Acceptance Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Acceptance Insurance Interim Chief Executive Officer and President Ken Russell
Ken Russell

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Pay is ok and you have a set schedule (in 3 reviews)

• Fairly easy job that allows you to help customers that most standard companies look down their noses at (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • always short staffed, not enough marketing support from upper management to help meet goals (in 6 reviews)

• They could care less about employees (in 4 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Irresistible!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Senior leadership is working hard to make Acceptance an irresistible place to work. Investments in morale building recognition programs, enhanced training curricula, and an emphasis on the importance of having happy employees is refreshing. The company created an employee assistance program to collect donations for our team members that were impacted by the hurricanes and are continuing indefinitely for those that develop a need for emergency help in the future. You have plenty of opportunity to shine and build a successful career - the company will give you the tools and if you put in the effort you will be rewarded. There are also growth opportunities and internal promotions are on the rise.

Cons

I wish we could have been at this stage sooner!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Acceptance Insurance Response

Oct 25, 2017 – Social Media Coordinator

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with us! We're happy to hear that our recognition program, new training processes, and the focus on morale has gone over so well with our team... More

"Worst Mistake of My Life Very Unprofessional Sub Standard Company"

Former Employee - Third Party Adjuster in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Third Party Adjuster in Lombard, IL

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None the pay sucked, benefits are not effective for 90days which they suck and do no even cover birth control. Also, the policy ONLY covers up to 5000 per year in medical services. You are better off getting public aid

Cons

Unprofessional Management, Lack of Training, Case Load Was Not Manageable. The pay was below industry standards

Advice to Management

Invest more time into managers. Make sure managers are properly trained to handle newly hired employees. Company is attempting to transition into a replicable company but First Acceptance has a LONG way to go. Will never be accepted in industry if continues its practices.

"Bleak - you could be underpaid, not valued, and bullied elsewhere!! Check out Alfa Visions, or any of the competitors!"

Current Employee - Corporate Peon in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Corporate Peon in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time

Pros

Your coworkers will come together with you in a "we're all in this together" kind of way. You'll meet people who will give you a reference for the real job you get after this one.

Cons

Benefits are terrible (government assistance is better), pay is terrible, upper management is a joke - the president hires his friends in and collects referral bonuses on them. No real investment in people, just a lot of hot air, and the people that really want to make a difference are sidelined/punished from coming forward.to improve how things are. Unethical, unprofessional, poorly managed from the highest levels.

Advice to Management

Quit hiring your buddies from bankrupt companies, bother to learn how an actual insurance business and claims work, and quit letting the President get referral bonuses for his old drinking buddies - everyone's talking about how wrong that is, and it's embarrassing. I've been here for years, and they keep lying about how it's getting better - it's really not, and we all can see it. It probably looks good when you're raking in fat bonuses and referral fees!!

"Good 'Ole Boys Club"

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Agents and field personnel are great to work with and really care about their customers. They go the extra mile.

Cons

New management is sometimes unethical, and manages by intimidation. Field is left to fend for the themselves in making sales goals.

Advice to Management

Get out of the ivory tower and visit your stores. Listen to the field for suggestions. Hire some women in management for goodness sake!

"Hostile work environment and no pay raises at this company."

Former Employee - Office Manager in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Office Manager in Plano, TX

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I had the opportunity to open a scratch agency and develop a book of business. I made a lot of friends and helped many people.

Cons

The management treated all the agents with hostility. There was not a real chance to make more money by selling more because the commission level was so low.

Advice to Management

Replace Mario Vivas and all the other mid-managers.

"Do not work for this company - stay on unemployment!"

Current Employee - Corporate Nobody in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Corporate Nobody in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free coffee - that's about it

Cons

Executive management is unethical, and fires anyone that stands up and tries to do the right thing
    Education is not valued, and they choose to hire individuals with no education so they can get off "cheaper"
    president of the company hires all his friends from other bankrupt companies and then collects an $800.00 referral fee when they are hired
    Solid employees that are trying to make a difference are fired or run off because they dare to refuse to commit fraud or discriminate
    Members of the executive team that have been hired by the President as friends are actually inept at basic job functions, and make perilous business decisions everyday due to their ignorance.
    Agents/CSR's are told to work six days a week as a salaried employee, and not given a day off between Dec-Apr - if they object, they are fired.
    There is no one to go to with grievances because the corruption starts at the top - there are no employee advocates
    Company policies are followed at whim, if they are even interpreted correctly by Executive Management - most of the time, decisions are made without regard to company policy or precedent
    Acceptance is the lowest paying company in this industry, they KNOW it, and they don't care.

