Accenture Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

28,169 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Good place to start off a career"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Great company. Great People. The company culture is great and friendly. You have opportunities. The culture is high performance, but not high maintenance. There are Merit-based promotions and rewards and you have opportunities to work in every industry and across all aspects of business. It is a very large company. With offices in more than 150 cities across 49 countries, and employing over 178,000 people, you really have an opportunity to travel if you want to. In fact, for most business analysts traveling is a huge part of the job.

Cons

It is a very large company that can sometimes be a hindrance to personal development.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! I couldn't be happier with my management staff.

2. "Great place to work."

Current Employee - Business Analyst
    Current Employee - Business Analyst

Pros

The people. Benefits are great, flexibility, they really are into work/life balance.

Cons

Really...there are none. It's a great company to work for. I think the salary is average...it'd be nice to be a little higher.

Advice to Management

I think they do a good job overall.

"The people are great to work with"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

The people at Accenture are great to work with. They are incredibly smart, outgoing, and eager to work in teams to get the job done. A huge perk at Accenture - 5 weeks vacation, and since you generally have to travel, rental cars, hotels, and tickets are paid for. The company is big and diverse enough where one can really pursue their interests. Management is generally very accommodating to cater to your interests as long as you let them be known. Generally, workdays are 8 - 10 hours, and, if you're traveling, you can work from home on Friday. Personally, I have never had a problem taking vacation as long as advanced notice is given.

Cons

Accenture has roughly 180,000 employees. That's a pretty big company, and if you're not outspoken enough, you can easily get lost in the shuffle. I have had times where I have had to fight to get the project that I wanted, but again, as long as you keep your interests at the front of your staffers attention, you should be fine. Although Accenture claims to promote people purely by merit, I feel that it is very difficult to get promoted early unless you know the right people and have a little luck on your side. Salary is a bit below par.

Advice to Management

Provide more personalized, honest and regular feedback

4. "Accenture is a great place to work in terms of work/life balance"

Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Analyst in New York, NY

Pros

-Accenture has a great work / life balance that is respected.
    -Senior women at Accenture are superior, other firms should learn from them.
    -Respected as an individual not matter what your level is
    -Respectful of your vacation time, family commitments and other reasons you may be out of the office.
    -Very organized and structured

Cons

-Very technology focused, which is not always a bad thing. It just depends on what you are looking for.
    -Possibility of getting stuck on a project for way too long and then getting extended over and over again.
    -Very hard to move industry groups, but possible if you work really hard at it.

Advice to Management

Give employees more options as to what project they would like to work on and how long they would like project to be in length

5. "10 years at Accenture"

Current Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Technology Consulting Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

Pros

opportunity to travel, good pay and benefits

Cons

intense work on some projects

Advice to Management

Allow more movement between work groups

6. "Accenture Growth for both you career and yourself"

Current Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Systems Integration Consultant in Seattle, WA

Pros

Accenture is the place to go to start a career. They invest heavily in their individuals and work to get them up to speed through training and mentoring and career counseling. They build value in you so you are a value to clients.

Cons

As an enormous public company, we are prone to laws and regulations and oversight groups, but they are good because we stay in compliance and out of trouble as a corporation. My office location is small so we have a great community, other large cities are so big its hard to know anyone in your local area, especially if you're a traveling consultant. I do find that our management people who want to move up in ranks end up focused on sales more than delivery and will sell work w/o thought of the consequences of their current people or future project integrity

Advice to Management

Selling moves you up, but remember your people on the ground need your time and assistance. Don't go selling big projects to get the promotion and then, if project fail down the road, all those staffed individuals are stuck looking for new work. Stick with company core values of stewardship and Integrity

7. "Proven leadership and very motivational leader."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Pros

The people in this place are amazingly talented.

Cons

Travel gets a bit stressful after a while.

Advice to Management

Continue to shape and plan for the future.

8. "Great place to start career"

Current Employee - Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Software Engineer

Pros

-Work with great people
    -Get a lot of experience quickly
    -Many opportunities to move up
    -Opportunities to work with offshore teams
    -25 days PTO

Cons

-Long hours
    -Working with offshore can mean working when they're working

Advice to Management

Focus on work/life balance. Being part of a "global organization" shouldn't mean employees must sacrifice normal business hours.

9. "I'd go back to Accenture immediately"

Current Employee - Configuration Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Configuration Manager in Austin, TX

Pros

Accenture employees have a large range of knowledge and are happy to share it in order to get the job done. I gained more experience / knowledge in my 2 yrs with Accenture than any other time in my career.

Cons

When the project is tough, you will work the hours. On the project I was on, we worked 70 hrs a week for 2 yrs. Not for someone with a family or priorities other than career.

Advice to Management

Overall very happy with the company. There were times management was too busy getting the job done so some lower level members felt excluded.

"Great place to gain experience on big businesses"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Houston, TX

Pros

1- Great culture
    2- Clear carrer path
    3- Benefits and salary

Cons

- Long working hours
    - Some times inexperienced management
    - Cut and dry projects

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Showing 28,169 of 29,202 reviews