Accolade Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Accolade CEO Rajeev Singh
Rajeev Singh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Excellent work from home and remote work atmosphere (in 14 reviews)

• Smart people who want to work hard to make a difference (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Since this is a "call center "the turn over is high and some who are promoted are ill equipped to supervise (in 23 reviews)

• Two cons: the first is that as a Health assistant, you can sometimes feel like hung out to dry (in 20 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity to build something amazing!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Accolade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you've never had the opportunity to be at the forefront of creating something very meaningful that will impact millions of people's lives all while working with the latest technologies, this is your chance! I really enjoy the outstanding work/life balance I'm afforded here. I've worked for several organizations where you had to be the first person in to turn on the lights and the last one out to turn them off. That mentality does not exist here at all. As long as you're doing your job, you have complete autonomy. Also, the leadership here is completely transparent/honest with regards to our wins/losses/momentum/challenges we're facing which is refreshing.

Cons

Accolade only offers transportation benefits to those who take public transportation. I choose to drive into work which causes the tolls/parking to expenses to add up. If you aren't able to allow folks to expense these costs then perhaps open an east side location ;-)

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything constructive to share here. Just keep doing what you're doing as I have complete faith in our mission/vision and the fact that you've been able to be very successful building something similar in your previous company.

2. "Exciting Work, Many opportunities to Experiment and Enhance"

I have been working at Accolade full-time

Pros

Excellent opportunities for beginners, as there is a lot you can learn and experiment.
    Excellent opportunities for experienced developers, as you get to solve some of the rare problems scenarios in the industry

Cons

As the organization is still growing, you need to wear many hats at the same time

3. "Great cause, fun culture, outstanding people."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Accolade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work/life balance, smart/competent people, fun work environment, great connections between offices, and a startup environment with a mature workforce. Vacation, pay, and benefits are competitive with Facebook, Amazon, and Google, but without the drama of working in corporate.

Cons

The sides of the business (health assistants and R&D) can feel isolated from each other without an active outreach.

Advice to Management

Make more opportunities for R&D and health assistants to interact on a 1:1 level.

4. "BI Developer"

Current Employee - BI Developer in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - BI Developer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Accolade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture
    Work on some interesting healthcare data
    Flexible working hours
    Great place to learn if you are a self starter
    Positive team environment

Cons

Growing organization so expect some chaos
    Being a startup there are limited benefits

5. "Accolade is the best place to work!!!"

I have been working at Accolade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing people to work with, great mission, solving healthcare problems, helping people navigate through the healthcare maze. Fantastic leadership!! Raj and mike are amazing leaders!!!

Cons

accolade is competeing against other big companies and so benefits and stock options could be much better. I also think that the lack of an eastside office is hurting good talent from joining accolade

Advice to Management

Keep rocking guys!! You're doing awesome

Aug 20, 2017 – VP of Learning and Talent Management

We believe the culture we are building + our mission+ our amazingly talented employees make Accolade a best place to work and are thrilled that is also your experience. One of the things that makes... More

"Take take take from the health assistants"

Former Employee - Health Assistant in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Health Assistant in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Accolade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits and PTO, oh I take that back- good PTO only if you have been there for some time. They recently took back PTO days for new hires. The maternity leave benefits are great. They give 2-3% raises on a yearly basis.

Cons

Hourly pay, unable to work more than 2 hours overtime. Micromanaging. Metrics are your job review. Call quotas per day that they increase. It's a call center. The have lost so many employees because they are trying to squeeze every cent and ounce of energy from their current employees. They took away bonuses for hourly employees. Supervisors still get bonuses. If you start as a health assistant it's almost impossible to get a promotion out of the call center portion, especially if you work from home full time. No opportunities for advancement in work from home. There are also a lot of rumors about lawsuits for discrimination and fair labor disputes.

Aug 29, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to share this feedback. I’m glad to hear you were pleased with our competitive benefits and generous fully-paid maternity leave. We have big plans of being the best place... More

"Not the company it used to be"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Accolade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers and allowed to work from home. Good compensation.

Cons

Company used to care about its employees and clients it served, now it is all about meeting metrics and getting the next call. Promised benefits such as tuition reimbursement, then changed its mind.

Advice to Management

Stop changing the rules and expectations every month. Ask a arrange of employees for their feedback and follow up with suggestions that may be goof for moral.

Sep 6, 2017

Hello and thanks for taking the time to provide your feedback- this helps us to constantly evolve and improve. While it’s quite challenging to find a perfect way to quantify the magic of what we do... More

8. "Lucky to work here"

I have been working at Accolade full-time

Pros

I've been at Accolade for almost 3 years. During that time, there has been a meaningful amount of change BUT it's been amazing. The amount of innovation, drive, and self awareness as a company is exciting to be part of. With every piece of change, the organization does it's very best to prepare and check in with everyone along the way. I feel confident saying no decision is made in isolation. I feel very luck to be part of what is happening here.

Cons

There are a lot of checkins, review and so forth. For someone that doesn't like to talk about myself - these are not my favorite parts of the job.

Advice to Management

Keep making smart, thoughtful decisions.

Aug 7, 2017 – CEO

And, we feel lucky to have employees like you who come to Accolade and stay because they have a passion for our mission, a real zeal for serving our clients and a dedication to making Accolade an... More

"I like the job but I want to love it!"

Current Employee - Health Assistant in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Health Assistant in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at Accolade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great, caring staff, beautiful building, ability to work from home, opportunities to engage with leadership via surveys, job stability, and the ability to really help people when they need it most

Cons

The major irritation is the constant, never ending change and the never ending feedback (1:1 meetings with supervisor every other week). Things change every single week (literally) and it doesn't feel that there is internal equilibrium.

Advice to Management

I know the goal is to have a health assistant for every American but give your staff a moment to breathe and take it all in before changing. Since I've been on board, it's been a literal whirlwind of change and it's been exhausting.

Aug 20, 2017 – VP of Learning and Talent Management

We also want you to love your job! We know that when our employees are engaged and using their skills and strengths every day that everyone wins - our employees, our clients and Accolade. Change can... More

"Health Assistant"

I worked at Accolade full-time

Pros

friendly teammates, great training, a lot of events (potlucks, baby showers, etc)

Cons

it is difficult to grow in the position.

Aug 20, 2017 – VP of Learning and Talent Management

Opportunities for growth and career development is certainly something we know that our employees are looking for. Over the last 18 months we have introduced a number of new tools, resources and... More