Accesa Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Accesa CEO Iulian Iuga
Iulian Iuga

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They are sincere, open minded and ready to help" (in 8 reviews)

• "Oh, and I love the in-house psychologist and the overall focus on work-life balance from the benefits area" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "The management especially the team leaders have no leading people skills" (in 2 reviews)

• "not so great communication between teams in different offices" (in 2 reviews)

1. "An authentic vibe & great place to grow"

I have been working at Accesa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

freedom to be creative in your work
    great people
    cell-based organization, no top-down management
    competence centers
    authentic vibe
    strong learning orientation

Cons

the community feel is there, but can be enhanced.

Advice to Management

Continue to inspire

2. "People oriented"

I have been working at Accesa full-time

Pros

great company and great colleagues

Cons

work might differ depending on the client/project

3. "Great place and great people"

Current Employee - Integration Developer
    Current Employee - Integration Developer

Pros

Accesa is a great place because you get to work with great people. They are sincere, open minded and ready to help. And most of all, they are motivated and make things happen.

Cons

I have no complains, for me this place is great.

"Superb culture"

Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Oradea (Romania)
    Current Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Oradea (Romania)

I have been working at Accesa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am proud to be working for a company with a mindset oriented to people, rather than processes, to constant growth, rather then inertia and that has the freedom of communication at its core.

Cons

Having so many cell structures, at the beginning it might be difficult to put all the pieces of the puzzle together.

"Good company ruined by bad management"

Former Employee - Full Stack Developer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Former Employee - Full Stack Developer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I worked at Accesa full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good benefits (sport trainer, paid sport activities, german and english lessons, fruit day and more), majority of people are nice.

Cons

The biggest con is the management which consist of unqualified people. Some team leads are even worse. They have almost zero technical knowledge, bad people skills and zero leadership skills. They (management and TL) don't treat you with respect and view you as nothing more than a slave. If you do volunteering work for the company they say you did it for yourself and if you don't they give you negative feedback saying you aren't involved enough in the company. They do this because they really don't care that you leave since they can always hire juniors to do the work because the client is relaxed and doesn't care that much what is shipped as long as it somehow works.

Advice to Management

Rethink your strategy, promote capable people in leading positions and don't ruin a great company and the good people that work there with your inexperience.

Accesa Response

Nov 22, 2018 – Employee Communication Specialist

Thank you for your feedback!

We're sorry that your experience with us was an unfortunate one. We’re continuously investing in further training for our managers, with a special focus on new... More

6. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Current Employee - Full Stack Developer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I have been working at Accesa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- great work environment
    - nice teamwork
    - good benefits
    - flexible schedule

Cons

none that I could think of

"Good company, bad management."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I worked at Accesa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice team members. Big clients

Cons

The management especially the team leaders have no leading people skills. Zero empathy towards employees. At the team level they hire sometimes to many people at the beginning of the project/ new client and after all settles down and if the work load is low, they start to get rid of people with different intimidation tactics and direct threats as a reason to live. I'm subjective off course but there are to many examples of this kind. It really depends in what team/department you end up.

Advice to Management

Start to give leading positions to people with people skills, soft skills . Technical skills are not leading skills .

Accesa Response

Nov 23, 2018 – Employee Communication Specialist

Thanks for your feedback!

We’re sorry to hear that your experience with us was unfortunate.

As a people-oriented company, it’s important for us to know and understand when things might go... More

"Acceptable, but nothing more."

Current Employee - Engineer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I have been working at Accesa full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice work environment. Friendly people.

Cons

Projects with no challenges, very little work to do sometimes.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Frequently this is overlooked for personal opinions.

"Good work-life flexibility, unchallenging projects"

I have been working at Accesa full-time

Pros

Accesa is a good employer if you're looking for a relaxed working environment and good work-life flexibility. Large desks and well-illuminated offices/open spaces allow you to work without feeling cramped.

Accesa especially encourages sport activities and there is a hobby group for everything, from running, to hiking and football, so there is never a lack of encouragement if you need it.

All of this contributes to a friendly environment where people help each other and don't manifest the stress of day-to-day work.

Cons

The first and most glaring downside that comes to my mind is people management. There is a clear lack of experience, which manifests in the way the management teams handle problems brought up to them. As managers tend to either underreact or overreact, employees feel discouraged from bringing up issues and the general culture is to sweep problems under the rug.

At Accesa, employee recognition is poorly implemented. Your practical results do not matter if you do not properly market yourself to the management team. Employees are encouraged to be pro-active about their career path in the company, but the options available to them are never made clear and managers are not pro-active about encouraging the development of the people working under them.

Projects are technically unchallenging, as is unfortunately the case with outsourcing companies. However the clients are easy to communicate with and tend to be receptive to suggestions and ideas.

Overall seniority level is low in all departments, the ratio of juniors to seniors is skewed in favor of the junior employees.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to the conflict-resolution culture at Accesa, encourage people to step forward when they see any kind of issue. Clarify career path opportunities and try to raise the seniority levels in both support, management and developer departments.

10. "starting fresh with Accesa"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cluj-Napoca (Romania)

I have been working at Accesa full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Mobility and Flexibility; the extra care for the employee and that the project meets the needs; development possibilities and easy reach for leadership team; openness to initiatives; strategy towards new markets and industries.

Cons

Accesa Cluj split into 3 different offices