Accenture Reviews | Glassdoor

22,907 Employee Reviews

1. "Decent company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

the family feel of the company

Cons

the amount of time we have to work

Advice to Management

none

"Smarts, hard work and dedication will be rewarded... eventually."

Current Employee - Level A - Services Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Level A - Services Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

I've been with Accenture for more than 14 years. I have been able to adjust my roles and time commitments to allow me to meet my personal needs as they have evolved over the years. Accenture has been a great training ground and I work with highly motivated, smart people. Accenture has returned to me what I have given it. My hard work and dedication have been rewarded through flexibility, compensation and personal recognition. The rewards did not always come as quickly as I wanted, but they have come through.

Cons

Expectations are very high. If you're not smart and hard working, do not apply. Accenture is a place that expects you to be able to help yourself. There's not a lot of handholding... you can get help, but you have to ask. No one is going to spoon feed you.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to support flexibility and alternate work arrangements.

3. "A great place to work!"

Former Employee - Senior Executive in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Executive in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Variety of Opportunity
    Ability to learn from pros
    Chance to make a significant contribution to a number of businesses
    Rewards are consistent with results

Cons

Life as a consultant can be stressful
    Travel

Advice to Management

Give lower level folks as much responsibility as possible; teach them the Accenture business model

"There is such a thing as work/life balance."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

I've been assigned to work with a great client which makes all the difference. Accenture BPO HR Services, and the client, are very focused on work/life balance, open communication and recognition. It's fun to go to work.

Cons

The downside is that BPO HR Services operates a little differently from Accenture Consulting. I'm focused on one client only and I rarely get exposed to other Accenture employees outside of my team. Accenture will have community meetings and socials but even there I find that people stick to who they know.

Advice to Management

Continue to maintain open communication about the company and the client.

6. "Accenture a great place to work and start a career."

Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Accenture is extremely well run from the highest levels on down.

Cons

Long hours... primarily technology focused work...

Advice to Management

n/a

7. "Great people and a culture which supports work-life balance."

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Chicago, IL

Pros

Flexible work schedules and a culture that supports work-life balance. The internal organization in particular has well-established work-at-home and flex time programs.

The culture also promotes unselfish sharing of information and past lessons-learned.

Support for on-going training is good, though it has been curtailed noticeably in the last few years.

Cons

Internal organization gets bogged down by its own size and dispersed management clusters. Getting approval to implement new/creative ideas is a great chore that involves layers and layers of approvals. Probably not unique to Accenture, but for sure, Accenture is not immune to this big company downside.

Support for continuing education (e.g. advanced degrees) is minimal.

Advice to Management

A program or mechanism to field and vet new ideas for improvements (process improvements, but also ideas for new service offerings, technology to adopt internally, etc.)

8. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - First Year Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - First Year Consultant in Boston, MA

Pros

Young Crowd, Very Diverse Work, Never Boring, you can put anyone in a team together and ensure a good fit

Cons

Pay is slighlty lower than competitors, no graduate level reimbusment

Advice to Management

NA

9. "Accenture great place to launch a career"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

Potential to rapidly grow in your career

Cons

A lot of travel for most projects

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Accenture...A Great Place to Start Your Career."

Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Accenture is a great place for those who want to feel challenged every day. There is rarely a day where I am not pushed out of my comfort zone and learning something new. I feel like I have matured professionally at 3x the rate of my peers who are working in the corporate world.

Cons

If you don't like a changing environment or you don't like to travel, then Accenture is not the place for your.

Advice to Management

I would re-empahsize the core values are not just written but to be lived at Accenture to the increasing number of experience hires that have become part of Accenture. Some of these experienced hires don't understand that at Accenture, just becuase our competitors act in the gray area of ethics, we do not. They also lose sight of the fact that people are our most important asset and that their professional development and desires must be balanced with business need. This is still a minority within Accenture, but it is one that has the potential to push our culture in a direction that will make us no better a place to work than our competitors.

"Good place to start off a career"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great company. Great People. The company culture is great and friendly. You have opportunities. The culture is high performance, but not high maintenance. There are Merit-based promotions and rewards and you have opportunities to work in every industry and across all aspects of business. It is a very large company. With offices in more than 150 cities across 49 countries, and employing over 178,000 people, you really have an opportunity to travel if you want to. In fact, for most business analysts traveling is a huge part of the job.

Cons

It is a very large company that can sometimes be a hindrance to personal development.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I couldn't be happier with my management staff.

Showing 22,907 of 23,651 reviews