Accolo Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
John Younger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Wonderful place to work"

Pros

The people are amazing! It's so relaxed and supportive to work there. I had good relationships with everyone there and management is more transparent here than anywhere I've worked. The platform is amazing and the recruiters are top notch; you'd be lucky to work here :)

Cons

A touch chaotic, there have been a lot of changes in the recent past which is stressful. Most people are remote which makes sense business wise but affects a sense of team unity since I never met most people.

"This place is a joke!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Accolo (More than a year)

Pros

A few of my co-workers, otherwise NOTHING.

Cons

Low, low pay (as in, I'm now making $40K more than when I worked there for the same role). I'm not sure how this company stays in business based on it's high turnover, terrible management and treatment of both its employees and its contractors.

"Actions speak louder than words"

Former Employee - Client Manager
    Former Employee - Client Manager

I worked at Accolo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance

Flexible hours

Platform and job postings used to make recruiting easier for lower level jobs

Benefits used to be above average

Cons

Business Model

Lack of quality control with majority of recruiters

Spin out of technology into separate company and creation of two different companies led to lack of focus and loss of key people

Leadership not in touch with market reality

Advice to Management

Stop using people, be honest and admit the vision is flawed

"Great for part-timers"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

Pros

Part-time work, exposure to broad range of companies and styles

Cons

Wildly sporadic utilization rates; unexpected pay freezes; revolving door for management and sales leadership. To wit, Glassdoor lists Luis Rivera as CEO. That was two CEOs ago! Unbelievable. I don't blame Glassdoor. It's hard to keep up with the changes over there, even when you work for them.

Advice to Management

Get it together. 15 years and still no profit, and pay freezes. Embarrassing.

5. "accountant"

Former Employee - Accountant in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Accountant in San Francisco, CA

Pros

flexible schedule. Co-workers are nice out there. And the environment is cozy. We are free coffees and milks and drinks in the kitchen.

Cons

don't have a support team. Also, we don't have the set days to get our salaries. Also, the training is online, so it is kind of confusing to me

"Product Support Speacilist"

I worked at Accolo full-time

Pros

Small Company located in Marin. Overall great Staff and great people to work with. The people here is the best part of the company.

Cons

High turnaround rate. People seem to cycle in and out of this company during my time. Overall a bit of unorganized and not a clear path to career growth.

"I can't recommend working at Accolo"

I worked at Accolo full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was given a number of opportunities to learn and tackle new projects. I learned quite a bit and made some connections that I'm sure will last and be useful to me in the future.

Cons

To be honest, Accolo isn't a place that is willing to change. It is stuck in the past - in terms of recruiting strategy and pay. The management is very top down with little value placed on individual contributors, though on the surface they appear to. I was condescended to, ignored, and accused of many things at different times throughout my time there. I don't believe that the company will succeed in the future - there's enough turnover in employees to keep rebuilding process from the beginning. They're barely holding everything together and they'll pay you way below market rate for a ton of work. They'll promise raises and promotions but never deliver. It's honestly sad.

Advice to Management

If you pay your employees well and respect them for their abilities, wins, and strengths, you'll go far.

"Great place to learn, a bit chaotic"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Larkspur, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Larkspur, CA

I worked at Accolo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good learning opportunities, laid back culture. A chance to try out a lot of areas. Former CEO (John Younger) was a great guy.

Cons

Lack of stability. There was a lot of turnover while I was there, and it appears quite a bit since I left.

Advice to Management

Plan more strategically so the company isn't always operating in 'crisis' mode (though this may have changed - it's been nearly 3 years since I've been there)

"Amazing CEO at the time, great teammates, lots of excitement, and opportunity."

Former Employee - Business Development in Larkspur, CA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Larkspur, CA

I worked at Accolo full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nerf gun fights, Marin Brew Co lunches, team-building internally, and transparency was #1. Laid-back for most part, and business was growing steadily, so there was room to make serious money.

Cons

Leadership - upper management that drove some people too far in some depts., driving away great talent. That may have been corrected.

Advice to Management

Never forget that your best people are your best people, keep the company transparency, and maybe establish more cohesive culture.

"Super fun place that had been neglected until recently."

Pros

Great people who like to work hard and have fun. The location is great assuming you live in Marin. You will learn a lot and have the opportunity to progress quickly in your career. Company has the typical perks like free snacks and drinks.

Cons

Pay is not perfect but company is improving. Company has been growing and the amount of conference rooms is no longer enough.

Advice to Management

John is a great idea man and he is a perfect chairman. Luis is a great leader and should be involved in both hire mojo and RPO. Ray is a good guy but can be demoralizing at times and is not modern enough in his thinking.