Accenture Reviews | Glassdoor

1,183 reviews

1,183 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be an after thought even though it's talked as top of mind (in 2668 reviews)

• Long working hours but that was to be expected from a consulting firm (in 1339 reviews)

"Worst work culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

You may get opportunities if you land up in a good project

Cons

Senior Management - especially SMs and their so called MDs..worst of the lot.
    highly highly political environment, shamelessly playing dirty politics'.
    Favoritism, internal politics, interna nexus, worst work culture

Advice to Management

Empower your HR to do at least something

"Manager: Very rank and file, so manager is a manager and most importantly respect upper ranks"

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to network into another company. If starting as a junior select, you can put in the hours make the cuts and have a good strong experience set to sell when done in 5-10 years.

Cons

Administration becomes less trustful the higher it goes in the organization. The business is just as good at making money off of you and your benefits as they are off of the clients.

Advice to Management

The market will be the only teacher they will listen to and that will mean a huge correction and scandal.

3. "Ethically challenged"

Former Contractor - Product Owner
    Former Contractor - Product Owner

I worked at Accenture as a contractor

Pros

Diverse and interesting co-workers. They pay was fairly good and the structure was both agile and effective.

Cons

So many, it's hard to list. But they are not an ethical company. They win engagements then set their employees up for failure while deflecting blame.

"Strangest place ever. All aboard the struggle bus"

Former Contractor - Designer in Austin, TX
    Former Contractor - Designer in Austin, TX

I worked at Accenture as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The work itself is engaging and wonderful. The higher ups are amazing to work with. Vet smart people. Highly educated individuals. But they really struggle!!

Cons

Contractors are strung along with promises of employment. Collaborative environment slows production and efficiency to a snails pace but they insist on collaboration at every turn even with a looming hard deadlines. Severe lack of leadership skills. They do rapid hire just to get people started in work without careful consideration of how to build a team. Most of their work is done in India. Get ready to be teased about characteristics you cannot control. Leadership brings personal baggage I work and plays favorites depending on her mood. Absolutely zero recognition for an individual. Leadership refuses to implement solid solutions for productivity, efficiency, and communication. Very stuck in their ways. Horrible company would never go back.

Advice to Management

The list is too long and I refuse to give away my secrets for free. I worked for their competition for years and they refuse to even listen to my advice. Unbelievable!

5. "Work Hard. Don't Advance."

I have been working at Accenture full-time

Pros

Great projects. Great clients. Lots of travel.

Cons

Although they eliminated their performance model, you are ranked against your peers not just on projects but across the firm. Those that are promoted are those that work 60 hours plus / week, travel, and do the so-called "plus one" - no work/life balance at all.

6. "Get what you need out of it and leave"

I have been working at Accenture full-time

Pros

It's a pretty okay launching pad to other opportunities if you can get on some okay projects without getting trapped into something you hate

Cons

Not a single care to incoming and new hires to train and integrate them. You are thrown into a pit blindfolded and expected to find projects on your own and figure out how to please managers/clients in a frenzy. There typically haven't been project opportunities many in the past years as MDs don't sell enough projects.

7. "Toxic Work environment"

Former Contractor - Management Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Contractor - Management Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Accenture as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Honestly, I do not recommend this place unless you are in debt from student loans. Poor work-life balance, lack of communication with direct managers makes it impossible to receive guidance.

Cons

Very self-reliant culture, isolated. It appears as though no one really wants to be there. Low pay based on industry standards (other firms pay more). And if you are trying to innovate, you may have more success at a start-up. They are also under a lot of pressure right now as business they are not creating new business but trying to take business from others.

Advice to Management

Good luck!

8. "They are crooks in my opinion"

Current Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in West Point, GA
    Current Employee - Assistant Marketing Manager in West Point, GA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In my opinion there were none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none none they suck none none none

Cons

In my opinion They don't care if he customer gets their delivery it's a numbers game
    Con game con game con game in my opinion

Advice to Management

Get out of the Floral business. In my opinion you pose as a real florist taking people's money and not knowing for sure what they're going to get in my opinion

"Rollercoaster"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I work with. Not management, but the actual employees in the trenches every single day.

Cons

Low pay, advancement is slow and dictated by who you know, favortism, nepitism, training stinks, getting help is like an act of congress, systems are very shaky and crash regularly, I could go on and on but I have important things to do

Advice to Management

Atmosphere is good but a complete overhaul of policies and procedures is greatly needed

10. "Accenture - Austin Location Review"

Former Employee - Reception in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Reception in Austin, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office location, and the few people who work in the office (a lot of people come and go)

Cons

Management, and career opportunities to advance for those without a degree.

Advice to Management

If something is brought to your attention, look into it, and take action. The behavior from some of your supervisors to their subordinates is awful!

Showing 1,183 of 26,652 reviews