Accolade "make a difference" Reviews | Glassdoor

Accolade Employee Reviews about "make a difference"

Updated Aug 23, 2019

3.3
Accolade CEO Rajeev Singh
Rajeev Singh
Pros
  • "Company allows employees to have a more flexible schedule with the ability to work from home if needed(in 21 reviews)

• "Great group of people happy to serve and make a difference in the healthcare industry(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's just a glorified insurance call center(in 34 reviews)

• "The bonuses were an added incentive for the Health Assistants, who were the heart of the company under our former CEO(in 26 reviews)

Reviews about "make a difference"

Return to all Reviews

"I love my job and co-workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Accolade full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The company mission is compelling and the culture is second to none. The CEO and senior leaders are available and approachable and are committed to consistent and transparent communication, including sharing both wins and opportunities. We have the privilege of working with smart, caring and creative peers who are all at Accolade for much more than "just a job." You couldn't ask for a better opportunity to make... a difference in the world, while working in a fast-paced, innovative environment.

Cons

We can sometimes try and accomplish too much, though always with good intentions.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing and don't lose focus on the culture or employee experience that you've already created.

Accolade2017-10-10
  2. "Upcoming Engagement Company"

Current Employee - Clinical Lead

I have been working at Accolade full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great group of people happy to serve and make a difference in the healthcare industry.

Cons

Growing causes extra work complexities.

Accolade2019-08-24
  3. "Unparalleled"

Current Intern - Summer in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at Accolade for less than a year

Pros

The people are helpful, kind, and fun to be around. Everyone truly believes that they are working to make a difference. Mangers invest their time in making sure their direct reports are happy and challenged enough. You have the opportunity to learn about other career paths and move laterally within the company. You can work with people at all levels and different locations on multiple projects. Employee... suggestions are valued and put into practice.

Cons

Some really great project ideas get slowed down because we're so focused on "getting it right", which is not the worst thing in the world, by far. Sometimes it's frustrating to wait longer than expected to see a really great project put into action.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on increasing engagement and retaining your employees. Everything else will fall into place if your employees are happy.

Accolade2017-08-28

"Exceeds Expectations"

in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Accolade for less than a year

Pros

Sr Leadership focused on creating a great company culture, and they mean it! Fantastic mission. Smart people who want to work hard to make a difference. Culture of trust and openness.

Cons

Long distance offices makes it harder for a rapidly growing organization to stay in sync

Advice to Management

Keep the momentum!

Accolade2017-01-17

"Senior Software Developer Engineer"

I have been working at Accolade full-time

Pros

Great work-place environment: relax, chill, fun, good work-life balance, flexible schedule, dedicated co-workers, and great leaders. Overall an exciting and satisfying place to work where you know your helping make a difference in people's lives. Everyone gets a long with each other, and likes to have fun (work hard, play harder). Leaders and management listens (and takes actions) on worker's suggestions/feedback.

Cons

Commute to downtown can sometimes be a headache.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and continue to listen to your employees' and customers' feedback.

Accolade2016-09-06

"Great place to work with a great mission"

I have been working at Accolade full-time

Pros

Great culture; priority on hiring a diverse, talented, and dedicated people; Amazing mission. If you are looking for a place to really make a difference this is your company.

Cons

Benefit coverage could be better, new leadership is bringing in great ideas but the company is still in the process of implementing those ideas.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. The changes over the past 8 months have been great and I truly believe in the direction of the company!

Accolade2016-08-20

"Accolade"

Current Employee - Support Team in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at Accolade full-time for more than a year

Pros

Accolade is growing rapidly and there are tons of opportunities to grow in your career. I have awesome coworkers who love what they do and what the company does. I get to make a difference in the healthcare and technology world. The work we do is consistently recognized in fun ways that make people happy and feel respected. New leadership is a welcome change and has revitalized the company.

Cons

If you aren't comfortable with rapid growth, change, or working hard in order to succeed and advance in your career this might not be the place for you. In my opinion people who aren't happy at Accolade aren't willing to work in an environment as described.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on people that are all in and don't pay attention to the naysayers.

Accolade2016-08-04

"Great people who care!"

I have been working at Accolade full-time

Pros

Some of the kindest, most genuine people you'll ever meet work at Accolade. They are also some of the smartest as the interview process ensures we the right talent helping our clients. You feel (and know) you make a difference in people's lives and have a career that makes a positive impact. The culture is great and leadership is open to feedback and always looking for ways to improve.

Cons

So many people working at Accolade give their all to help people that some days can be tiring at the end of the day. However, there is great leadership to back people up and multiple potlucks, fun team contests, and all around great coworkers to help each other out.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Accolade2016-04-20

"Health Assistant"

Current Employee - Health Assistant in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at Accolade full-time

Pros

GREAT JOB, REALLY FEEL APPRECIATED EVERYDAY AND IT FEELS GREAT TO BE ABLE TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN EACH INDIVIDUALS LIFE. VERY NICE WORK ENVIRONMENT AND VERY GOOD BENEFITS

Cons

The only con that i can think of is more diversity. It seems that the company is looking to change that and have started that process. I would like to see more leaders that are indeed african american

Advice to Management

i think that management is doing a great job but i think that one thing that can be fixed is the consistency and the willingness to accept and apply feedback

Accolade2015-12-11

"CHA"

Current Employee - Cha

I have been working at Accolade full-time

Pros

Accolade is something different. As a nurse I am able to enter the world of my client and make a difference in their life. I take the best of my hospital background, mix it with the best of my home are background, and what comes out is my Accolade experience for my clients.

Cons

This is not an easy career. Being sombodys person can be emotionally taxing. The volume of clients can also seem overwhelming at times if you are doing things right. Because when you meet a client where they are at, they will reach back in need and want to work with you as a person. Times that by 1000 and divide your day. It's a lot, but worth it.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in us. You have done a great job so far but work with all your soul to keep the investment! We are worth it and it will pay off. Do not loose the culture through the growth.

Accolade2015-12-15