable there. Top/low producers get laid off almost every month. They provide you unattainable goals AND they double every single month making it harder to reach goal and receive bonuses. Management is literally the worst. The most unprofessional I've seen in corporate America thus far. They suck you in at first in the recruitment process like everything is good but once you miss a month of goals they put you on a performance improvement plan with even more unattainable goals then fire you for not meeting them. They only care about numbers and do not care how hard you work or dedicated you are. If you struggle in anything they will let you fall behind and say it's your fault. Also important to note: they call goals a "team effort", nothing is team oriented. It is basically, about 14-18 people sitting together as a pod, and everyones production goals get compared everyday & every month. Then they determine who is at the lower 30%-20% to get laid off. ACS really puts a bad name on Accenture as a company. As I worked my way up in management within 1.5 years I would not recommend this job. I managed a lot of recent college grads and they had a very negative outlook on the company due to their experience. Literally the only pro is working for a good named company but they will treat you bad. Also no upward mobility unless you want to be an under writer but they choose favorites for that anyway regardless if you qualify. But the biggest take away is, all the stress is not worth it at all when your job is always on the line because Accenture often looses contracts with clients. If you thrive in production environments this may be for you. If not please re consider for your best interest. Good luck!

Advice to Management

Be more professional. Focus on bettering employees instead of petty drama. Reinvent your mortgage academy class because it is not effective once actually in role. Don't just hire anyone, make sure they are fully fit for the role. But most importantly let's start at being MORE PROFESSIONAL.

"Low Salary, no bonuses poor Work-Life balance"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I would suggest to go work for Accenture if you just graduated and have zero experience. This way you can learn something and put Accenture name in your resume.

Cons

First of all, almost impossible to get a promotion even if you have a great feedback from your supervisors. They always come up with an explanation why you didn't get a promotion, And then you have to wait for one more year.
    The salary is super low considering the amount of work you have to do. Also most of the time you have to work long nights and weekend without any pay.
    Impossible to do what you prefer, because you literally have to "hunt" for a project, meaning you're looking for a project by yourself and if you didn't find one they will let you go in a month. It's all pretty stressful and most of the time you pick a whatever project in order just to keep a job.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees!

6. "They are crooks in my opinion"

Current Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in West Point, GA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my opinion there were none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none they suck none none none

Cons

In my opinion They don't care if he customer gets their delivery it's a numbers game
    Con game con game con game in my opinion

Advice to Management

Get out of the Floral business. In my opinion you pose as a real florist taking people's money and not knowing for sure what they're going to get in my opinion

"Rollercoaster"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I work with. Not management, but the actual employees in the trenches every single day.

Cons

Low pay, advancement is slow and dictated by who you know, favortism, nepitism, training stinks, getting help is like an act of congress, systems are very shaky and crash regularly, I could go on and on but I have important things to do

Advice to Management

Atmosphere is good but a complete overhaul of policies and procedures is greatly needed

8. "great place for cheap labor"

Current Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Washington, DC
    Current Contractor - Business Systems Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Accenture as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Good for fresh out of college students.

Cons

Their pay rate sucks.

9. "Meh"

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Analyst in Bethesda, MD
    Current Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Analyst in Bethesda, MD

Pros

Good compensation, at times a lot of freedom. Projects wax and wane in terms of when it's busy and when you have more free time. Some of the people here are actually intelligent

Cons

Sexist, racist, homophobic managers. Extremely political in terms of who gets promoted/raises/good projects. A boy's club atmosphere with horrible leadership

10. "Accenture moving away from Quality to Quantity"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Team Lead in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Team Lead in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good work life balance in terms of work hours.
    Get chances to change your career track

Cons

1) Salary hike is usually 20-30% less than industry standard for employees who stay with Accenture for a longer duration.
    2) Dont mind retaining experienced senior folks, can remove from project anytime to replace with juniors so that project managers can show profit and earn share out of it.
    3) Work is usually done by 10% of the team, rest are entry level people just to bill client.

Advice to Management

Accenture was once known for talented pool of engineers and a decent pay for all those, but now its all about money, so least talented folks and lowest salary compared to market.
    Please try to retain experienced deserving employees, or else the company is about to lose all its pride that it has on the wall street now.

Showing 586 of 26,615 reviews