Accident Fund Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Elizabeth R. Haar

1. "Company cares about you"

I have been working at Accident Fund full-time

Pros

Progressive company always looking to strengthen position in the marketplace and expand offerings. Room for advancement in all departments. Benefits are excellent. Managers care. Flexible work schedules

Cons

Union shop. building temperatures are psycho

Advice to Management

Managers need to groom employees more for transitioning into management positions.

2. "Claims"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Accident Fund full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very competitive compensation and benefits

Cons

Accident Fund (AF Group) lacks diversity in their leadership and mid-level management. While the culture is nice it is not inclusive for minorities who want to climb the ladder of success. There are many qualified minorities who do not get fair opportunities.

Advice to Management

Get a REAL Diversity and Inclusion plan and enact it. Stop just talking about it. Do it!

3. "Great Place to Work!"

Pros

They really value their employees.

Cons

There are no cons that I have found.

5. "Claims"

I worked at Accident Fund full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

By far Accident Fund is one of the ran companies in the US. I've worked there for over 14 years and hate I left. I relocated and always stay in touch.

Cons

Nothing really worth committing on. They need to continue to grow and consider other comparable lines.

Advice to Management

Growth and grow right!

6. "Communications."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

I worked at Accident Fund full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great at empowering employees. Excellent culture to work in.

Cons

Limited career paths. Takes long time to be promoted.

Advice to Management

Don't let good employees slip by. Professional development should be a priority.

"Business Analyst"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Accident Fund full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Complete leadership & cultural change in the past 18 months in the IT department. Excellent things happening with an engaged & dynamic CIO at the helm. Excellent benefits, transparency and opportunity for growth. Current Digital Transformation initiative in progress to upgrade all core processing systems in the next 5 years will keep our company on the cutting edge.

Cons

Change is difficult for most people; IT is making monumental strides in changing our culture and leaderships teams and this is a very good thing for the majority of the staff. Unfortunately there will always be pockets of people that will be unhappy with any change that 'upsets their personal apple cart'.

Advice to Management

To our new president and our fairly recent CIO (approximately 18 months) - keep pushing us forward to instill the corporate and cultural values that you are talking about. Continue to exemplify them and continue to be transparent even when it isn't the easiest thing to do. I am thankful to be a part of this organization and am excited about where we are heading.

"IT - let's keep going!"

Pros

Great work place, leadership, transparency, new President, lot of new initiatives to improve the technology area including Digital Transformation, security, new predictive modeling platform and the tiering of the portfolio

Cons

Too many initiatives being talked about to grow the company, I'm really worried that it can drastically increase the stress of the people and company. Also there is TONS of technology debt that exists and it's going to be a major challenge to get out of but DT is going to help

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing, Culture has dramatically improved from where we were 2/3 years ago....it's a complete turn around for the IT department...the leadership that has been brought including head of infrastructure and portfolio really know what they are doing. Our future looks bright, let's keep going..

"Fast growing company that focuses on retaining good employees, who work hard"

Current Employee - Senior Loss Control Consultant in Lansing, MI
    Current Employee - Senior Loss Control Consultant in Lansing, MI

I have been working at Accident Fund full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great work life balance
    - Direct manager who listens and works to help me achieve my goals
    - Professional co-workers
    - Direct exposure to upper management
    - Promotes from within the department
    - Excellent tuition reimbursement
    - Good health benefits

Cons

- HR is disconnected to the employee after hire.
    - Some lip service is given to employees when dealing with problems
    - When problem employee are identified, not much is done to tune them up.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work with growing the company, but don't forget who is doing the lifting.

10. "Best place to be"

I have been working at Accident Fund full-time

Pros

Over 100 years in business, stable, successful company. Great pay and benefits. Flexible work schedules. Incredible office building includes first class fitness center. Great people help each other to succeed.

Cons

You'll be expected to do good work, so if you are lazy or just want to go thru the motions, this is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

"New President & Growing Company"

Current Employee - Senior Network Administrator
    Current Employee - Senior Network Administrator

I have been working at Accident Fund full-time

Pros

Very stable and growing company. Great Pay and Benefits along with flexible work schedules. Office building is absolutely beautiful, it offers a great bright and inviting work environment. I work in the IT Department and we have recently gone through major changes, the amount of respect directed toward employees and the ownership of their work is really refreshing its a major change to the old culture that formerly existed. The new IT leadership that has been put into place has kicked up the momentum regarding a long overdue digital transformation.

Cons

Worried about the culture as the overall company increases, this is going to be a major growing concern for the company.

Advice to Management

We have a new president and she is as personable as can be! In addition, major advice is to keep Digital Transformation moving along and to ensure that the leadership team recognizes the amount of effort required, without disturbing it. With respect to the previous posts about HR and the new CIO, those, I am certain are 'old culture' disgruntled employees that were right fitted into roles of which they think are beneath them. To the CIO - you have done a tremendous job of turning the department around, your passion and enthusiasm for greatness is very evident and we all crave your messages....let's keep it going!