Accredo Health Certified Pharmacy Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

1.5
Accredo Health President and CEO Tim Wentworth
Tim Wentworth
0 Rating
  1. "Great Place to work."

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Accredo Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Full time, Monday thru Friday Schedule, Great benefits, lots of OT .

Cons

To much work and not enough employees.

Advice to Management

Better training and realistic metrics.

Accredo Health2015-09-14

"Do this do that until you burn out. Think 5 times before accepting a job here...."

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Accredo Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits. Pto. Overtime. Nice building , beautiful cafeteria and free gym on site and nice. 30 min break and 2 15 mins short break

Cons

Short training then they will expect you do it perfectly. Job description is on what you will do is irrelevant Every 2 weeks you have new tasks and they will just throw stuff at you to finish Asap aside from responsibilities that you need to finish on time, to make it short they will burn you out until you give up. Mandatory overtime every week They will not praise or encourage you for the good work but they criticize you for single error. Supervisor will not help you with the help you are asking, they will say talk to your co worker and he/ she will help you.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people about their sentiments.

Accredo Health2016-03-08

"This company is TERRIBLE"

I have been working at Accredo Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

PTO, low pay on generic drugs, they do accept CVS retail pharmacy

Cons

The training is TERRIBLE to say the least, the pay is even worse than the training, it's very low compared to what they expect you to do and the other pharmacies in the area. The customer service reps get paid way more than the technicians, they don't reimburse you for your licenses if you renew them, the raises are not worth anything, the bonus is 3% of what you make yearly- so also terrible. They are under staffed and no one knows what's going on. And despite how much you learn and how hard you work and how "awesome" they say you are- they will NEVER promote you. they only promote people that are offensive and don't know how to do their jobs. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE

Advice to Management

Train people properly and pay them properly and you may get more done. All this extra "building" you're doing is a slap in the face to the under-paid, over-worked technicians. you won't get quality employees with terrible pay and terrible training. and you can keep your "bonus" after taxes I can barely get a tank of gas on it.

Accredo Health2015-11-12

"You may wanna think twice about working here!!!!!"

Former Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Memphis, TN

I worked at Accredo Health full-time

Pros

Helping patients, helping patients, & helping patients!!!

Cons

Management is terrible, they work very hard at knit picking, no real team work. I never worked at a company on where we were not allowed to help one another if we knew what to do. Favortism, favortism, favortism!! They are so quick to point out your faults but don't give a solution on how to rectify the issue. This company micromanage so much it's utterly ridiculous. Since Accredo has merged with Express Scripts their morales, values, & expectations of most patients has declined tremendously. I worked there in 2007-2009 when Accredo was merged with Medco and the company was much better then. Accredo has always been unorganized but its terrible now. I'm disappointed in how the company operates. Express Scripts ripped valuable teams apart and thought it would work but they got a rude awakening when it didnt and now they are trying to put it back like it was before. This company needs someone with good common sense to operate it. Its a shame when you can't voice your opinion to management or go to a member of management when you have a problem with another member of management when they all are friends. You are fighting a losing battle. They will lie to you in your face, talk about you behind your back. This hasn't happened to me but it has with a former co-worker. This place lacks professionalism.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people who you supervise. Stop riding people backs so hard because you run good workers away. Stop trying to find the bad in people or just because you don't like a particular person stop trying to get them fired. Please say thank you team for a job well done every once in a while instead of negative feedback to the whole team all the time.

Accredo Health2015-07-20

"Terrible place to work"

I have been working at Accredo Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are decent, I guess.

Cons

No one wants to do their jobs, customer service gets paid the same amount as we do even though we have to keep up with certificatons and licenses and have way more liability. The supervisors are constantly yelling about how many calls we have holding even though they tell us not to worry about that- it's quality not quantity. That's a lie. It's all about quantity to them. I hate working for this company more than the patients hate using this company (and that's A LOT)

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. And if you're gonna put all the liability on techs-pay them more than your customer service agents. Also, stop being so greedy.

Accredo Health2015-02-13

"Structure is lacking"

Current Employee - Certified Pharmacy Technician in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Accredo Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers. Decent wages.Hour breaks are nice.

Cons

The training was subpar in proportion to the amount of time spent in the training room. Majority of time spent "training" was actually spent sitting in front of a computer in the training room doing nothing.

Advice to Management

Need to revamp org structure to better accomplish mission, and need to get rid of over bearing middle managers that don't know what they are doing and supervisors who let good employees go just because they are more competent than the supervisor.

Accredo Health2014-06-17
  7. "Cool place to work"

Certified Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at Accredo Health

Pros

Great hours, good commute, great benefits, employee bonus, the option to work from home, good pay.

Cons

No training! No training, lack of training, did I mention no training. Middle management very disrespectful.

Advice to Management

Your supervisors NEEDS training!!! Your employees NEEDS training!

Accredo Health2010-08-11