Acclaim Technical Services Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Trever Neves
1 Rating

1. "Rare ESOP Company Supporting USG Customers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Acclaim Technical Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ATS is a dynamic, Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP) company that genuinely cares about its personnel. This means a lot of things are done differently here -- annual paid time off is issued to you after 90 days on the job, not accrued paycheck-to-paycheck; you are fully vested in the 401k as soon as you are eligible, again after 90 days.

I can't think of another employee owned company in this sector.

ATS has retained a healthy focus on its core business areas rather than pursuing random opportunities where it lacks expertise.

Cons

The most common criticism leveled at ATS by competitors is that the company lacks experience as a Prime Contractor, preferring instead to play the subcontractor role. ( I expect this is changing, but also note that where ATS has been a subcontractor, it has been an effective and trusted one -- generally emerging as the largest subcontractor on programs it has supported).

2. "Linguist Analyst"

Current Contractor - Linguist Analyst in New Haven, CT
    Current Contractor - Linguist Analyst in New Haven, CT

I have been working at Acclaim Technical Services as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility, ability to choose own working hours, great pay rate.

Cons

no benefits, no opportunities for advancement, contract job only, nothing permanent.

Advice to Management

Focus on securing permanent contracts with several government agencies

3. "Great management, coworkers are friendly, everything by the book"

Former Contractor - Translator in Reston, VA
    Former Contractor - Translator in Reston, VA

I worked at Acclaim Technical Services as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked on a temporary project for this government contractor. My management was professional, courteous, and honest. I would work with ATS again. ATS management and more junior employees were courteous and respective of our presence by treating us like team members. My senior [I think] manager suggested I stay in contact for possible positions in case where I have landed did not work out to my approval and available positions within ATS government contracts opened up for which I am fit. I cannot speak for the company as a whole and I cannot speak for working for the company directly with a government contract, but the Reston folks were awesome and my management was up front with me and excellent. If an offer comes your way with ATS, I would take at the very least give it real consideration.

Cons

Not really. I would have suggested a better location in Reston, but the company is doing that in December 2014 so that is a moot point with a better location closer to Washington DC's Metro stations. By December 2014 the company will have a location within easy walking distance to the Wiehle-Reston Metro station for those folks not working at customer locations and those who prefer public transportation. The walk should be about 5 to 7 minutes depending on personal waking speed. The office new will still be on the W&OD bicycle/running trail (which I used), just closer to the Metro.

Advice to Management

Continue being friendly to your temporary employees. I'm not sure if that is a company policy or just personal niceties, but all of your Reston employees made me feel like a team member.

5. "ATS - Employee Owned - Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Acclaim Technical Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a good place to work but became even better once the company became Employee Owned. This means that everyone gets a piece of the pie and every single person can make a positive contribution towards the company's success. ATS' Executive Management actively seeks to foster employee growth and looks to promote within the company before considering outside resources. A good work life balance is always encouraged; work hard, play hard. My manager was always available to contact and has always addressed my concerns working towards a win/win solution.

Cons

Their benefits are comparable to a larger government contractor but just a little below or just on par with companies of similar size. There are many companies of similar size with more robust and attractive benefits packages. I hope we see some updates with the company being Employee Owned.

Advice to Management

Diversify the benefits package so that ATS really stands out as being a step above other companies. I think employees would like to have wellness benefits/incentives and possibly commuter benefits. Performance Evaluations should be done for every employee on an annual basis. That communication is important to both ATS and the employee to determine and provide mutual goals and expectations.

6. "ATS - Employee Owned - Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reston, VA

I have been working at Acclaim Technical Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was a good place to work but became even better once the company became Employee Owned. Not only does the company benefit but I also get a piece of the pie, as do all employees. Every single person at ATS can make a positive contribution towards the company's success. This is a great benefit as it serves as a second retirement plan in addition to my 401K.

ATS' Executive Management actively seeks to foster employee growth and looks to promote within the company before considering outside resources. They expect everyone to work hard but they really encourage a good work life balance. Salaries are solid and PTO comes in abundance between your first and second year.

Cons

The benefits are comparable to a larger government contractor but just a little below or just on par with companies of the same size. There are many companies of the same stature with a more robust and attractive benefits package.

Advice to Management

Diversify the benefits package so that ATS really stands out as being a step above other companies. Look into wellness benefits/incentives and possibly commuter benefits/reimbursements. Performance Evaluations would be effective & beneficial on an annual basis. That communication is important to both ATS and the employee to determine and provide mutual goals and future expectations.

7. "Good company but no flexibility."

Former Employee - Consultant in Huntington Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Huntington Beach, CA

Pros

Growing company, young management, operation all over the US and overseas. Chance to work as a contractor for the US government, military and security agencies. Many fields to work in, IT, linguistics, security, HR etc... Good healthcare coverage benefit and 401 K. A good mix of diversity and women at work. Nice Birthday card signed by many headquarters staff.

Cons

No room for growth, very long hours, no time off even when you need it. Pay average or bellow industry,. Hard to get management on the phone or answer emails, no company support when needed at client location. Too much travel.

Advice to Management

Talk to your new staff, ask them what can you do to keep them around.

8. "Very Good"

Pros

I worked at Ats for four years and they were very good to me.

Cons

There were no cons at this company.

9. "small but good"

I worked at Acclaim Technical Services full-time

Pros

lower and middle management great

Cons

none to share right now

Advice to Management

grow into other areas soon

10. "great, family environment"

I worked at Acclaim Technical Services full-time

Pros

family environment
    fast paced
    no micro management
    encourage creativity and innovation

Cons

work load can vary/hours can vary
    career growth

Advice to Management

concentrate on providing services to only a few disciplines

11. "Good small company"

Current Employee - Data Analyst
    Current Employee - Data Analyst

I have been working at Acclaim Technical Services full-time

Pros

Good benefits, flexible schedule, great interaction with executive leadership

Cons

Not much room for growth

Advice to Management

Wish there were more opportunities