Accenture Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 28, 2017
1,092 reviews

1,092 Employee Reviews

Pros
Cons
  • Work life balance can be an after thought even though it's talked as top of mind (in 2552 reviews)

• long working hours might be a disadventage (in 1261 reviews)

1. "Analyst"

Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learning tools, benefits, project options

Cons

Worst Management, rating process and HR processes.

Advice to Management

Don't give bad ratings to good employees for someone else mistake

"Stay away"

Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Katy, TX
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Katy, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay is good but not worth the cons.

Cons

The company says they regard themselves as one of the most ethical companies, however, I have witnessed very unethical decisions be made. Back stabbing to get to the managing director position. Horrible on-boarding and on-going experience for new hires. Us vs. them mentality. 75% turn over rate for experienced hires.

Advice to Management

Fix you cultural and ethics problems.

"Most abusive place I have ever worked"

Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Austin, TX

Pros

There are no pros at Accenture.

Cons

Managers were verbally abusive (shouting, name calling) and at times physically abusive. Accenture staff/managers were fundamentally dishonest and gossip was a daily occurrence. Most of all the staff is low class and dumb. Not one of the people I worked with (high level analysts) had a degree from an accredited school. They were former secretaries who were so desperate that they would do anything for a pay check. Do Not Work at Accenture if you have any self esteem.

Advice to Management

No advice would help this company.

5. "Support Consultant"

Former Employee - Support Consultant in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Support Consultant in New York, NY

I worked at Accenture (More than 3 years)

Pros

Okay Pay... And some benefits... that's the only good thing...

Cons

You will be always moving to different companies and you will never get treated as a full time employee at any client. The top managers only care about themselves and their growth, no one else matters. You are a ROBOT! Not a human working for Accenture. If you are willing to be a robot and never get a chance to express your feelings, go ahead and work for them, my advice is to head the road, waist of time and energy.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees that get treated like scum at client sites and have some feelings.

6. "Terrible experience, the company does not know how to treat employees or give them proper support"

Former Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Analyst in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Analyst in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A good paycheck and ample vacation time masks the truly poor experience you will receive from this company

Cons

They are too concerned about trying to give a quick turnaround time to any project or task to give employees proper support or training, which ends up severely hurting the employee. They need to give the same kind of attention to their employees as they do to their clients.

Advice to Management

Give your employees more respect, support and training so that they can actually have a successful career. I've never seen another company that gives such poor support to their employees. Getting the runaround on things related to your job should not be an issue at a company but it's a huge issue here.

"Arrogant Management; Dead End Jobs"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This job enables its employees to pay for food and shelter.

Cons

Accenture violates the union organizing rights of its employees by removing their union material from break rooms. I had to file a National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) charge against Accenture. Despite this charge, Accenture management still removes this union material. Accenture leaders act as if they are above the law.

Accenture promised market relevant pay, but it has not delivered. I even researched market relevant pay and reported it to the management; they just made excuses.

Accenture management is arrogant. Accenture management pats themselves on their backs for allowing an occasional meet and greet session. But during these sessions, they do not listen to you and make you feel like your views are invalid. The top of the top are insulated from us, but when you try to tell them what you see (things they can't see) they rebuke you.

Accenture calls itself a meritocracy, yet it promotes slackers more than the diligent and it pays slackers more than the diligent.

Our low level positions are dead end, monotonous, and meaningless. They don't really care about promotions as they need hundreds of people to fill these dead end, monotonous, meaningless jobs.

Advice to Management

Read the book "The Servant" by James R. Hunter. Furthermore, follow labor laws.

8. "SE at Accenture"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Accenture (More than a year)

Pros

Several Projects are available and they give a chance to freshers.

Cons

Not all projects are good and you have to be lucky to get a good one.
    The management and HR work together and can extort an employee.
    Very low pay.

"Not the company it once was. Interns Beware!!"

Current Employee - Software Engineering Team Lead in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Team Lead in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Accenture full-time

Pros

There are Pros over my 8 year work experience. These are gradually reducing as the company is growing.
    -Works with Fortune 100 companies, hence great experience and opportunities to work with worlds leading companies.
    - Excellent international travel opportunities
    - Technology once was its forte. It was a great place to learn.

Cons

When it comes growth, its been a case of " Give the bear honey on a stick, he will want the jar"
    After a few years of unrealistic growth, unrealistic growth has become the general expectation.
     - You are forced to do sales even if you are a technology guy. The performance reviews are based on how much business you get (irrespective of your level), not how well you do in your field of expertise. There is a reason why people choose a certain career, they seem to not understand that. Everything is sales.
    - Compensation is deplorable. Perks are below industry standard. When I look outside I have no clue why I am still here
     - International travel used to be a boon, now is a complete bane. They have too many people travelling and the department that manages your visas, Green cards(for USA) is one of the worst i have ever seen. I come from a country where government offices were once dreaded for their lethargy, now compared to what I see in Accenture those feel like a breeze. Here is the funny thing, that department is called People Mobility Solutions Department i.e. PMS-D (pun anyone). They will make sure you experience all sorts of cramps and pains when dealing with them. That D was definitely an after thought.

After 8 years of working with them, I am ready to get the hell out of here. But wait I can't, they have put me in such a situation with my Green Card application that I am stuck. I can't even do anything.

So think twice if you are joining Accenture. This is what the company is now, not what it once was and what its reputation dictates

Advice to Management

Growth is great but I will tell you something expertise outside is Sales is necessary.
    No one will eat your food if your secret sauce is all Ketchup.

10. "Great if you want to relocate every few months"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Glendale, CA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Glendale, CA

I worked at Accenture (More than a year)

Pros

Great learning experience and gain insight into different industries

Cons

Accenture has started a no travel business model which results in employees not being able to relocate to different states being laid off/terminated. Additionally, there is little direction in terms of finding a project and you are pretty much left begging to be put on project and are forced to relocate or face termination.

"Too many analysts on the bench because not enough strategy projects sold. They're laying people off across all levels."

Current Employee - Strategy Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Strategy Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Accenture full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Experience, competitive compensation, and brand on resume. If you have a good group of people that will help you grow, your set.

Cons

Company is too big
    Easy to get lost
    You need someone to advocate for you
    Lack of strategy projects makes environment hyper competitive
    Management lies and does not have your best interests at heart

Advice to Management

Please tell the truth and be more lenient on new analysts. It's not their fault that work is not selling so they should not be punished.

Showing 1,092 of 24,954 reviews