Accolade Reviews | Glassdoor

3.5
Accolade CEO Rajeev Singh
Rajeev Singh

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Company allows employees to have a more flexible schedule with the ability to work from home if needed" (in 19 reviews)

• "Smart people who want to work hard to make a difference" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "It seem as though in order for a health assistant to be promoted is if they are in a clique with those who are able to influence that promotion" (in 27 reviews)

• "Call-center culture -- They really stress out when you refer to health assistants as workers in a call center" (in 25 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Opportunity to build something amazing!"

I have been working at Accolade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you've never had the opportunity to be at the forefront of creating something very meaningful that will impact millions of people's lives all while working with the latest technologies, this is your chance! I really enjoy the outstanding work/life balance I'm afforded here. I've worked for several organizations where you had to be the first person in to turn on the lights and the last one out to turn them off. That mentality does not exist here at all. As long as you're doing your job, you have complete autonomy. Also, the leadership here is completely transparent/honest with regards to our wins/losses/momentum/challenges we're facing which is refreshing.

Cons

Accolade only offers transportation benefits to those who take public transportation. I choose to drive into work which causes the tolls/parking to expenses to add up. If you aren't able to allow folks to expense these costs then perhaps open an east side location ;-)

Advice to Management

I can't think of anything constructive to share here. Just keep doing what you're doing as I have complete faith in our mission/vision and the fact that you've been able to be very successful building something similar in your previous company.

"Marketing"

Current Employee - Senior Director in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Director in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Accolade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Accolade is a very unique place with a work environment and culture not found in many organizations.

Our focus: reinventing healthcare - is a compelling mission, and our history of combining people and technology to change the way consumers navigate the complexity of the healthcare delivery system means we are all working towards solutions that have real influence on people's everyday lives.

Accolade is also a dynamic, fun, and fast-paced environment. I've been given great opportunities to work on a variety of interesting projects - both big and small.

Best of all: we get it done. Almost every project I've been a part of has been delivered to the market. It's been fun taking ideas and putting them into motion.

Cons

In a rapid growth environment, we all work very hard. Isn't that to be expected though?

Advice to Management

I commend Accolade's leadership in positioning our future with the right balance of business objectives and need to protect and preserve our unique corporate culture.

There is a genuine openness from senior leadership about hearing what the employees are feeling and thinking about our growth and evolution, and I encourage the senior leadership to continue to keep listening. It means a lot and makes the hard work we do everyday all that much more meaningful.

"Inspiring Mission, Challenging Work, Not for Everyone"

I have been working at Accolade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Challenging, interesting, important work
    Autonomous work environment
    Transparency and honesty
    Incredibly smart and driven people
    Good salary
    Healthy environment

Cons

Intense pace, which is great for me but not for everyone
    Growing pains as we balance growth and scale
    Many people don't see or fully embrace the vision of growth and prefer status quo, which causes friction

Advice to Management

Continue focusing on building a diverse workforce
    Continue educating and supporting people around the importance of growth and that we need to support each other and the direction we're going
    Continue transparency and staying visible and open with us around our plans and direction

"The mission and people keep me here!"

I have been working at Accolade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work directly with the executive and senior leadership team and the make up of the team is diverse in backgrounds, skills, and personalities. I enjoy working with all of them. They listen to everyone's voice, and even if there is some delay in response (these are busy people!) they reply. Our CEO writes (internally) stream of consciousness blogs where he lays it all out there and has an open calendar policy, he won't turn you away if you want a 1:1 with him. I believe in the mission and core of what Accolade does and so does the rest of the management team, that means a lot to me when I look for jobs. It is about serving our clients and loving the people we work with!

Cons

We are very powerpoint driven, sometimes I feel like I put more time into creating powerpoint presentation than doing the work I love, but I've given that feedback, and I'm seeing less and less slides being used.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work! The culture you have created and continue to embody is one I will look for in every future job I take.

"Good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Accolade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nice working environment, Good Managers

Cons

Lack of coordination between teams

"Inspired every day by the work that we do - building my career here"

I have been working at Accolade full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Accolade has a startup culture in that we are trying to do huge things to disrupt an industry, on a small budget (and borrowed money from investors). This forces teams to be creative, scrappy, wear many hats, and gives all employees the opportunity to make big changes in the company. Accolade has a flexible work policy (from home/remote), which allows me to put in my best work when I'm most able. Accolade invests in their people and is a place to build a career. Females are represented on the Exec team and at all levels, which I think is rare for a company of this size. We work hard, and have fun.

Cons

We're trying to do some heavy lifting on a small budget. This is a feat, and is felt across employees who are asked to do more with less, and not being monetarily compensated for it.

Advice to Management

Figure out how to raise morale in the Health Assistant center - they are the heart of our company and as we exponentially increase our member population, we are asking them to give a lot more output. Understand that people are more motivated by raises/bonuses and promotions than they are by free snacks, a game room, and happy hours.

7. "Meh"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Accolade full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Trying to make healthcare better, got rid of inept first CEO

Cons

It has been 10 years...my options are going to get their drivers license soon.

Advice to Management

Stop raising money and find a way to make day to day operations fund growth (or get out)

"Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Leader in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Leader in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at Accolade full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company that helps people! I'm a believer

Cons

Employee-centric service delivery added too much to product cost.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. Keep investing in technology to bring this to more people!

"Sr P&C Business Partner"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Business Partner in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Business Partner in Remote, OR

I have been working at Accolade full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Our Mission of reinventing healthcare is exciting and bold. We are true servants in every capacity. Our work is selfless and our team across Accolade changes peoples lives.

Cons

The health care industry is changing by the day. We need to anticipate the market in order to continue as pioneers. If you are not a change advocate this may be a difficult place to work.

"Steward"

I have been working at Accolade full-time

Pros

Salary and Benefits
    Culture and people-the best!
    Rewarding to help others
    Growth

Cons

Change is good but sometimes too much at once!