Accountemps Reviews | Glassdoor

Accountemps Reviews

Updated October 3, 2017

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Accountemps Chairman and CEO Max Messmer Jr.
Max Messmer Jr.

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • I am working temp to hire now, they have found me they have not worked into hire yet (in 8 reviews)

• Working in this Division of the company, a person is a full time employee with all of the benefits that are included for regular employees (in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • Temp-to-hire could last anywhere from a couple weeks to many months (in 13 reviews)

• Low pay & very little follow up by recruiters once placed (in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company to work for"

Former Employee - Temp in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Temp in Irvine, CA

I worked at Accountemps part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Always offering work. I was offered a job within a day of being with the company. Even when I quit to move out of state, I was contacted twice the next day with other schedulers who had not known yet that I had left.
    - It's a great resume booster because you are using and learning many skills.
    - Very flexible with scheduling. If you have to turn down a job here and there, there are plenty of people to take the job after you.
    - Great for college students with a flexible schedule. If you only have class in the evenings or a few days a week this works out really well.
    - You do not need a ton of accounting experience. I only had a little from college but they match you with people that can use you. Most of what I did was clerical but IN a finance office.

Cons

- Not really a con but just remember to respond quickly to an offer! If you don't respond soon enough, it will go to someone else.

Oct 11, 2017 – PR Manager - Glassdoor

Thank you for your five-star review. It's great that Robert Half could help you with your employment needs. We love finding people jobs that match their skill sets while providing opportunities for... More

2. "SPS"

I have been working at Accountemps full-time

Pros

exposure on a variety of industries

Cons

you are dependent on job orders

Oct 11, 2017 – PR Manager - Glassdoor

Thank you for leaving us a review. We hope you are enjoying your time exploring the variety of business industries we support while working for Robert Half.

3. "Your experience is based on your assignment"

I have been working at Accountemps full-time

Pros

The application process was straightforward. Everything was done via web, including forms, uploading documents, etc. I was fortunate to have a great co-worker who guided me throughout the introductory process and helped me understand how to do the tasks I was assigned.

The timesheet is simple and easy to update.

You will gain a lot of working knowledge, often in big corporations (this could also be a con) utilizing the best software and technologies.

You will learn from senior professionals who have been doing what they do for a long time, depending on where you will be assigned. It is a great opportunity to expand your skill sets.

I believe the company do have their candidates interests in minds. But your assignment determines the majority of the experience.

Cons

One of the downsides of working temp is that you can be treated differently because you are a temp. I was often given cold shoulders by some of the permanent employee and manager. I was excluded from any meetings. It also means, that more often than not you will be given the tasks most people don't want to do and that you were hired specifically to do.

You are not allowed any overtime work unless it is asked of you by the client.

I was told I would be doing one thing but ended up in a different position, clients will often place you where they feel you are needed people and it may not necessarily be where you were told you'd be.

My contact was sometimes slow in responding to emails and voicemails, sometimes they were not answered at all. Given standard work hours you may not be able to reach your manager by phone during the day besides break and lunch. You are required to give advanced notice of any absence, interviews, or whatever they deem important. Sometimes, it was difficult to get a hold of the contact person and communication may not be optimal.

Given the budget constraint of many clients, it may be difficult to be hired permanently. Some firms are looking at temps as a way to reduce expenses and outsource their labor.

I believe the biggest con is working with a client and often feeling like you're not a part of the larger picture. Therefore, it can be difficult to have a sense of investment in the purpose of the client's mission because you are working for another entity.

Oct 11, 2017 – PR Manager - Glassdoor

Thanks for taking a moment to share your feedback. It's so important that everyone is open and honest when discussing work expectations. If you haven't already, please reach out to your Robert Half... More

4. "Staffing Manager"

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

No training, little guidance. If you're new to the business you're on your own.

Oct 11, 2017 – PR Manager - Glassdoor

Thank you for taking a moment to provide your feedback. We're sorry to hear your experience with Robert Half wasn't stellar. We strive to provide every employee with the tools and training required... More

5. "not bad"

I worked at Accountemps full-time

Pros

they worked really hard to find something for me

Cons

did not have maternity leave like i thought

Oct 11, 2017 – PR Manager - Glassdoor

We're glad to hear that your recruiting manager worked hard to find you a job. We love helping people find roles that match their skills and interests. We hope you'll consider working with us again.... More

6. "Accounts Receivable"

Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Kentwood, MI
    Former Employee - Accounts Receivable in Kentwood, MI

I worked at Accountemps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

there is no con's with this company

Cons

they are all about making themselves look good and belittle employees and blame you for everything. They are not very cooperative. And make you feel like a criminal. Did not get the appropriate paperwork over when needed and make you feel like its your fault. Even though you contacted them numerous times.

Advice to Management

get your ducks in a row.

Oct 11, 2017 – PR Manager - Glassdoor

We appreciate your candid feedback. This is not the environment we promote or support. We will share your feedback with the local office leadership to improve the employee experience.

"unprofessional"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Des Moines, IA

I worked at Accountemps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

i was placed in a good job, one that i wanted.

Cons

an employment agency from out of state took me through an interview process and told me i had a better job so i called accountemps and told them i had to take the better job with better pay. the only problem was the other agency pulled a scam on me. i have been trying to get a job with accountemps again but they wont even respond to me. they are unprofessional to the core. apparently if you turn them down for anything dont dare go back because they apparently hold grudges. there are several jobs on their website but i get zero response.

Advice to Management

turn down jobs is the cost of business and happens. if you wont work with someone at least have the professionalism and integrity to tell them you wont work with them.

Oct 11, 2017 – PR Manager - Glassdoor

We are saddened to hear of your experience. Professionalism is something we take seriously at Robert Half. We appreciate your review and feedback and will look into this matter.

8. "Clerk"

I have been working at Accountemps full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They will work with you.

Cons

They are only seeking what benefits them more over than the candidate.

Oct 11, 2017 – PR Manager - Glassdoor

We are always looking for ways to improve the candidate experience and will take your comment to heart. We appreciate your candid feedback.

"Forget about holiday pay."

Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Marysville, WA
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable in Marysville, WA

I have been working at Accountemps full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to get placed in a position.

Cons

Lousy placements, poor job information, but here is my real beef... Forget about any kind of holiday pay. With their new holiday pay process, you will never, ever reach the required time plus the revolving 52 weeks. So, after working for 2240 consecutive hours over a revolving 52 weeks, they not only told me I wasn't eligible, but to make matters more irritating, I was told that because they drop off a week, you will always be at 51. In other words, you will never, ever be eligible for any holiday pay. Be warned.

Advice to Management

Fix your holiday pay policy. It is not competitive. It is just a big, giant middle finger to all of us who bust our butts to make them money.

Oct 11, 2017 – PR Manager - Glassdoor

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are always looking for areas to improve upon and value your feedback.

10. "Quick Placement"

I have been working at Accountemps full-time

Pros

Prompt Response Time to Employees

Cons

Misleading Information on Permanent Assignments

Advice to Management

Make certain that employees aren't given misleading information regarding the timelines for positions.

Oct 11, 2017 – PR Manager - Glassdoor

We appreciate your feedback and pleased to hear that your manager communicates with you in a timely manner. We encourage you to speak with him/her about the miscommunication of information. As a... More