Accolade Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 218 reviews

3.8
Accolade CEO Rajeev Singh
Rajeev Singh
Pros
  • "Company allows employees to have a more flexible schedule with the ability to work from home if needed(in 17 reviews)

• "Smart people who want to work hard to make a difference(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "Starting to feel like more of a call center rather than having the chance to genuinely connect with clients(in 28 reviews)

• "The bonuses were an added incentive for the Health Assistants, who were the heart of the company under our former CEO(in 25 reviews)

1. Great culture, smart caring people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Accolade full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Company mission, career growth, ability to help people and impact lives, very fast paced

Cons

No cons that I can think of

2. Excellent company moving in the right direction

I have been working at Accolade full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Combination of incredible service and technology. Company that really cares about its culture. Company that really helps people and makes the world better. Great opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

Fast moving and demanding - you have to stay sharp and be ready for change.

Advice to Management

Keep working to integrate technology into the service. And keep executing on the pivot, this company is moving in the right direction.

3. Not What They Promise

I worked at Accolade full-time

Pros

Pay is good and training is thorough

Cons

It's just a glorified insurance call center. You aren't actually helping anyone with their health you're just speaking to angry customers who wish they could speak directly to their insurance company.

• Great job

Former Employee - Staff RN

I worked at Accolade for more than 4 years

Pros

Good work ethics and great people

Cons

No cons at this time

Advice to Management

Nonexistent

Health Assistant

Current Employee - Health Assistant

I have been working at Accolade full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

This position is flexible, pays decent, and most of the people are amazing to work with and are supportive. The coworkers are the best part.

Cons

It feels like a call center. There isn’t a lot of time to connect with current clients everything starts to build up. Lots of double standards for people.

Advice to Management

Be more consistent. Do what you promised and stop changing what we agreed upon when being hired. Every leader seems to have their own rule or way of doing things and the employees are the ones who get reprimanded.

• Great People and Work Environment

I have been working at Accolade full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Accolade has pivoted the business and is reinventing the member experience in Healthcare. The mission and team are very inspiring and the company is scaling quickly.

Cons

As with any startup you can expect lofty goals and processes that are being developed as we grow which for some people can be a challenging environment.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the strong talent you already have to drive the great culture that has been created!

• Great Company Learning As They Go

I worked at Accolade full-time

Pros

Great CEO who cares, leadership persons who also work front lines, nice work environment, onsight tech support, and diverse.

Cons

Training felt rushed and crowded, many people did not make it due to inconsistencies and the approach of mass hire/training.

Advice to Management

Keep trying new training styles until you find a method that works for all your people instead of just a few.

Accolade Response

December 26, 2018VP of Learning and Talent Management

Thanks for sharing that advice with us. We are excited by the growth we have seen in our teams and continually are re-visiting our programs and process to make sure that they are relevant and fit our needs.

• Join a Company Re-Inventing the Healthcare Experience

I have been working at Accolade full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Accolade is a fast growing company that has afforded me many opportunities to grow and take on new roles. Although Accolade has been in business for nearly a decade, we are still learning and growing as an organization, which has allowed everyone to take on new responsibilities and "challenge the status quo." If you want to work for a company who values employee ideas and feedback, fosters a collaborative work environment...

Cons

N/A - Accolade is a company that is continuously learning and growing, and adapting in what is an ever-changing healthcare industry.

Advice to Management

Continue to: listen to your employees, keep the consumer front and center with every decision, and foster a community where employees are on board with the incredible mission, values and cultural beliefs that has made Accolade successful since its inception.

Accolade Response

December 26, 2018VP of Learning and Talent Management

Thanks for sharing with others the positives of working at Accolade. As I am sure you have seen we spend a lot of time listening to our employees, accepting the positive feedback and also working hard to address areas of opportunities. As you said, we are continually learning and ...

• Health Assistant In Office and Remote

I worked at Accolade full-time

Pros

Colleagues were really nice and there were some nice free meals during special occasions and holidays. Great PTO.

Cons

Very fast moving and sometimes too much is expected of you, especially in such a fast paced environment. Starting to feel like more of a call center rather than having the chance to genuinely connect with clients.

• Great!

I have been working at Accolade full-time

Pros

I haven’t been here very long, but really enjoy it!

Cons

There are a lot of people who work from home, so being a new hire, it feels kind of empty sometimes!

Found 218 reviews