AccessHQ Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Tony Bailey

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "IT consulting company"

Pros

Good support staff, Management always trying to improve work situation. Opportunity to work in various cities. Competitive salary and strong bench.

Cons

At times lack of contracts which results in lack of work. If moved from another state or city, there is a chance you will have to move back after a few months because they don't have enough work to give you.

"Best Company I've ever worked for"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at AccessHQ (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has the most genuine bunch of people I've ever worked with. That includes Banks, Telcos, Manufacturing & Govt.

The Human Quality vision is inspiring as we take a real stance against the poor standards in the IT industry and have something thats unique and delivers real results. Standing up for something I believe in is so motivating and sharing the thought leadership and ideas around HQ with others in the industry is exciting.

The management team I work with and the company leadership team are really good. They are approachable, friendly and passionate. Not only are they open to new ideas they actively encourage new ideas. There are very few barriers to bringing change and new thinking to the table but you have to be self driven. No one will do it for you. That approach is a breath of fresh air to me as I'm always challenging the status quo.

Cons

I think in the enthusiasm to change things quickly, we can sometimes try to do too many things at once. Maybe management should slow down the pace of change and focus on getting some key things bedded down

Advice to Management

Keep on challenging the industry and developing the Human Quality Philosophy. Theres lots of work to be done but you're on the right track

"AccessHQ cares about its 'Humans'"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Adelaide (Australia)

I have been working at AccessHQ full-time

Pros

AccessHQ is a company that cares about 'Human Quality' in relation to the IT industry. As such it puts time into finding and retaining quality people. As an employee of AccessHQ I feel valued, and have been able to progress my career with the help of the company leadership. If you are a team player and thinking of joining a progressive company then AccessHQ may be for you.

Cons

If someone comes to work for AccessHQ but does not take time to get to know the leadership of the company they work for, they may possibly feel undervalued. It is important that all employees avail themselves of all the opportunities to grow their career, and engage with AccessHQ. Drive their own career.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Everyone out there is contributing in their own way. 'Human Quality' mantra is alive and well.

"Great Employee-Centric company culture, excellent management and lot of opportunities"

Current Employee - Junior Test Analyst in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Junior Test Analyst in Melbourne (Australia)

Pros

Excellent management and growth opportunities offered to its employees would be the USP for AccessHQ. The management is very motivating and they try their best to help you reach your full potential but then again, it depends on how proactive you are. The skills hub has a lot of training and modules which are helpful to understand various concepts. Fairly new to testing, I found it very useful. The management takes time to know its employees and their aspirations and they genuinely put in time to guide you towards your goal. The efforts put in by the employees are noticed and appreciated by the management (which I personally feel, is quite rare). All in all, a really good place for people who thrive on opportunities

Cons

Not a con at all, but just because I have to fill up this section, I would say the time sheets can be quite cumbersome and confusing when you are new. But you get used to it anyway else you will be assured to have an approachable Manager or Team member to help you out.

Advice to Management

Very new to the field of Testing, to offer advice but my feedback is "Keep doing what you are doing. It feels great to be a part of the AccessHQ family"

Aug 17, 2016 – HR Manager

Thanks for your feedback! All feedback received helps us to be a better employer!

"A terrible compay to work with, pay is remarkably lower than others"

Current Employee - Senior Test Analyst in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Senior Test Analyst in Melbourne (Australia)

Pros

Not at all. Wish I could say something good about this company.

Cons

Melbourne management is a joke. No listening, no support, no care, no respect...
    Sickening greediness in exploiting their employees.
    Start salary is always low. Then their salary review process makes it impossible to get a pay rise or promotion.
    This place suits graduates or testers with little experience to start their career or as a stepping stone. Experienced testers will always leave once they find a better company.
    No training at all.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. They are the ones that keep you paid!!
    Give your employees trainings just like other consulting companies do!

Aug 16, 2016 – HR Manager

I am sorry you have not had a good experience with AccessHQ. I see you are a current employee and I would encourage you to speak to the management team about your grievances.

All top performers... More

"Great community and working environment."

Current Employee - Customer Insights Team in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Customer Insights Team in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at AccessHQ full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great dynamics in the Melbourne branch. Contractors and full-time employees are always warmly looked after in any situation they face. Management is always keeping everyone well motivated and accredit people for doing great work. When Tony Bailey speaks about HQ (Human Quality) he really means it, and it reflects in the way the company is moving.

Cons

I get looked down upon for drinking chai latte in the office.

Advice to Management

Be on the look out for younger talent, to ensure that AccessHQ keeps changing/morphing as the industry does.

Mar 2, 2016 – HR Manager

Thank you for your feedback! Over the past 18 months we have put significant amount of effort into changing the organisation to improve both the employee and customer experience. While we are still... More

7. "Average"

Current Employee - Test Analyst
    Current Employee - Test Analyst

Pros

Client base in Canberra is pretty ok. About 7

Cons

No training, no pay increase

Advice to Management

nil

"Great place with a lot of potential"

Former Employee - Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at AccessHQ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Victoria office has excellent flexibility and support, HR Manager, Jodi, based in Sydney is empathetic and sympathetic with a world of knowledge. Cannot speak for other offices but Vic office has an elite team of managers who will support consultants and HR / Resource team. As a whole, the group strives for new ideas, strategies for engaging its' team and keeping an open door policy a must. Excellent interview process which is in-depth, involved, balanced and professional. Interview isn't drawn out and applicants are constantly asked about how they feel and what their thoughts are. New starters are walked through the whole Victorian office which includes sister company and introduced to every single person on the floor. A small point which shows it supports its' people was the upgrade of technology. When PC's etc age, as soon as a request for upgrades are placed, Access would provide replacements without hesitation. The Victorian office culture is warm and friendly. The GM and Principals are extremely easy to approach for a chat or to seek advice. The Resource team are second to none from the experience I had and what I see with other interviews around me and feedback of my colleagues. The Victorian office has its own little culture, banter and fun making it a really nice place to work.

Cons

Not really a con but training was a weaker point although management always encouraged staff to jump onto online testing related training daily when on the bench. With the relaunch to Access HQ, they are/have implemented a number of in-house training and support courses. Also Access Testing is happy to support and reimburse consultants who apply for certifications such as the ISTQB. Salary can start low, however, management strongly encourages consultants to shine and when they do, salary increments are inline.

Advice to Management

Continue to show support to your consultants, encourage new ideas and improvements to existing process, policies and marketing. Most importantly, keep making it a fun, friendly and advanced place to work. Great work guys!

9. "Access Testing - Great Career Progression"

Former Employee - Senior Test Analyst in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Senior Test Analyst in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at AccessHQ full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Few friendly people to work with
    Flexibility for parents
    Career progression
    Lots of ideas and Access Testing is growing
    Good restaurants in the area
    Work with clients in many domains.
    Work with talented people

Cons

Politics and hierarchy
    Salary
    Sydney office is not close to train station and parking only available to management
    Some staff not approachable
    No open door environment
    No support

Advice to Management

Move to office that is close to a train station.
    Treat your staff better and treat everyone fairly.
    Love the new ideas and we all want to be involved
    See your people and smile

10. "Body shopper just like other Australian testing companies"

Pros

good people to work with. multiple locations in HK, sydney, melbourne, canberra, brisbane. good government clients. Stability of employment compared to other companies.

Cons

low salary, small size compared to other testing companies, no meaningful training for employees, no opportunities for skill development, better off being a contractor than work here