Accenture Reviews | Glassdoor

1,283 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Recruiting"

I have been working at Accenture full-time

Pros

They pay you
    I am leaving the firm because I have a better job offer!

Cons

Terrible Management
    Not at all compliant with EEOC because there process is screwed up
    Leadership does not know what they are doing
    Poor candidate experience
    Terrible /horrible the worst training ever
    Very Political
    The compensation is low in comparison to other consulting companies
    Accenture goes into companies to give consulting advice but cannot run their own departments well?
    Benefits are not great
    Very unstable environment

Advice to Management

Recruiting is the backbone to an organization. This sets the tone for the employees and the candidates that apply or are recruited. The candidate can see the disorganization and recruiters that are not happy. Why would they want to work for such a messed up company if recruiting is so dysfunctional? If you are going to say it is an open door policy - than be it! Don't set employees up for failure if you are going to blackball them for speaking up!

"Recruiting is poor"

Current Employee - Moderator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Moderator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is okay
    They recruit from San Antonio then tell you the position is in Austin?!
    Deceiving deceiving recruiters and disorganized.

Cons

Contractbis for 6 months only
    Recruiter lord and said they only pay $20 then when I arrived there I found people that worked with me somewhere else and were getting paid 25-30 for the same position and responsibilities.
    They left me weeks without any communication then called all the sudden like I spoke with them yesterday.
    Poor recruiting practices, bad communication, and deceiving tactics to get you to accept less pay.

Advice to Management

Be more honest with pay!
    Communicate and answer your email when you're recruiting someone, it makes candidate feel like Accenture is a joke when you don't reply to them for weeks.

3. "Infrastructure Tech Senior Analyst"

Current Employee - Infrastructure Senior Technical Analyst
    Current Employee - Infrastructure Senior Technical Analyst

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Reasonably agile and stable business, fully dedicated areas of focus, decent (though sub-par) benefits, strong governance, and good company values and culture.

Cons

No career path that does not head into management, rock-bottom salary, no understanding of cost of living or means to survive outside of the six-figure glass house, no understanding of how United States government operates and business attempts to dictate to the Government how it needs to operate. Sixteen (16) levels of senior executive/managing director (executives) plus three levels of management and a salaried team lead position verse four plus one levels of 'worker' and contractors.

Advice to Management

Provide career paths for those not interested in management that is not the endless merry-go-round of lateral with no salary increases. Reduce the executive and management bloat. Learn to understand the costs of living and the thresholds for survival in all areas and levels of society. Understand that you do not tell the Government how to do its business - It tells you what it wants and how it is done and you adapt to that.

"Associate Manager"

Current Employee - Associate Manager
    Current Employee - Associate Manager

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Supposedly a good name for your resume. You can filter out all the pointless emails they send you every day.

Cons

It's hard to tell if leadership is incompetent, completely disorganized, or intentionally lying. They make promises to clients they can't cash, are package non-announcements as "innovative" ideas. They are good at promoting themselves and their "tools" but there's nothing to back it up. Also you have never attended so many meetings in your life. And not a one of them have had a legitimate purpose.

Advice to Management

Actively listen and engage your employees rather than downplay their experiences because it doesn't match yours (particularly when you live in your own world - of course it won't match their experience). Focus on delivering not just meeting to cover up for your lack of experience.

"senior software engineer"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

none at the moment. you get free coffee but other than that office politics have taken over any other benefit of working here

Cons

severely underpaid, the culture has gone way down over the past 4 years. lack of benefits, roles, and no new technologies available here. any smart ideas for improving in this area is immediately dismisses

Advice to Management

it would be great if there were actually local developers and local managers working at this office.

"Buyer/Expeditor"

Former Employee - Buyer/Expeditor in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Buyer/Expeditor in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It is a good place for those who need some experience or are ready to retire. The organization as a whole does some very interesting and good work; however, opportunities are very limited, if available, at this distribution center.

Cons

As a third party the work is very passive and information is only received when it is important to the client for the work to get placed. Most of the work is "busy" work, rather than "productive" work.

Advice to Management

Use your people and the knowledge they have.

7. "Poor communicators"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at Accenture as a contractor

Pros

Big company that does stuff

Cons

Horrible leadership, people are seen as expendable, uniqueness is not rewarded.

Advice to Management

Get over yourselves. Global lead of emerging tech used to be a good guy but now thinks he's above respect and common courtesy.

"Sales associate"

Pros

None that I can think of

Cons

An absolute terrible company all around

"They are working to destroy our careers"

I have been working at Accenture full-time

Pros

If you get the right project, it can be easy and you can _train yourself_ on skills you need. If you get the right manager, you might get classroom training.

Cons

My experience is that they reward managers who violate H1B visa laws [skirt them at least], who employ wage-theft, and who punish high performers because they cost too much [too much is not anywhere near industry standard salaries]. Part of the reason industry standard salaries are decreasing is because of H1B visa abuses of firms like Accenture. Look up stats on who brings in the most H1B visa holders, and you'll see the people who are decreasing the salary potential of America's best and brightest. H1B abuse and wage theft are real things. I see them on a daily basis as an employee of Accenture.

In addition, promotions and wage increases become increasingly difficult to obtain, even for top performers. This is because, as I've heard from management, we're competing with firms from other countries who don't compensate their employees fairly. In a sense, Accenture is contributing to that problem, bringing that problem into America and making America like those countries, by engaging those firms on their own terms. Somebody has to say no sometime, and Accenture seems all too happy to erode our work base coming from college and salary potential at the same time by engaging in the same practices as the firms they are competing with in a race to the bottom.

They have a set of corporate values they ignore when managers abuse employees. Those managers get promotions and stay in place, even with serious charges leveled against them from multiple employees.

They lie about roles, don't provide adequate information or agency for folks to choose roles, and lie about staffing capabilities. They lie about the terms of your job and they act like something is wrong with you if you expect them to live up to the promises made on employment.

Advice to Management

Resign in disgrace, most of you, and let folks move up who care about the American worker enough to stand up for him or her. Some of you are well-meaning enough, though complicit, but some of you are downright sociopathic in your pursuit of screwing over employees.

"Employees are expendible"

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some of the people from other countries are nice. Other than that, nothing worth mentioning.

Cons

I've been asked, more times than not, to work insane OT hours, without OT pay. I was told not to charge OT because they wanted to "stay within their budget." There's a lot of favoritism. Some people are loaded down with work that they perform excellently on, yet are given very poor reviews. Other team members are given little work and raving reviews. If you have health issues or a family or anything outside of Accenture, you can kiss it goodbye. I ended up having severe health issues due to the stress and mistreatment - and I'm not alone. If you value your health, happiness and sanity, stay far away from this company!!!!

Advice to Management

Take care of your people! You have extremely smart people that start working here; however, you're driving them away or even killing them mentally, emotionally and physically.

Showing 1,283 of 29,157 reviews