KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Accord Group Reviews

Updated Nov 17, 2021

Found 68 of over 73 reviews

3.4
Accord Group CEO Dustin Doll (no image)
Dustin Doll
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work

Aug 21, 2021 - Mid Level Management in Lees Summit, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Everything is very fast paced and implemented quickly!

Cons

Doing too much at one time can burn out employees. Also, pay for entry level positions is too low for the new market in 2021.

Manager

Thank you for your feedback! We too want to make sure we're competitive in our pay and benefits. We are currently interviewing outside compensation experts to help us develop a top notch compensation plan. It will take some time but we know it will be worth it! Kelly Chamberlain Director of Talent and HR

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Grateful and life changing.

Jun 29, 2021 - Manager in Lees Summit, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have learned so much while working at Accord and I am grateful for my time here. One of the greatest thing I have learned is an attitude of continual learning and improving. The leadership team and many teammates continue to learn and improve Accord. It is obvious Accord and its leadership team have an ultimate purpose of creating remarkable experiences for all stakeholders and living by the company values of humility, golden rule, discipline and integrity. This continual learning and strong desire to provide remarkable experiences and opportunities has lead to many good changes. Change is hard even if it is good change. When change occurs, people decide if they are committed to the change and direction. Some decide to commit and some don’t. The folks who do not commit move on and that’s perfectly fine, especially when they do it the right way. We wish them the best. Thank you to Accord for all it has done for me and my family. I am a better person because I work here.

Cons

Hanging on to people too long due to a very high sense of loyalty to teammates even when someone is a poor teammate. These changes have been made. Now it is refreshing to see great teammates working as one team!

Manager

Thank you for your review, it is helpful for us to understand how we are making an impact both good and bad. We are happy to hear we are making a positive impact for you.

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

If your not MGMT, you don’t matter

Nov 17, 2021 - Billing Specialist in Lees Summit, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Waited to see if there were pros, didn’t see any. 1 of many reasons for leaving.

Cons

Extremely low pay(even if you have experience) , the position itself was very tedious and training was minimal. Managers will argue with each other right in front of you and it’s uncomfortable. It’s very corporate driven so your work ethic WILL be overlooked.

Manager

We regret that you were disappointed with your experience while working here. As you know, our mission is to provide positively remarkable experiences. Although admittedly it is a lofty goal and likely we will not be able to accomplish it with every interaction, with every person every time, we are still passionate about doing everything within our power to accomplish this mission. I encourage you to call me or email me directly at wecare@roofally.com and we will talk through it. It would be helpful to have more details on the things you've mentioned. Without them it's very difficult to address these issues and we both share a common goal of wanting to ensure they're addressed. I hope you will contact me soon. Sincerely, Dustin Doll, CEO

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

I love my job and appreciate the culture

Jun 25, 2021 - Inside Operations in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture, the people I work with are fun and hard working. My manager, she really cares about me and helps me to understand my role. I also enjoy knowing other people on other teams. The leadership team is great. They're always available to me when I need them to be. I like the hours. In my role I don't work weekends and have a great 7-4 schedule.

Cons

I can't say that I have a lot of cons. It was hard last year with COVID feeling as connected to people but we got through. We worked from home and I felt lucky that we didn't lay anyone off. There was always work to be done. We have had several very negative employees who are hurting our culture and gossiping about people. A few have left but I wish leadership would get rid of the rest of these people faster. Someone spent their last few weeks showing a picture of the titanic saying it represented our company and it was going down. It was hard to see this. Our management was kind to her and should have kicked her out.

Manager

Thank you for your review and for sharing your experience. I want to apologize for what you're experiencing (experienced) and encourage you to meet with your manager or any member of the leadership team so that we can work through this, if it is still happening. Our philosophy is that we want people to gossip 'up' so that they give the information to someone who can actually do something about this issue. This doesn't always happen and you're right, it hurts our culture. We learned about the 'titanic' situation after that individual left and were very disappointed to hear about it. We appreciate that you took the time to share and again apologize that it impacted your work environment. #onwardandupward

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

👎

Nov 4, 2021 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

zero, none, don’t work here

Cons

So for the most part, I stayed pretty quiet about my recent work changes & financial issues around it. I worked for Accord Group/DHI Roofing for over 8 years. I started with them in 2013 & from that point, moved around all over the country with them selling & managing exterior restoration projects. Due to some pretty major changes within the structure of the organization, and some major issues with my pay not only being cut in half, but even the shorted pay not coming through in a timely manner…I finally blew up about it back in July & was ”terminated”. My commission pay still owed to me was over $40k. At the point I left, I was the oldest, most experienced rep in the company still left. All the other guys I worked with for all those years had already left due to all the changes. The owner assured me upon my departure after threats of getting a lawyer involved, that they would “honor their contractual obligations as they always do”. Well here we are 4 months later, and not a peep from any of my old higher-up’s about any money coming, any plan, any reasoning, any update, anyTHING. So I guess you could imagine how financially straining it’s been on me when I’m short over $40k that should have been in my account. And having to start over with a new company to build up business again to just try & get by in the meantime. So at this point, I’m done respecting Mr. Dustin Doll’s wishes to have a “peaceful departure”. You’ve shown me enough that you could care less about how I feed myself & my children. So I’m gonna do what I have to do at this point.

