Accenture Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Application Architecture Specialist"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Austin, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Opportunity to learn with different clients.

Cons

1. Really low salaries.
    2. Very bad culture and no work life balance.
    3. Lack of vision at the leadership level.
    4. Too much of middle management and hierarchical approach.

Advice to Management

This is no more the Accenture that i had joined 7 years back. Culture has deteriorated rapidly and the intent of doing something good for the clients have decreased tremendously. Salaries are being reduced and people are being forced to work extra hours with no overtime. Overall it's a disaster. It's imperative that you learn from your competition that taking care of your employees is quintessential for your success. The day is not far when all other competing firms will rout your sales because your leadership doesn't have a vision.

"Goodness, there isn't much I can say that's completely positive."

Current Employee - Underwriter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Underwriter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The insurance and 401K match. That's about it. Maybe the phone discount? The PTO is pretty decent as well. I wish I had more positive things to say.

Cons

Accenture has gone downhill. Jobs are being eliminated left and right while others are getting the runaround of what's really going on here. Since February, there have been three different layoffs. We have yet to secure any contracts they said they were working on for over a year now. There is no job security unless you kiss management's behind and work with facilities on decorations.

Advice to Management

Get new management. Obviously, something isn't being done if everyone is getting laid off and you're walking around passing out recycled items from people who were let go. Layoffs are no longer a surprise at this point. Also, what was the purpose of spending so much on an Internet cafe that no one uses?

"Java Developer"

Former Employee - Java Developer in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Java Developer in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits and healthcare. If you are going to have a kid that's pretty nice and overall good healthcare. They will give you a lot of hours.

Cons

Pay pay pay. Lack of promotion opportunities. Terrible bonus program. HR could care less. If you absolutely can't get a job anywhere else then maybe work here. No one stays more than year. Or at least you shouldn't.

Advice to Management

Fight for raises. Pay people what they are worth. Allow working remotely the office is outdated. If someone has concerns about projects hear them out.

"Not great"

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Like the people at ACN

Cons

Work us like dirty dogs

Advice to Management

Be more compassionate

5. "Contract Recruiters Beware!!!!!"

Former Contractor - Contract Recruiter in Tampa, FL
    Former Contractor - Contract Recruiter in Tampa, FL

I worked at Accenture as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home
    No micro management

Cons

Very inconsistent demand, they will go from having 20 openings to 0 in a matter of days
    They can and will take money away from you as a contractor without warning and you will never be able to get it back
    They will lay you off at any time without notice
    You will be ignored when you ask to convert permanent or get an hourly raise no longer how long you have been there
    You are absolutely not valued as a contract employee

6. "BA"

I worked at Accenture full-time

Pros

Very good company in terms of culture

Cons

Very bad management and no career opportunities

Advice to Management

improve management

"Loan processor to Team Leader"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Accenture Credit Services (ACS)----Good benefits, decent pay, PTO, intensive training (even though it barely has anything to do with your actual role) . Always have events with free food

Cons

I started ACS a couple years back, hired with no experience through the mortgage academy trainee class. Successfully passed. Was benched for a little while as a team. Company had so many changes and layoffs going on only 3 months after I started. They laid off people and teams who were with the company for 7+ years. Very very High production environment like you've never seen it, (if this will be your first production job be aware) very high stress environment & Everything else. Literally, do not work here until you FULLY do your research. They do constant layoffs. Since Accenture does outsourcing, your contract is client based and at will. No matter what you are successful at, if you do not meet goal they will terminate you within 2 months. They have the worst client in financial services, and your role will be based on compliance with that client. Constant changes, Nothing is stable there. Top/low producers get laid off almost every month. They provide you unattainable goals AND they double every single month making it harder to reach goal and receive bonuses. Management is literally the worst. The most unprofessional I've seen in corporate America thus far. They suck you in at first in the recruitment process like everything is good but once you miss a month of goals they put you on a performance improvement plan with even more unattainable goals then fire you for not meeting them. They only care about numbers and do not care how hard you work or dedicated you are. If you struggle in anything they will let you fall behind and say it's your fault. Also important to note: they call goals a "team effort", nothing is team oriented. It is basically, about 14-18 people sitting together as a pod, and everyones production goals get compared everyday & every month. Then they determine who is at the lower 30%-20% to get laid off. ACS really puts a bad name on Accenture as a company. As I worked my way up in management within 1.5 years I would not recommend this job. I managed a lot of recent college grads and they had a very negative outlook on the company due to their experience. Literally the only pro is working for a good named company but they will treat you bad. Also no upward mobility unless you want to be an under writer but they choose favorites for that anyway regardless if you qualify. But the biggest take away is, all the stress is not worth it at all when your job is always on the line because Accenture often looses contracts with clients. If you thrive in production environments this may be for you. If not please re consider for your best interest. Good luck!

Advice to Management

Be more professional. Focus on bettering employees instead of petty drama. Reinvent your mortgage academy class because it is not effective once actually in role. Don't just hire anyone, make sure they are fully fit for the role. But most importantly let's start at being MORE PROFESSIONAL.

8. "Is all consulting like this?"

Current Employee - Senior Strategy Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Strategy Consultant

I have been working at Accenture full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Focus on training, availability of resources (SMAs, assets, etc.), some of the people (mostly at lower levels - consultants and managers). Ability to work on BD and thought leadership.

Cons

Senior management's lack of integrity. Anything to sell more work, whether or not the client needs it. They will tell you how to get around policies. They will take advantage of you by promising promotions and pay increases to get you to work extra hours and do work outside what you're asked to do.

Career development. If I stay here, all of the skills I will gain is:
    - how to work an overly bureaucratic system
    - how to be a jerk to people based on what little information I have available
    - how to exploit lower level employees ambition to dump too much work on them

Advice to Management

It's difficult to sell shared services to clients when they're done so poorly by Accenture.

"Bad Company to Work For"

Pros

No Pros, worst place to work

Cons

Politics and BS, that is all it is

Advice to Management

Find a new job

10. "Strict & Seem to always be looking for the cheap way out"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Accenture as a contractor

Pros

A few rare employees they hire are great.

Cons

Very strict work environment - feels very uptight. Seems like they try to cut corners wherever possible.

Showing 1,311 of 29,766 reviews