KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Accord Group Reviews

Updated Aug 29, 2022

Found 79 of over 90 reviews

3.7
Accord Group CEO Dustin Doll (no image)
Dustin Doll

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "I truly believe the leadership team does want the best for their people.(in 7 reviews)
  • "The leadership team here works hard to make sure that the bigger the company gets, the MORE important you are.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Good money and autonomy until a forced structure changed caused everyone to lose their position and employment with the company.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Everyone is ecstatic to see each other, and they welcome new hires with open arms.(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "Don’t expect management to hold themselves accountable for their mistakes.(in 5 reviews)
  • "never know what to expect, from different manager experiences, to different system changes every year, expectations go from one thing to another(in 3 reviews)
  • "The favoritism is blatant(in 3 reviews)
  • "I did two houses on a cul de sac and I was the only project manager working in this small community only to find out that the neighbor called the number on the sign in one of my customer’s yard and the lead was given to another project manager.(in 2 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

If you are good at sales this is where you should be!

Aug 29, 2022 - Project Manager in North Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

-While you do have metrics to hit just like anywhere else, you still control your own schedule so you can work around what you need to. -It does require a lot of work during warmer months of the year, that being said if you work when you need to then you also get about 3 months of being 90% off and the other 10% is only sending paperwork that you can do from the comfort of your house. -You can make large amounts of money here and still have 3 months mostly off, have not found anywhere else you can do that. -Great people, the company wants to see you do well and will let you set your own reasonable goal, if you only want to make 60K a year then that is what they will manage you to, if you want to make 130K a year then they will manage you to that expectation.

Cons

- Door Knocking, most do not like it, but it is a necessary part of the job, this is how you help people. - Delayed paycheck, when the company gets paid you get paid but sometimes this process can last a couple of months until the final check comes through.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work

Jun 7, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great money, they promote from within and encourage growth and want to see you succeed.

Cons

Not really cons, if sales is for you this is the place you want to work.

3. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Life Changing Experience

Apr 29, 2022 - Project Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Accord Group changed my life. They helped me discover gifts that had been locked up for years. I am a better man because of this company. I would not be where I am today if it were not for my manager and leadership fighting for my growth and helping me unlock the potential deep inside of me and once it was unlocked I climbed the sales board and became #1. Many of the previous reviews are negative. The past year was a very difficult year for the company. Mistakes were made by many different people and departments within the company. However they admitted when they made mistakes and did what they could do to fix the problems. As for the people saying the company is not paying, I would like to point out when I chose to leave they sat me down and explained that I would be forfeiting my commission of the jobs that have not been processed. They explained the pros and cons of my leaving or staying, and in hind sight I can see they had my best interest in mind. Even though I did not leave well and said things I should not have due to the frustrations of errors that were made by me and the company. I was even offered my job back, and in our communications they have been very reasonable and fair and have went above and beyond my expectations. Accord Group changed my life! I would recommend this company to anyone. Thanks Mike Hall, Dustin Doll, and Randon Kent for believing in me and not giving up on me so that I could be remarkable when I was at Accord Group and after I left Accord Group!

Cons

See above comment listing the pros and cons.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not great

May 29, 2022 - Project Manager in Cedar Rapids, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Schedule was open Like to have fun Work was enjoyable

Cons

They stopped paying people commissions

5. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great Opportunity to Learn New Things

Feb 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Accord works within a very niche market that is active and growing. Overall, my time spent there allowed for extreme personal growth. I am thankful for the time the leadership put in to mentor and support my skill development.

Cons

The pandemic led to extreme challenges that all companies face. Accord fought hard to stay ahead of these challenges.

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Nice People

Mar 4, 2022 - Marketing Coordinator in Lees Summit, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

• Invested In Employees • Work From Home Potential

Cons

• Bad Corporate Structure / Chain • Lack Of Communication

7. 2.0
    Former Employee

High pressure to sell and 7 day work week expectations

Feb 17, 2022 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Coworkers are nice and one of the few good things about working here is the people you’ll meet

Cons

High pressure to sell and self generate leads via door knocking and reaching out to family and friends for potential sales. This is part of the job of course just was not very enjoyable, people yell at you when they answer the door. Flip you off etc.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Place to Work

Jan 31, 2022 - Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility in calendar Culture Overall experience in managers

Cons

Sales leads aren't provided but after 45 days didn't seem to matter too much.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee

Ok company

Jan 14, 2022 - Construction Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Allot of freedom with this job. Chances to meet new people daily and help allot of them move on from a life changing event.

Cons

Pay, job scope accuracy. Allot of travel time as well.

Accord Group Response

Manager

We strive to do the best we can to be remarkable. Thank you for taking the time to give us this feedback - we are always open to making adjustments and considering the input of others. Unfortunately the field program you were a part of is no longer going on but the advice you've given is still very relevant.

10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Seek employment elsewhere

Dec 28, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

You make your own schedule!

