Access Medical Laboratories Reviews | Glassdoor

Access Medical Laboratories Reviews

Updated Sep 14, 2017

Found 20 reviews

4.0
Access Medical Laboratories CEO  (no image)
  1. "I Appreciate the Team Work/Spirit"

Former Employee - Data Entry in Austin, TX

I worked at Access Medical Laboratories full-time

Pros

I've worked for Quest for 10 years before working for Access for 4 years. Most managers underestimate the data entry position but the management at Access treated us like the important dept we are and recognized the hard work that goes into entering patient samples 5 days/week to have them tested and resulted in 24hrs

Cons

I had to relocate to Austin, TX and they do not have any locations there.

Advice to Management

Please Please open up in Texas

Access Medical Laboratories2017-04-16

"The Great Facade"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Access Medical Laboratories full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

$29,000 base salary with health benefits, if you consider that a pro. Entry level sales instruction. Middle Management- Leonel Rodriquez is the only glimmer of light in a dark and bleak job. Spare no expenses when at conferences. You do fun things and eat amazing food. Unfortunately, besides your sales associates (sometimes) you hate who you are doing it with. (Upper management)

Cons

I can not bring myself to write all of the cons that employment at Access has. This, to me, is the Access motto, hire young, enthusiastic, uneducated (males) to severely underpay and not ask questions. To paint anyone a picture, I was at a conference with the company in Las Vegas and understandably we had a meeting about showing every potential client all of the, lines of testing/packages, we have available.... After I was talking with a potential client, he had told me that he lived in Canada and could not draw and send blood outside of the country due to their insurances. So as a salesmen I know he is unqualified for 75% of what we offer. I talk to him briefly about the salvia and stool testing we offer, he takes some information and goes on his way. Upper management- one "man" in particular, sees him walk away after briefly talking to me and asks the doctor if I told him about the blood packages that we offer (which he was unqualified for) the doctor replied no and demanded I re approach him and tell him about it. After the doctor walked away again, this "man" SCREAMED at me in the middle of the conference. I stood there, shocked, and respectfully told him the reason why, HE WAS UNQUALIFIED. This "man" says, "oh, ok." Doesn't apologize and continues on his way.

Advice to Management

Upper management- hire others to do your jobs and step away from any type of interpersonal relationships with employees. Or have any semblance of Emotional Intelligence.

Access Medical Laboratories2017-09-14

"Best Employer I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - Data Entry in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Access Medical Laboratories full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at Access has taught me how important it is to work as a team. It is a perfect example of a well oiled machine, between departments and throughout the entire company. The best thing about working here is that you are given the tools you need to succeed, and the directors want to see you grow. If you're doing an exemplary job, they will see that and you will be rewarded. The directors, the supervisors, and... the employees all have the same goal: to provide phenomenal patient care & excellent customer service.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say other than the work load is very high for such a small amount of people.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified individuals who are eager to learn more about this field.

Access Medical Laboratories2017-04-05

"LOVE"

Current Employee - Data Entry Expert in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Access Medical Laboratories full-time

Pros

The best part about working at Access is the upper management. They are incredibly family oriented and treat us all as family as well. They understand people have personal lives and are always there to support and help if we need anything. I work in data entry which I love. We all work as a team and we have wonderful supervisors who are very knowledgeable. The majority of the staff in my department and most others... have worked with team Access for 2+ years. I think that says a lot about the company and the management :)

Cons

The only thing I dislike is the size of the work area. Since I've worked there, the work load has only grown which makes it difficult to keep up at times. We don't only accession specimens. There are other jobs to do in my department which can cause the work flow to slow down as well. Because of this, I would really love to see new faces. Faces that are willing to learn, move quick but accurately, and who WANTS to... work. Hiring new employees also means a bigger work space would probably be needed.

Advice to Management

Everyone has ideas. Listen and take notes.

5. "Great Atmosphere"

I have been working at Access Medical Laboratories full-time

Pros

Amazing Upper Management Phenomal Team Room for Growth An All Around Great Company

Cons

No cons always around a great team that pushes you to get better everyday.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! They have a created great platform for you to grow yourself!

6. "My second home!"

Current Employee - Data Entry Specialist

Pros

Growing company with room to grow!

Cons

Must be patient and flexible as things change as business grows.

Advice to Management

In reading some of these reviews I wondered if I work at the same place some of theses people work. I believe those employee's lost track of what our purpose is, which is give Doctors and patients answers they require. We are the faceless people behind a diagnosis that can potentially lead to a cure (treatment). I would like to say that since I started working at Access I have seen personal growth as well as... professional. I have been given the opportunity to show who I could be. I've received a plethora of knowledge and support from the management team. Continue to listen to your employee's. Utilizing our inputs and suggestions aids in making work feel less like work and like a second home. We spend just as much time if not more at the lab then we do at our own homes, let's continue to help our clients and patients by keeping morale up. More company functions or outings are a great way of keeping employee's motivated and focused.

Access Medical Laboratories2017-03-31
  7. "Awesome Work Environment"

Current Employee - Med Tech in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Access Medical Laboratories full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Such a friendly environment compared to other labs that i've worked for! Upper management truly strives to make it a comfortable work environment while always being available to help. Love it here!

Cons

I Wish i could work weekends!

Advice to Management

Keep delegating work properly so you can focus on growth.

Access Medical Laboratories2017-03-31
  8. "Great place for opportunity"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jupiter, FL

I have been working at Access Medical Laboratories full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love this place I never thought I'd feel more at home than I do here. Management is always very kind to their employees and always looking for new ways to make our work environment better. I've never ran into any problems with anyone here if you work and mind your own business no one will bother you. Pay is great and they always reward employees who work hard. There is always room for growth in this company its a... great place for opportunity. I recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a place to grow and excel!

Cons

I find it difficult to say anything bad about this place I would like an extended lunch but other than that everything else is great!

Advice to Management

Love this place!

Access Medical Laboratories2017-03-30
  9. "Top Tier Establishment"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Jupiter, FL

Pros

The company has much room for opportunity and growth The company fosters a strong team and family environment The company is pleasant with outstanding standards of excellence

Cons

No cons. I would recommend this company to anyone looking to excel in Medicine, Business, Team Development,

Advice to Management

Thank you for making this opportunity possible for employees of Access!

Access Medical Laboratories2017-03-30
  10. "Great employment opportunities"

Current Employee - Shipping and Receiving in Jupiter, FL

Pros

Family oriented business, Very professional, growing career opportunities.

Cons

Far commute to work everyday.

Advice to Management

Happy employees are a recipe for success.

Found 20 reviews