Manager

As you know from your many years of service, our mission is to provide positively remarkable experiences. Although admittedly it is a lofty goal and likely we will not be able to accomplish with every interaction with every person every time, we are still passionate about doing everything within our power to accomplish this mission. We have found that many times a lack of communication typically is the foundation for the shortcoming we have in creating remarkable experiences. Sometimes it’s easy to think that there isn’t a real person, real families with good intentions behind a company. In this case we have the best of intentions want to do our best to understand your perspective to see if we can find a resolution. We've attempted to talk with you a couple times about this and we're willing to keep trying. I encourage you to call me or email me directly at wecare@roofally.com and we will talk through it. Sincerely, Dustin Doll, CEO

6. 1.0

Run

Nov 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They're too busy trying to figure out what they're doing to notice what you're doing.

Cons

They gathered everyone in a small room (during covid) then randomly tapped people on the shoulders to pull our. Those people were then fired. They said it wasn't personal, just business.

Manager

Our mission is to provide positively remarkable experiences. Although admittedly it is a lofty goal and likely we will not be able to accomplish it with every interaction or with every person every time, we are still passionate about doing everything within our power to accomplish this mission. We recently had to reduce our workforce. After 20 months of a national pandemic we feel fortunate that we were able to hold off for so long. Difficult decisions are not ones that are taken lightly. Sometimes it’s easy to think that there isn’t a real person, real families with good intentions behind a company. In this case we have the best of intentions and want to do our best to understand your perspective. I encourage you to call me or email me directly at wecare@roofally.com and we will talk through it. We're open to the feedback. Sincerely, Dustin Doll, CEO

7. 5.0

Winning Atmosphere

Jun 25, 2021 - Sales Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Outstanding leadership at all levels of the organization. Company constantly adapting and evolving to overcome industry changes. Company restructured to ensure individual and organizational growth. Company does not shy away from their commitment to the goal of the team to be the number one storm restoration company in the industry. Which will allow and has allowed massive opportunity to advance your career. I have never worked for an organization more committed to the success of each individual and over all company. Recent restructured changes over the last year has allowed our company to locate and eradicate low quality teammates and producers.

Cons

This job is not for everyone! You have to be willing to work hard, maintain a positive attitude and overcome challenges. If you are lazy, have a poor mindset, low integrity or unwilling to do what you say you are going to do, then this company is not for you.

1 person found this review helpful

Manager

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. We take all feedback seriously and appreciate your comments!

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Outstanding People always trying to improve

Jun 25, 2021 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company is always willing to adapt and overcome to maintain our status as one of the leaders in the industry with a goal to be the best.

Cons

Not for the weak minded or weak hearted. Takes hard work to be the best or leader in anything and make over 6 figures. But for driven motivated hungry people the opportunity is endless with this organization.

1 person found this review helpful

Manager

Thank you for your comments. We value hard work and believe in our core values. Thank you for your commitment to our growing company!

9. 4.0

Freedom within the Framework

Aug 14, 2021 - Project Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of freedom, great people that care about your success, support systems and training to ensure success, and the flexibility to live life.

Cons

Lots of transition and turnover as people are "sold" on the job instead of them naturally buying in.

Manager

Thank you for submitting your feedback, we genuinely appreciate it. We know the company restructure has been difficult and it is impacting many individuals. We're working through our new processes diligently, every day, and have dedicated teammates, such as yourself, trying, failing, learning and trying again to ensure we get it right. We ask for your patience and grace while we get right. Because we will get it right! If you have suggestions for recruiting please get in touch with our recruiting team. We're always open for feedback and suggestions. It doesn't sound like you had a good experience so we're open to learning what we can do better. Thank you for all that you do!

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Not a place a want to be at long term

Aug 21, 2021 - Administration Assistant in Lees Summit, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

The Human resources have very kind and understanding

Cons

They dont want to give raises joke about hiring people for cheap. They push large amounts of work on you and never say please or thank you. Not a friendly admin department.

3 people found this review helpful

Manager

Thank you for submitting your feedback to us. It is difficult to address your concerns with such little detail and not knowing who you are but there is always an open door to discuss concerns if you'd like to do that. Please feel free to reach out to via workchat, email or come by my office to talk. Kelly Chamberlain Director of Talent and HR

Viewing 1 - 10 of 68 Reviews