Acceptance Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 31, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ken Russell

Pros
  • Fairly easy job that allows you to help customers that most standard companies look down their noses at (in 3 reviews)

• You will receive your insurance license to sell personal line insurance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • always short staffed, not enough marketing support from upper management to help meet goals (in 6 reviews)

• Low pay work every sAturday management sucks (in 4 reviews)

"RUN AWAY"

Former Employee - Agent in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Agent in Charleston, SC

Pros

No pros at all. Run away from this place. Management and higher ups do not and will not care about you and will let you fail miserably.

Cons

Worse company ever. No room for advancement, poor management, unstable, incompetent training, never know if your going to walk in and not have a job because the company is so unstable, they do not care about their employees, all about money and could care less about customers. Worse company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Get it together and stop worrying about money and numbers. Be more of a cheerleader for your employees and make them feel wanted. Also have a better training program so your employees can succeed. Stop setting them up for failure.

2. "Poor management"

Former Employee - Sales Agent in Jefferson City, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Agent in Jefferson City, MO

Pros

Salary can be lucrative if given proper tools

Cons

Management is lacking in all aspects

Advice to Management

Communicate

"Clm rep III"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

I worked at Acceptance Insurance (More than a year)

Pros

There is no pro to working at Acceptance

Cons

No benefits claim manager promote based on favoritsm. Extreme stress

"Customer service rep"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Forest Park, GA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Forest Park, GA

Pros

It's a job, literally. Nothing

Cons

Horrible work/family balance. Very little flexibility. Expect you to be dishonest to customers.

Advice to Management

Have consideration for employees home life, be consistent and supportive.

6. "RUN FAR AWAY"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellwood, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bellwood, IL

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance (More than 5 years)

Pros

None this company will drain the life out of you

Cons

EVERYTHING. THIS COMANY IS A JOKE!

"Acceptance doesn't mean value!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tuscaloosa, AL

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance (More than a year)

Pros

Great Customers and awesome coworkers!

Cons

Management sucks. No work/life balance. Pay sucks for the amount of work we do. Company motto says "Acceptance means Value", but I don't think they understand what "value" means. They can care less about their customers. And I'm pretty sure we have the worse claims department ever.

Advice to Management

Learn how to manage instead of just collecting a check.

"Claims adjuster"

Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Claims Adjuster in Lombard, IL

I worked at Acceptance Insurance (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was decentt and dress is casua

Cons

They could care less about employees. The workload requires 50 to 60 hrs a week. Customer is not a priority for them. Management does not listen to employees concerns

Advice to Management

Speak up to corporate and defend your employees

"If I could give negative stars, I would"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Tampa, FL

Pros

There are no Pros in working for this company and there is a reason why turn over is so high.

Cons

Where do I start? I have worked in the insurance industry for over 10 years, and never have I worked for such a horrible company. They treat their employees like garbage, micromanaging their every move. They do not care about their employees and management constantly talks down to their employees and treats them like children.

They change schedules with little to no notice, and expect their employees to be able to conform to said changes with no respect to employees with child care issues.

They will also change your pay at anytime without notice, and try to spin it that it's for your benefit, but anyone with half a brain can clearly see it's for the companies benefit, not the employee.

All upper management and CEO's have only RETAIL background, and try to treat their sales offices as such, with no knowledge of how to successfully run an insurance office.

They require outside marketing, but refuse to reimburse employees for mileage and marketing expenses. They even go as far as saying their agents are responsible for purchasing their own stamps to mail documents from the office.

They provide PTO, but with no opportunity to use it, with month long black out periods, and black out dates proceeding and succeeding every major holiday. PTO is also on a "use it or lose it" basis with no ability to carry over unused dates.

Mandatory work days on every Monday, Friday, and Saturday, the 1st, 3rd, 15th, and 30th or 31st of the month with no approved overtime leaves the office extremely short staffed on peak business days.

The HR department is just as corrupt as their management and will sweep complaints of discrimination under the rug to protect their managers and not their employees.

Advice to Management

None. Not that they would listen anyways, so I won't waste my breath. To future employees: BE WEARY!

"There's a reason why there are always so many job openings for this company."

Current Employee - First Party Claims Adjuster in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - First Party Claims Adjuster in Nashville, TN

Pros

Great coworkers who are hard working and do the best they can under extremely difficult working conditions.

Cons

Salary below standard, health benefits have extremely high deductibles and still cost a small fortune. Unrealistic work load demands and company expects you to put family aside and put in large number of unpaid overtime.

Advice to Management

There is a reason why Acceptance Insurance is consistently having to advertise for new employees. Show your employees that you value their hard work. Do your research and strategically plan for hiring of the appropriate number of employees to handle claim volume when launching large advertising campaigns, adding new policy states and issuing new types of policies.

"Losing great people"

Current Employee - Agent in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Agent in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance (More than 5 years)

Pros

Closed on Sundays for now

Cons

This company cannot keep good people. We are losing one of the BEST District Managers we have had in a long time. She is always there for us, teaches us and guides us, cheers us on and is a great leader. If we are not doing something right, she puts us on the right track. One of the best coaches we have ever had. She is in the stores, answers her phone and emails and resolves issues. Straight talker with a lot of great ideas but not appreciated at all. She is one we never wanted to lose. Shame on you Acceptance. We have poor leaders and when we finally get a great person, she is leaving. You don't know how much you are going to miss her until she is gone. Who is next? Pretty sure it's coming soon
    This company lies all the time. You think you are making a good decision to come here? Think again. We are all trying to get OUT!

Advice to Management

Treat people right. Stop protecting you're friends and hold on to great people. Do what it takes or you will lose more. Get rid of that idiot who thinks he knows it all and is protected by the CEO. He treats people badly. Maybe enough law suits will force you to do something.