Cons

This review has been a long time coming…now that I have been removed from the experience for over a year now, I think I have gotten over the experience enough to write about it. First things first, from what I was told there have been a lot of changes since I left but I can only review my personal experience. With that said… Dustin Doll is the CEO. I have had minimal but meaningful interactions with him. This isn’t a con because he seemed so passionate and optimistic about the company that it made me hopeful. One of the core values that he emphasizes in his company is integrity and one of my most appalling realizations was that his managers/direct reports and some of my peers were totally lacking in integrity. That was my greatest disappointment. If you have integrity this is not the place for you. At all. You will actually be made to feel out of place if you have any integrity. If you are looking for a job with even a modicum of professionalism and civility, this is not the place for you. I was horrified at how unprofessional everything was. From the processes in general-training, sales, day of build activities, to communication, and general office culture. Don’t expect deadlines to be honored. Don’t expect things to be done in a timely fashion. Don’t expect management to hold themselves accountable for their mistakes. With this job, you get paid when your customer pays you. It was not at all unusual to have a simple problem repair go unattended for MONTHS therefore delaying your pay. Management always had an excuse of why they didn’t or couldn’t dispatch anyone to resolve the repair. It was embarrassing in terms of how it makes you look to your customers. You won’t have access to basic needs to run your business-like printing paper. Printing paper would be locked up to prevent people from “stealing”. Super toxic office culture with certain employees spreading their toxicity-temper tantrums, outbursts, yelling and berating other project managers and office members, throwing things at people were tolerated. It made for general unease in the office and felt unsafe at times. Horrifically sexist comments made during team meetings referring to women in very offensive terms, to racist jokes in work text messages…this is not the place to be a minority and/or a woman. I was given the feedback that while my concerns are valid, it upsets others as that is just the way things are. Disgusting. If you are looking to make money, I almost lost my shirt doing this job. I made less than $20k my first year and I did the company minimum of $400k in sales. There are some who make a lot of money but there is a high probability that you won’t even make enough to pay your cell phone bill each month. Be wary. Again, that was back in 2019. Hopefully this has changed and the company has made adjustments to their pay structure. I can’t say that management was incompetent but they were just unresponsive and didn’t seem concerned with actually managing. I have never experienced such a lack of support from management. As a new person who had no knowledge of roofs aside from being able to identify one, it was a super steep learning curve in which I lost a lot of potential revenue because I didn’t know what I was doing and thought I had support that wasn’t there. Example-I made $19 commission on a roof. I had no idea why I made so little and was totally perplexed. I spoke to my manager and he merely said, “that was an expensive project.” Why??? What made this project expensive? What could I have done differently to make more than $19? I had a build one weekend and needed a last minute purchase from Loews and since I was broke, I needed the company card. My manager had his phone turned off as weekends were “family time”. One of my peers called me and gave me the same feedback that everyone always had: Don’t ask him for any help. You can’t rely on him at all. I learned that the hard way. Numerous times. There are many other examples but this was just mind blowing as it is an expectation that we work weekends, so I had to show you how far the hypocrisy goes. The favoritism was just egregious. Meritocracy was overruled by nepotism and it set a really bad precedent to us newbies and the more seasoned employees who weren’t company favorites. I did two houses on a cul de sac and I was the only project manager working in this small community only to find out that the neighbor called the number on the sign in one of my customer’s yard and the lead was given to another project manager. I was confused when the homeowner approached me asking why no one showed up as I didn’t even know he called the office. It was unprofessional and embarrassing. When I left and had an interview for my next job they very conveniently asked me, “When was the last time you were in a challenging work environment?” Thank you, Accord Group for helping me nail that interview.

5 people found this review helpful

Accord Group Response

Manager

Though it is a lofty one, our mission is to create positively remarkable experiences for teammates and customers! It is clear from your review here that we did not live up to our mission in regard to your experience with us. We have been improvising and adapting weekly, monthly and even company wide in order to overcome real challenges that we face in delivering on our mission of creating positively remarkable experiences to both teammate employees and to our customers. Frankly, this is one of the things I dislike most about anonymous reviews online. We’d love to be able to reply with more specificity to your concerns to show you our commitment to our mission. Also, If we understood who left this review, we could provide relevant information that might provide context/another side to these accusations that could add context to the situation you are referring to. Nonetheless, we are glad to hear you are doing well, and we appreciate the feedback. Though this feedback is not fun to hear, it motivates us to continue to improvise, adapt and overcome in order to better deliver on our mission to create positively remarkable experiences for all teammates! Please feel free to reach out directly to me to provide more context or if there is anything you need. Sincerely, Dustin

Viewing 1 - 10 of 79 Reviews

Accord Group Reviews FAQs

Accord Group has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 90 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Accord Group to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Accord Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Accord Group. This rating has improved by 12% over the last 12 months.

67% of Accord Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Accord Group 3.4 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.8 for culture and values and 3.6 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Accord Group to be culture, senior leadership, career development and the cons to be compensation, benefits, management.

Popular Careers with Accord Group Job Seekers