Accountemps Reviews | Glassdoor

Accountemps Reviews

Updated July 14, 2017

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Accountemps Chairman and CEO Max Messmer Jr.
Max Messmer Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great company - opinion is always heard (in 13 reviews)

• Working in this Division of the company, a person is a full time employee with all of the benefits that are included for regular employees (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Temp-to-hire could last anywhere from a couple weeks to many months (in 13 reviews)

• Low pay & very little follow up by recruiters once placed (in 18 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Temp in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Temp in Irvine, CA

I worked at Accountemps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Always offering work. I was offered a job within a day of being with the company. Even when I quit to move out of state, I was contacted twice the next day with other schedulers who had not known yet that I had left.
    - It's a great resume booster because you are using and learning many skills.
    - Very flexible with scheduling. If you have to turn down a job here and there, there are plenty of people to take the job after you.
    - Great for college students with a flexible schedule. If you only have class in the evenings or a few days a week this works out really well.
    - You do not need a ton of accounting experience. I only had a little from college but they match you with people that can use you. Most of what I did was clerical but IN a finance office.

Cons

- Not really a con but just remember to respond quickly to an offer! If you don't respond soon enough, it will go to someone else.

"Dissatisfied with Accountemps' poor attitude."

Former Employee - Senior Accountant/Senior Financial Analyst in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Senior Accountant/Senior Financial Analyst in Albuquerque, NM

Pros

It really beats being homeless.

Cons

Accountemps focuses solely on their clients and just uses their candidates. They don't expend very much energy or thought in matching cliets and candidates.

Advice to Management

I understand that the clients are the ones paying the bills, but more attention sheould be given to actually trying to match clients and candidates. Try really using a candidate's experience and skills so the clien gets its money's worth, but the candidate gets some fulfillment too.

"Watch yourself - and them"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Pros

Worked as "salaried professional":
    Pay was fair; benefits very decent, and included training, parking reimbursements

Cons

Pushed to take assignments I was well qualified for, but could not complete due to client requirements for travel, etc. Was completely mislead by Accountemps about need to travel (amount was grossly under represented), pushed to do it anyway somehow, and told I'd be term'd if I could not meet client need.

Advice to Management

None - no reason to hope the company would change.

"ROCK AND A HARD PLACE"

Current Employee - Accounting in Concord, CA
    Current Employee - Accounting in Concord, CA

Pros

Accountemps is the #1 account representative of a major corporation where I work.

Cons

Absolutely no pay increase after years of service at the same assignment; infact a paycut of approxiamtely 12% was initiated in April last year and Length of Service Bonus was increased to 2100 hrs = 1 year of uninterupted service. Basicly after years of dedicated service (we) are making less money than when (we) started.

Advice to Management

Communication with the people who work hard for your Shareholders.

"Misrepresentation of contract assignment"

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Irving, TX

Pros

They have a lot of assignments they can send you to.

Cons

They tell u it's temp to perm and don't keep you informed as far as the length of the contract.

Advice to Management

Treat people like humans that they are.

"Demeaning and underpaid."

Current Employee - Fraud Clerk in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Fraud Clerk in Denver, CO

Pros

They found me a job.

Cons

During the interview i was told my business degree was nothing to brag about since apparently everyone has a degree nowadays. I was told I don't have relevant job experience so don't expect too much pay. I asked over and over again and she was unclear when the position would last to or if it was a temp to hire position. My headhunter takes a grossly unfair portion of my pay. Maybe I had the unfortunate luck of working under the witchiest recruiter but I would not recommend them to anyone.

Advice to Management

Teller your recruiters to treat employees with some respect.

"Horrible and Degrading"

Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Accounting Clerk in Honolulu, HI

Pros

There are no good reasons, they lie and manipulate people into abusive working situations.

Cons

They will lie and manipulate you into abusive working situations.

Advice to Management

Why not try being honest to candidates and not offer abusive working situations.

"Completely underpaid"

Current Employee - Purchasing Clerk in Auburndale, MA
    Current Employee - Purchasing Clerk in Auburndale, MA

Pros

Will get you steady work in the rough enonomy.

Cons

The pay is not even close to your job. The "temp to hire" positions have no contract, thus could last forever. The company you work for pays double what accountemps pays you. Accountemps charge a huge finders fee which companies do not want to pay, making your chances of finding permanent employment minimal at best.

Advice to Management

Stop blatantly using your temp workers.

"Lousy Pay, Could Care Less About YOU, only Care About their Clients and Making Money"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Wyomissing, PA

I worked at Accountemps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I did get some experience. It was better than just sitting around until I found a job myself.

Cons

I was only $$ to them. They did not care. They did not listen, I was often deceived. I was on assignment for 9 months and never got paid a single holiday! Lousy compensation! You have to have 1150 hours to get holiday pay!!! You have to work there for 2000+ hours which comes out to over a year to get a bonus! They make all this money off of you and you get paid next to nothing!

Right before I finally took an assignment I stupidly told them I had an interview with "X Company" and within in a few hours my interview was mysteriously cancelled. Coincidence? I think not.

When I told them that my hours were cut and that I needed more hours, they took FOREVER to finally find me something. I had to constantly repeat my qualifications when they had it right there in front of them! I was told that a position that I was assigned an interview for was direct hire. When I went to the interview I found out that it was temp to hire.

Advice to Management

Here is a tip, your clients can tell when your employees are unhappy.

"Extremely terrible working experience"

Former Employee - Accountant in Honolulu, HI
    Former Employee - Accountant in Honolulu, HI

I worked at Accountemps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have connection with various employers.

Cons

• They don’t really care about employees, they are pretty much like used car salesmen
    • Hardly any communication with employees
    • Getting a job from them might still take a long period of time, and you end up with a job that nobody wants (such as bad employer or low pay)
    • Underpay because Accountemps gets large share of your paid
    • Working for them, many times I felt deceived. I would recommend that employee keeps all email correspondences with Accountemps as well as his/ her employers to protect yourself.

Advice to Management

Perhaps need new management