Advice to Management

-Stop intimidating employees and threatening them with their jobs if they don't want to be complicit in discriminatory/illegal activities
    -Stop hiring your friends and getting rid of anyone that actually knows how to do their job
    -Stop taking kickbacks, referral fees and bonuses illicitly when your employees haven't seen a raise in almost three years
    -Stop firing employees for telling you that a business decision you have made/are making is not only illegal, but not in the best interest of the company
    -Stop referring to the front line employees as "chattel" and treating them like dogs - you catch more flies with honey.
    -Stop lying to peoples faces
    -Stop lining your pockets while the lowest paid employees in your company, the ones that MAKE the profit, go uncompensated.

"Company that does not care about front line, bad communication. Never really sure what is going on. LOTS of turnover"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Agent
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative/Agent

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My pay is ok, but the hours worked cancel that out.

Cons

You never have a full understanding or complete answer for customers, which hurts your credibility with clients/businesses in area. Mangers require a lot of ridiculous reports and goals that interrupt day to day activities. Big changes in schedules are made two days before they go in to effect so no one can prepare for them. Most issues you have with company are ignored by managers, but if there is an issue with you, you are contacted immediately for questioning. Training is not adequate nor informal about actual LAW versus SELLING.

Advice to Management

Moral is low - employees don't trust employer (if they are smart employees) to do what they say they will do.
    Follow through with what you say you are going to do.
    Put more faith in your employees, or maybe if you would be trustworthy yourself then you would actually be able to trust others.

"Management is terrible, clueless and arrogant..."

Former Employee - Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get to know the customers really well and form relationships with a lot of really good people.

Cons

Everything else...low pay, long hours, high pressure, poor management. Financially unstable with a bleak outlook. Lot's of turnover. Front line employees (Agents & CSR's) have no voice.District and Regional Managers who do not have a clue (or Insurance license).

Advice to Management

Sell the company to someone who knows what they're doing!!

"If all you care about is work this is the company for you!!!!!!!!!!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boca Raton, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Boca Raton, FL

I have been working at Acceptance Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The experience, getting your insurance license paid for. Meeting great people.

Cons

Mandatory Saturdays, and if you would like to request a saturday off it can not be used as a day off you are required to use vacation time. If it were up to management we would be working 6 days a week. Management is not required to be licensed in property or casualty, most of them aren't even educated in the system we use to sell insurance. In my opinion it is a little hard to take orders from a someone, that does know the business or laws as well the systems we work in and out of everyday. Just because you were a good manager for a retail store doesn't mean it will work for insurance.
    Treatment of the CSR - the CSR is basically required to do just about everything the agent does, they just don't get the commission. For ex; if an agent is out and a CSR is forced to run the office for a month. No help just one person 6 days a week 9 - 6 or 7 Mon - Fri and 10 - 5 on Saturday. That CSR will not get the commission for running that office, they will barely get any recognition. They expect the CSR to care as much about the office as the agent, but really the CSR is the invisible helper. No one really sees or hear them but they are the backbone of the office.
    Staffing - Most offices only have 2 people in them, that would be awesome if most offices did not have a poilcy in force count of over 500.
    Seems as if they pull people from the outside as oppose to hiring qith in the company, hence us having managers that have no idea about propert and casualty ins.

Advice to Management

I doubt management ever really comes here and look at what people are posting because ost are too high on their horse to care. Everu business has rules in place for a reason, but when those rules blantantly show that a company is strictly in it for the profit and not care about their employees it looks really bad for upper management. We care about our job, why can't we have that reciprocated to the employees?

"CSR"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Nashville, TN

I worked at Acceptance Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Nice co workers at employee level, for the most part all employees try to help each other if needed.

Cons

Management is nothing but brown nosing and favoritism. No matter how hard you work or tell management about a problem they don't care. Then they gossip with their click about other employees