Accord Group Reviews
70% would recommend to a friend
(86 total reviews)
67% approve of CEO
Found 86 of over 98 reviews
Updated Oct 25, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Leadership Team is great and always looking for ways to improve processes and customer/employee experience." (in 6 reviews)
- "Travel, safety, great money, good people" (in 6 reviews)
- "I had great coworkers." (in 4 reviews)
- "Good money and autonomy until a forced structure changed caused everyone to lose their position and employment with the company." (in 3 reviews)
- "Benefits and retirement package is good" (in 3 reviews)
- "Don’t expect management to hold themselves accountable for their mistakes." (in 5 reviews)
- "never know what to expect, from different manager experiences, to different system changes every year, expectations go from one thing to another" (in 3 reviews)
- "The favoritism was just egregious." (in 3 reviews)
- "I did two houses on a cul de sac and I was the only project manager working in this small community only to find out that the neighbor called the number on the sign in one of my customer’s yard and the lead was given to another project manager." (in 2 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Accord Group and is not affected by filters.
- 5.0Aug 16, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, more than 5 years
I have not been at a company that has focused more on the personal as well as professional growth of their employees.
If you don't enjoy being challenged to step out of what you are comfortable with, this company is not for you.1
- 5.0Aug 18, 2023General ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 10 yearsLees Summit, MO
Team work, problem solving, customer service
If you don’t like challenge, competition, and being rewarded for what you create, not for just “showing up” this may not be the best fit.
- 5.0Apr 29, 2022Project ManagerFormer Employee, more than 1 yearKansas City, MO
Accord Group changed my life. They helped me discover gifts that had been locked up for years. I am a better man because of this company. I would not be where I am today if it were not for my manager and leadership fighting for my growth and helping me unlock the potential deep inside of me and once it was unlocked I climbed the sales board and became #1. Many of the previous reviews are negative. The past year was a very difficult year for the company. Mistakes were made by many different people and departments within the company. However they admitted when they made mistakes and did what they could do to fix the problems. As for the people saying the company is not paying, I would like to point out when I chose to leave they sat me down and explained that I would be forfeiting my commission of the jobs that have not been processed. They explained the pros and cons of my leaving or staying, and in hind sight I can see they had my best interest in mind. Even though I did not leave well and said things I should not have due to the frustrations of errors that were made by me and the company. I was even offered my job back, and in our communications they have been very reasonable and fair and have went above and beyond my expectations. Accord Group changed my life! I would recommend this company to anyone. Thanks Mike Hall, Dustin Doll, and Randon Kent for believing in me and not giving up on me so that I could be remarkable when I was at Accord Group and after I left Accord Group!
See above comment listing the pros and cons.1
- 5.0Aug 29, 2022Project ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearNorth Kansas City, MO
-While you do have metrics to hit just like anywhere else, you still control your own schedule so you can work around what you need to. -It does require a lot of work during warmer months of the year, that being said if you work when you need to then you also get about 3 months of being 90% off and the other 10% is only sending paperwork that you can do from the comfort of your house. -You can make large amounts of money here and still have 3 months mostly off, have not found anywhere else you can do that. -Great people, the company wants to see you do well and will let you set your own reasonable goal, if you only want to make 60K a year then that is what they will manage you to, if you want to make 130K a year then they will manage you to that expectation.
- Door Knocking, most do not like it, but it is a necessary part of the job, this is how you help people. - Delayed paycheck, when the company gets paid you get paid but sometimes this process can last a couple of months until the final check comes through.
- 2.0Jul 6, 2023Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
I had great coworkers. My position had no OT.
Huge disconnect between execs and staff. Good ol boys club. Lack of training and needed supplies. Constant change blamed on growth instead of the actual disorganization and lacknof forethought.4
- 1.0Jul 24, 2023Project ManagerFormer Employee, less than 1 yearLees Summit, MO
It was all an illusion. There aren't any pros.
Self serving management team that says one thing and does the other.3
- 5.0Jun 29, 2021ManagerCurrent Employee, more than 8 yearsLees Summit, MO
I have learned so much while working at Accord and I am grateful for my time here. One of the greatest thing I have learned is an attitude of continual learning and improving. The leadership team and many teammates continue to learn and improve Accord. It is obvious Accord and its leadership team have an ultimate purpose of creating remarkable experiences for all stakeholders and living by the company values of humility, golden rule, discipline and integrity. This continual learning and strong desire to provide remarkable experiences and opportunities has lead to many good changes. Change is hard even if it is good change. When change occurs, people decide if they are committed to the change and direction. Some decide to commit and some don’t. The folks who do not commit move on and that’s perfectly fine, especially when they do it the right way. We wish them the best. Thank you to Accord for all it has done for me and my family. I am a better person because I work here.
Hanging on to people too long due to a very high sense of loyalty to teammates even when someone is a poor teammate. These changes have been made. Now it is refreshing to see great teammates working as one team!Accord Group Response3y
Thank you for your review, it is helpful for us to understand how we are making an impact both good and bad. We are happy to hear we are making a positive impact for you.
- 5.0Jun 25, 2021Inside OperationsCurrent EmployeeKansas City, MO
Culture, the people I work with are fun and hard working. My manager, she really cares about me and helps me to understand my role. I also enjoy knowing other people on other teams. The leadership team is great. They're always available to me when I need them to be. I like the hours. In my role I don't work weekends and have a great 7-4 schedule.
I can't say that I have a lot of cons. It was hard last year with COVID feeling as connected to people but we got through. We worked from home and I felt lucky that we didn't lay anyone off. There was always work to be done. We have had several very negative employees who are hurting our culture and gossiping about people. A few have left but I wish leadership would get rid of the rest of these people faster. Someone spent their last few weeks showing a picture of the titanic saying it represented our company and it was going down. It was hard to see this. Our management was kind to her and should have kicked her out.Accord Group Response3y
Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. I want to apologize for what you're experiencing (experienced) and encourage you to meet with your manager or any member of the leadership team so that we can work through this, if it is still happening. Our philosophy is that we want people to gossip 'up' so that they give the information to someone who can actually do something about this issue. This doesn't always happen and you're right, it hurts our culture. We learned about the 'titanic' situation after that individual left and were very disappointed to hear about it. We appreciate that you took the time to share and again apologize that it impacted your work environment. #onwardandupward
Accord Group Reviews FAQs
Accord Group has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 98 reviews left anonymously by employees. 70% of employees would recommend working at Accord Group to a friend and 61% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
70% of Accord Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Accord Group 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.