Accredo Health Reimbursement Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

0 Rating

"All about that $$$"

Former Employee - Reimbursement Specialist

I worked at Accredo Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You get a paycheck. Good place to get experience in customer service if you have no education and at least a GED. Decent benefit package for full time employees. Depending on location you may have access to a free gym.

Cons

Poor work culture, lack of diversity, unprofessional attitudes over the phone to patients. Pay for new hires keeps getting lower and lower. Management has less knowledge of job roles than new hires.

Advice to Management

Are you only hiring the cheapest warm bodies you can dig up with a job fair? The world is noticing. You wont be able to swing the lay off hammer around in order to get out of your latest screw up with Anthem. In an effort to squeeze out every last dollar of profit you've chased off all employees who could possibly be helpful in putting Accredo back together - and now your neck is on the line for $15 billion to Anthem. How many layoffs will that take to make up to the stockholders? You need to review WHAT made Accredo desirable in the first place, world class first rate specialized drug therapy service. You can't run a specialty pharmacy like an oral med production line overseen by robots. High dollar business deserves high dollar educated employees.

Accredo Health2016-03-31
  2. "Very stressful position, but very rewarding."

Reimbursement Specialist

I have been working at Accredo Health

Pros

Good work/life balance, great employee benefits, great relationships with management, employee rewards for good job, room for advancement. Above standard pay. Providing for patients is rewarding.

Cons

Accredo is a specialty mail order pharmacy. Clearing patient referrals for shipment takes time and patience, and is not a one-step process. Very stressful workload sometimes.

Advice to Management

On site management is good at Accredo. Higher management... the ones you never meet in person... need to realize that we are humans, and not robots. We understand you are all about "the numbers", but we need you to understand that we give everything we have.

Accredo Health2012-02-07