Acceptance Now 351 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.5
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

Pros
  • Good Pay/Fast paced environment (in 37 reviews)

• Weekly pay definitely comes in handy as well as working with a small team everyone knows everyone (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • 0 opportunity of work-life balance also a two-person team can't necessarily get things done with the hours expected you are to work (in 54 reviews)

• It can get pretty boring on slow days and hours were pretty ridiculous (No work/Life balance) (in 50 reviews)

1. "Sales Manager"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Jefferson City, MO
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Jefferson City, MO

I worked at Acceptance Now full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will meet a lot of great people in this company and possibly make a few lasting friendships. The work isn't normally very difficult and you are for the most part fairly compensated. There are opportunities for bonuses and nice prizes for sales competitions.

Cons

Turnover is high. Job security at higher levels doesn't appear to exist. While they try to keep employees happy with regular monthly meetings and some fun outings, it doesn't do a lot to help with spending your days inside of another company who obviously doesn't appreciate your presence and will go to great lengths to cause unnecessary hardships for you. Additionally, there is not a lot of work life balance when working in any retail sales position and this company is no exception.

Advice to Management

Improve the relationships with the stores you are inside of. These companies see the high turnover and their employees do not contribute to your success but rather go out of their way to cause problems for AN staff. Do not expect the sales managers and assistant sales managers to be able to overcome this issue alone. The employees of the sites you are inside of view your team as temporary and will treat them as such.

2. "Seems to be straight forward."

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Garner, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Garner, NC

I have been working at Acceptance Now full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy interview. Hired on the same day as interview with the DM. Starting pay for a sales associate where I am at is very reasonable.

Cons

Opened a new contract where a lot of things are different than at a normal store. Which leads me into saying the training is lacking. Started off at a store then changed on a fly because they didn't want people confused. Well you should have thought about that before having people start.

Advice to Management

I think you need to have a location for computer training. I also think if you need a contract that you specifically have better training for existing employees (that will be transferring to the new contract.) and in general for new employees. It seems hard for a manager to do or other associates to train you if there is only one person and they have to so tons of work like making calls for collections, receiving payments in store or by phone, and getting people signed up for new loans.

3. "Loved every aspect from the customers to my coworkers."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Amarillo, TX

I worked at Acceptance Now full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to actually help people earn credit or repair their credit as well as giving them something for their home. To me it was the best to be able to tell someone yes I can help you.

Cons

Even though collections and skip tracing can be fun (only for me I think) it can get frustrating as well. Having to call past due customers everyday and trying to help them however they just get upset.

Advice to Management

My immediate supervisor/manager was amazing. However the people above him, they seemed to not even have a clue what they were doing.

5. "District Manager"

Former Employee - District Manager
    Former Employee - District Manager

I worked at Acceptance Now full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Challenging job with great opportunity for financial rewards. Responsibilities include keeping the team updated on company objectives and how to achieve them. Hiring and continued training of all employees. Identify and train future company leaders, loss prevention, growth, and continued profitability for the district. Very solid benefits package.

Cons

No clear direction from upper management. Change in direction almost weekly. By the time you roll out one SOP (standard operating procedure) it is changed. Home office policy creates collection challenges.

Advice to Management

Better communication to the field and more support from the home office.

6. "Store/Sales Manager"

I worked at Acceptance Now full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Bonuses for store performance and friendly competition with nearby locations.

Cons

Did not encourage continuing education. Long hours

Advice to Management

Encourage growth

7. "Honest opinion"

Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Hermitage, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Assistant in Hermitage, TN

I have been working at Acceptance Now full-time

Pros

Everyone I have met in this company has been super friendly and helpful to me, from the Customer Sales Reps up to the DMs. I've had awesome trainers who make sure I understand everything I've learned. During scheduling my manager has asked every single time what days would I need off the following week, and so far there's been no conflict with me getting the days I specified. I love my job and co-workers! I've seen reviews that say there is no work/home balance, and from my experience I have to object to that. When being interviewed, I was told I'd work 40 hours a week, and they are actually pretty strict on not going over that 40 hours. Which I love! I know ahead of time what I'll be working and it's solid.

Cons

I can't really think of any cons. The only thing I would put here would be, the training book you receive needs to be updated to follow along with your online training you must complete. Also, I would have preferred more hands on training simply because I learn quicker that way. I will say though that they do whatever it takes to help you get to where you need to be.

8. "Great Company."

Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Sales Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Acceptance Now full-time

Pros

Bonuses
    Easy interview
    Flexible schedule

Cons

Long Work Hours
    No advancement
    Low-pay

9. "Sales assistant"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cookeville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Cookeville, TN

I have been working at Acceptance Now full-time

Pros

Very knowledgeable staff and extremely courteous.

Cons

Have to work all holidays except Christmas.

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Acceptance Now full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Weekly pay and benefits

Cons

Most unfair company I have ever worked for I have been with the company 4 yrs and making $15.45 and a SA less then 1 yr gets a $3 raise from $10.25 to and then goes to $13.25 walks off the job and quits they offer her $1.00 more to come back SA comes back to work after quitting and gets offered a SM position and gets another $3.00 raise and is now making $17.25 in less then a year quit walked off and is making more money than me with awards and perform to win and I get a .22 cent raise. So unfair and I worked a lot of days open to close because I didn't have any help and my attendance perfect this SA called off more in a year then I have in 4 yrs. And they want me to come in and work hard and for what it doesn't pay off!!!!! Most UNFAIR PLACE TO WORK FOR AND THEY HAVE FAVORITES!!!!!!

Advice to Management

Treat people fairly and respect their years and loyalty with the company... Keep them happy not make us miserable and feel belittled!!!!

11. "Horrible Management"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Acceptance Now full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Paid well, room for promotion

Cons

The overall management structure and incentives for performance were not well thought out or professional.

Advice to Management

Support your people more when intercompany problems arise, instead of prioritizing the business relationships.