Accenture Reviews in United States | Glassdoor

Accenture US Reviews

United States

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Consultant at Accenture"

Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

The best technical talent works for Accenture. Despite what they tell you at interview, Accenture comprises of techies or people who are slowly learning to be techies to advance their career in Accenture. Even the senior management is very technical and there is a very strong focus on performance. The fact that even management is technical savvy helps during tough projects.

Cons

Due to everyone being a techie, one is forced to become more and more technical very quickly.Functional folks are strongly urged to learn programming and those who don't do that quickly are marked as "bad performers".

Advice to Management

Better salaries for consulting folks who spend a lot of time outside their homes. It is really surprising that Accenture consulting salaries are the lowest amongst the big-5 consulting firms. They don't distinguish much between consulting and solutions (no travel) workforce salaries.

2. "Great company, lots to offer the talented people, as long as you have the energy to keep charging ahead"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

1) Maximum flexibility in my job - I am able to work at home or at Accenture's offices around the bay area.
    2) Great people - i have found my colleagues to be very committed to helping us grow as a company.
    3) Great training opportunities - hundreds of online courses that we can take anytime, and many live courses that help us develop new skills.
    4) Once you have been there a few years and people get a sense of what you can do, opportunities abound.

Cons

1) We are a huge company - 180,000 - and you need strong communication capabilities to get noticed.
    2) You have to be a bit pushy to compete with all the Type A personalities in Accenture.

Advice to Management

Continue to reach out to the local organizations, and make sure you dedicate some time to meet people in the far flung locations (like San Francisco and Los Angeles).

3. "Good place to be associated with, if you can tolerate the work environment."

Former Employee - Level C in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Level C in Reston, VA

Pros

Accenture apparently has a great reputation for hiring the best people. I'm not sure how this is perceived throughout varying industries. However, the Accenture name is well-known, possibly due to one of their major endorsements.

Cons

The biggest downside to working at Accenture was the lack of training for inexperienced managers and leaders. There was little focus in this area and as a result, a lot of people get really unfair treatment.

Advice to Management

I would really encourage management to focus on training and development of talent. Although there are a lot of smart people within the organization, people skills seem to be lacking, throughout.

4. "High Performance"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Analyst in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Excellent career growth
    Technically strong people
    Amazing leadership

Cons

Too big a company so you have to strive really really hard to make your work noticeable to Sr. Mgmt
    Since it is such a big company you will notice people who are not competent being promoted to your peers or above.

Advice to Management

Bill Green's strategic vision needs to be pushed down to every single people in the project or unit.
    Training is very important for the current work and employee's satisfaction so 2 weeks of mandatory training must be enforced.
    Class room or vendor based trainings must be provided for employees who are interested.

5. "NYC Consultant"

Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Consultant in New York, NY

Pros

Good Career Opportunities. Great recognition in the industry

Cons

Management is hit or miss. Some are great, some are disappointing

Advice to Management

6. "Great company to work"

Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Southfield, MI
    Current Employee - Management Consulting Manager in Southfield, MI

Pros

Smart driven people; quick advancement; great benefits; lots and lots of training; ability to change type of work easily; travel opportunities.

Everyone gets 5 weeks of paid vacation from the start. Analysts get 5 weeks of training before they start at the client and there is continous training opportunities. Most of the folks in the company are very dedicated to solving client's problems.

Excellent career growth opportunities. Most projects will give you the opportunity to really stretch to develop new set of skills and confidence which is hard to get at most other places.

Management really cares for the people and wants them to suceed

Cons

Pay -- Doesnt pay as well until manager rank is reached

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

7. "Bill is charismatic, and uses his team of advisors well."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

Pros

The people. Many companies claim to care for their people, and claim to be supportive of work/life balanace. Accenture actually does. Employees are encouraged to use their (very generous) Paid Time Off, and other benefits.

Cons

If you want to be a "big fish in a small pond," Accenture is not the place for you. We are truly Global - so even the big fish, are minnows. Accenture does an amazing job managing a global corporate culture and identity - the cost to employees is that annual rewards may seem to be dilluted because the pool sharing the rewards is very big.

Advice to Management

I would remind our senior management that they make the decisions regarding the company goals that annual rewards are based on - not the workforce... and yet they continue to earn compensatory rewards while the general workforce is informed that we won't because of falling short of corporate goals. In some of our groups, this has happened for 3 or more consecutive years.

"Might look good on a resume, but if you have options, exercise them."

Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Denver, CO

Pros

Opportunities to work from home for 3 out of 5 days.

Cons

For the amount of work expected, it was a complete rip-off. Contract employees especially get the shaft, which is fairly typical in a corporate environment. However, the contractors I knew were making about 15K less at Accenture than they would at similar companies doing similar things. That was also without benefits. Full-time/regular employees can only go so far before they hit a ceiling on their salary. It doesn't matter how competent you are. If you get the misfortune of being on a certain team and having a certain manager, you were pretty much screwed. I was often also overwhelmed by useless conference calls and meetings with managers that were designed solely to provide the appearance of an open door. Meanwhile, managers repeatedly shifted the buck and avoided solving real issues that desperately affected our clients. My co-workers were competent and did a lot of work. However, the management encouraged a lot of secrecy and backbiting behavior that ultimately led to internal issues within my team and two people leaving the company altogether.

Advice to Management

Senior management appears to really try to do the right thing. However, the middle managers are largely incompetent or just outright liars. They either aren't empowered to do anything or don't feel the need to do the right thing. I've had managers lie about vital issues and pit employee against employee. It's really despicable, unethical behavior.

9. "Fantastic work in making Accenture such a desired place to work!"

Current Employee - Pipeline Generation Expert in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Pipeline Generation Expert in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great people with Great minds. The respect for the level of education in the talent I work with is not easily comparable with competitors. We have a high level of talent with ambition to do amazing things

Cons

I feel that they could recognize top talent performers a little bit better and create opportunities in a fast track for them in other workforces than just in consulting

Advice to Management

Keep up the fantastic Leadership!

"Exactly what you would expect with a big consulting company..."

Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Consultant in Minneapolis, MN

Pros

In the consulting workforce, you have the opportunity to get promoted quickly. You also get a pretty nice benefits package. Good training options, health, ESPP, and 401k matching.

Cons

As other people have mentioned, pay at Accenture lags market averages. There also is the politics thing others have mentioned, but I think this is something that you should expect EVERYWHERE. People have impressions about you that are deeper than what you perceive your performance to be. I have accepted the fact that politics is a part of the game and learned to play it. I would suggest the same to anyone else.

Advice to Management

Lead by example. There are many times where management will ask younger people to put in longer hours while they go home or go golfing, etc.

Showing 264 of 29,736 reviews