Access Media 3 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.3
Alan Rosenberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "AM3 is a pretty good place to work"

I have been working at Access Media 3 full-time

Pros

Pretty Nice work enviroment/ enjoy dealing with vendors and other employees
    Able to purchase most tools and supplies needed / Company reorganized this year and has become a much better partner to property managers and vendors.

Cons

sometimes management is slow to respond to needs / fairly fast paced
    business/ sometimes technicians have to face the customers without the ability to provide an answer for their needs

Advice to Management

need much better communications to all levels/ sometimes feel like We are "in the dark"

2. "Just run trust me run you wont like it."

Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Access Media 3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Met a few good people that did not deserve the treatment they were given
    Free coffee

Cons

One of the worst companies I have ever had the displeasure to work for. The management structure is broken, the culture is broken, AM3 does not pay its vendors on time. How can you run a business and care for customers if you dont pay your vendors? This is business ethics 101! They have this thing where they pay every three months right before the lights and other services will be turned off. The funny thing is they wont pay for the 3 months they owe and will only pay for a portion of what is owed. Long enough for some of the recently ordered internet circuits or services ordered to be installed. You have one week to get your orders processed before your account goes back into default. If you are a customer run! If you are considering to work here run! Do not be swayed by the lot that say its OK trust me you will regret it. I am an experienced professional with many years in the business every thing I am saying here is true. This was the worst work experience of my life, I never hated a place more. Getting yelled at and treated like crap is the norm. Having your work mates sabotage your work and reputation is the norm. Its simply part of the culture.

Advice to Management

Pay your bills on time.
    Correct your culture and start with management.
    Review your business plan you are bleeding money and you are cheap with your vendors because your financial model is broken

"Compay laid us off days before Christmas"

Former Employee - Property Relations Manager
    Former Employee - Property Relations Manager

I worked at Access Media 3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team I worked with was great.

Cons

They were cash poor. They bought too many properties and it broke the system. Yhey ended up laying off a ton of people.

4. "I like the company!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

I have been working at Access Media 3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I like that there are opportunities to move up. I started in Customer Service and was able to move up quickly. Opportunities are there for everyone you just have to go for it!

Cons

The company has restructured many things and it seems to be improving. I think it just takes time. The old company was definitely not the greatest but the new company is really turning out to be great.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Listen to your employees.

"Unprofessional!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Access Media 3 (More than a year)

Pros

Some of your coworkers are hardworking, fun people.

Cons

The company is a complete joke and has had to change its name and change presidents after financial problems. Most of your job will be getting yelled at for things that are completely unheard of (ex. missing three appointments without calling and the next available appointment being two days from then and only with an all day availability or internet service being out for months).

Advice to Management

Fix these core problems and if you can't don't allow supervisors to refuse escalations because it was dispatch's fault or because there's nothing that they can do about it. Treat supervisors better.

"Field Operations"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Steger, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Steger, IL

I worked at Access Media 3 (More than 5 years)

Pros

The field service team. It was an amazing team, some of the very best at what we did! You got to meet celebrities and see places that very few people can ever say they saw. The job itself was a good job as well, I've moved on but sometimes I miss the buildings, the people in the buildings, and definitely the co-workers.

Cons

Management took a great thing and destroyed it, there was plenty of $ to go around, the field service team gave it everything we had, but in the end the decisions of a few clueless individuals (who I see have already gone since my departure) ruined it for everyone.

Advice to Management

Stop bringing in individuals who don't know the ins and outs of your industry and pay attention to the people that got you to where you are, or at least once were before it's too late and what's left of them leave as well!

"Why does this company still exist?"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Access Media 3 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Besides the pay, and free coffee every morning, none.

Cons

Management is never available.
    Technician miss appointments, and the company feels like a $25 credit will always be enough to satisfy customer needs.
    CEO is a ghost.
    Please avoid this place!

Advice to Management

Find a new job before you end up with none.

"This place is a fraud company"

I worked at Access Media 3 full-time

Pros

None ! It's a waste of time

Cons

Management is terrible ! They have no people of color in lead spots anywhere in the company . The only people of color are in the call center and that maybe 4. Promotions are based on who they favor at the time. They tell you to basically lie to the customers and hey do not care about the employees . Don't go there thinking its a place of growth because that's a joke !

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees !!! Promote of work not who is your favorite at the time ... No never mind just close this place down

"Stay Away"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Access Media 3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The other reps are fun to work with

Cons

Mia-management, never paid out commissions, lying to employees

Advice to Management

Stop lying to people and actually get your lives together.

"Company Resurgence"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Brook, IL

Pros

After a period of uncertainty and feeling just simply lost, this company is heading in the right direction again. Major changes were necessary and have been made. This has resulted in a feeling that we get a chance to start over again. With that comes opportunities across the company for hard workers to advance their careers. The pay is competitive and employees really seem to care about what they're doing.

Cons

While not completely starting over, there is a feeling that the company is doing just that. So there's a lot of work to do and still a lot to figure out.

Advice to Management

It's clear the management cares and wants to make things work. Changes are happening quickly and are necessary. The only danger I see is the possibility of people burning out before the company reaches all of it's goals.