Accretive Health Reviews | Glassdoor

4.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Joseph Flanagan
1 Rating

Pros
  • Amazing work-life balance in the Finance team (in 16 reviews)

• It was great to have the ability to work from home or the office (in 9 reviews)

Cons

1. "Patient Financial Counselor"

Former Employee - Patient Financial Counselor in Kalamazoo, MI
    Former Employee - Patient Financial Counselor in Kalamazoo, MI

I worked at Accretive Health part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay, flexible hours, and great mid-level leadership.

Cons

Mid-month compensation changes that affected paycheck after the fact.

Advice to Management

It was a great opportunity.

"Amazing Growth Opportunity"

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time

Pros

Accretive Health is growing like crazy. We have a great management team and an awesome vision for where we're headed.

Cons

Being that we're in the growth stage, there's a lot of change. I find change motivating but it's not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, we're on an awesome path.

3. "Excellent Company-- really going places!!"

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time

Pros

Recently announced strategic partnership has put us in to major growth mode! This is a great place to work if you like a fast paced, challenging environment where your work really makes an impact. There will be a lot of opportunity to grow as the company grows over the next couple of years.

Cons

Can't think of any! It's an exciting time to be with a company like this that's embarking on major growth.

5. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Software Quality Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Software Quality Analyst in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health (More than a year)

Pros

Nice company to work with this

Cons

NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

6. "Great new leadership team. Approachable and significant healthcare knowledge."

Current Employee - Ops Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Ops Lead in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

New team is very connected to employees. They are trying to change culture. Very focused on growth and operations> New financial controls are great.

Cons

Change is hard, old culture and some people are not helping with change.

Advice to Management

keep it up. Stay on the path you are taking. Do not let old culture stop you.

7. "A good place to work."

Current Contractor - BI Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Contractor - BI Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Accretive health is really a good place to work. Very Good working environment, Flexible time. Free lunch hour. It is in the heart of downtown chicago.

Cons

I dont see any Cons as long as you are good on your Subject.

8. "Great potential to grow"

Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The new leadership has brought positive change and a refreshing example of how we will grow.

Cons

Give some of the individual contributors the ability to provide input, especially the ones that have tenure

Advice to Management

Continute to focus on our growth model, and hire exceptional people to take us there

9. "Added advanced skills in process improvement, implementation, team management and data analysis."

Current Employee - Manager in Pensacola, FL
    Current Employee - Manager in Pensacola, FL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time

Pros

AH is always looking for new and advanced ways to assist our clients and employees with future success. AH demonstrates the best interest in employees and the teams within all areas.

Cons

Career advancment seems to be difficult even based on past and current experiences.

Advice to Management

I have been looking for career advancement and upon my hiring was informed that based on my overall experience and knowledge I would be qualified for a fast track in career movement. I really enjoy working for AH and would like to take my KSA's to the next level.

10. "Best Company to grow professionally while making a difference in the world of healthcare!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

- World-class leadership team committed to 'transform' the world of healthcare in the US.
    - Sky is the limit - being a relatively young company, there are plenty of great opportunities in multiple areas.
    - Formal focus on cutting edge leadership practices: Inverted Pyramid (org chart); Servant Leadership; Self-organizing, High Performance, Agile Teams.

Cons

- Personally, I don't see any 'cons' here :)
    - But, I can guess some non-traditional, innovative, entrepreneurial, practices may be perceived "difficult" by traditional thinkers.
    - Being a young company that has grown so fast in such a short time frame, you will see some 'informality' in certain areas.

Advice to Management

- Frankly, I am here mainly because of the excellent senior leadership team, their vision, and visible commitment to make a "real difference" in the world of healthcare. My advice would be to keep relentlessly focusing on achieving the Healthcare Triple Aim - High Quality Healthcare experience for individual patients and Improved Population Health, at Lower Costs.

"Extremely Valuable Growth Experience"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Accretive Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

No where else will you find the opportunity to take on so much responsibility at such an early point in your career. Management experience is key in career growth and to have an understanding and an opportunity to manage in a number of ways has been essential to my progression and a professional.

More and more stock is being put into growth of talent and leadership. Executives are no longer satisfied with orientation and in field training (this takes place), but in depth learning and training in a classroom and organized setting is taking place and employees are flourishing.

The career acceleration has been flattering and more than acceptable. I personally have been recognized a number of ways for my hard work and commitment. Each time makes me grateful for my managers who recognize me and for senior leaders for asking for such recommendations to highlight. If you work hard, collaborate well, and get results, there is no way not to be recognized in this company (which is a benefit of how the feedback loops work).

There has been a clear effort to provide clear and precise feedback in a method that is welcoming and constructive.

Cons

Traveler location could be better. There are folks that travel from longer locations (based on need) when they could be placed closer.