Accord Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Accord Group Reviews

Updated Jan 15, 2020

4.4
Accord Group CEO Dustin Doll (no image)
Dustin Doll
  1. "Finally a place I can feel at home!"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in Lees Summit, MO

I have been working at Accord Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people are so genuine with great character. This company truly cares about me even after they have grown 20% + year after year. Most companies lose touch on what's important. The leadership team here works hard to make sure that the bigger the company gets, the MORE important you are. Plus, they truly want to help me reach my goals both career and personal. From the CEO, Dustin Doll and throughout the company and field/branch offices, the people here DO what they SAY they will do. No company's perfect, but they will actually admit when things are going well and then everyone dives in like a team to fix it. I've worked for some great companies over the years, but Accord Group is one of a kind and out there ahead of the rest when it comes to business growth, opportunity and helping me be the best me possible.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep caring about people as you grow. So far, you're killing it!

Accord Group2020-01-15
  2. "Great team environment!"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant

I have been working at Accord Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone works hard and has each other's back. Lots of opportunities for personal and professional growth through challenging work and accountability. Culture is very important to leadership, and company values are held high.

Cons

Fast growth has created some challenges with internal processes and clear roles and responsibilities.

Accord Group2020-01-15
  3. "Great culture from the top-down!"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Accord Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They have a great culture that makes you feel welcome and valued. The leadership has cultivated an environment that allows you to have input in meetings, that way no idea is ever overlooked. They specifically and continually ask new hires to come in and give feedback because they have a clear perspective, which shows the humility of the leadership team. Haven't worked for a place that has a culture quite like Accord.

Cons

Pains of a growing company are relevant but improving. They are taking steps to improve succession management and teammate experience.

Advice to Management

Continue to find ways to define R&R and allow people to move up within the company. More PTO too.

Accord Group2020-01-07
  4. "Great place to work with a great atmosphere"

Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Accord Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love my coworkers and manager. I love what I do. I haven't had a job where I actually enjoy waking up in the morning. The company is growing at a fast rate and we are generating more jobs and profit, which I can't say for a lot of companies right now.

Cons

PTO needs to be improved for corporate employees but leadership is looking into new and better benefits. The company is growing so fast it gets hard to stay up to date and organized as a whole.

Advice to Management

Continue to be kind and honest. I'd love to get more face to face time with leadership.

Accord Group2020-01-06
  5. "Excellent company to work for!"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in Lees Summit, MO

I have been working at Accord Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

They treat you with respect and create a safe work space.

Cons

Sometimes you're asked to take on more work with an already full schedule. I would like to see more money for the extra work I'm doing.

Advice to Management

If a new project is assigned to an employee, there needs to be an incentive. A reward or bonus would justify the extra stress.

Accord Group2019-12-11
  6. "Great Culture"

Current Employee - General Manager in Lees Summit, MO

I have been working at Accord Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Accord is a company where you know that everyone from the CEO on down, truly cares about you as a person.

Cons

The company headquarters is located in Lee's Summit, MO. Living on the other side of the city, I have a considerable commute to work each day.

Advice to Management

Continue to take care of your people and they will take care of the business.

Accord Group2019-12-11
  7. "$ALES, $ALES, $ALES!"

Current Employee - Sales Project Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Accord Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive atmosphere Great pay per job Amazing leadership Flexible schedule Build your own business Company that cares about “you” not just the numbers

Cons

Weekends, evenings, long hours Dealing with insurance companies

8. "Awesome"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Accord Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Make my own schedule, provide for my family, the people I work with are family, helping people

Cons

I know we are sales generated but, I feel sometimes that the numbers push is more important than the customer service

9. "Could be better"

Current Employee - Unknown in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Accord Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits and retirement package is good

Cons

Work life balance can be a challenge and the opportunity to work remotely is not encouraged

Advice to Management

Treat others the way you want to be treated - too often I feel, and I know others feel the same, that we are all dispensable and easily replaced Give credit where credit is due - utilizing the experience and knowledge of long term employees for making the business better, AND give credit Reimbursement for cell phone bill - 90% of my calls are work related Reimbursement for internet - to be able to work remotely - would be effective PM's need a gas allowance - gas would at least help to get and sell PM's need tablets - would be extremely helpful in the field Add a form(ie. Final Invoice) in each job in JN as a checklist, accessories, protection of h/o property, and for writing estimates Develop more career opportunities - Training Team for field and back office Talking to others with disrespect should not be tolerated - borderline hostile workplace Culture & Values are not being followed - management needs to see this and encourage and correct others when needed Not sure if I would recommend a friend to work here - seems to be a lot of partiality going on Save money on a bigger office - promote working remotely with webinars, video conferences and alike

Accord Group2019-12-12
  10. "Great job"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Accord Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

How hard I work is directly reflected in my checks

Cons

Need more systems in place that help with the overwhelming paperwork. The more deals I sign and get bought, the more paperwork i have. I work almost 84 hours a week 7 days a week, because I'm good at what I do and it gets very hard to keep up my pace and stay motivated, when i have no time to enjoy my rewards.

Advice to Management

Make more cheat sheets for new reps to have., so they can refer to them when needed.

Found 21 reviews