Accretive Health Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Joseph Flanagan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Amazing work-life balance in the Finance team (in 19 reviews)

• It was great to have the ability to work from home or the office (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours, no real work/life balance (in 17 reviews)

• We had to work long hours to keep up with the high call volume (in 20 reviews)

"Great place for GO GETTERS - or anyone who wants to take control of their professional growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

1) There are a ton of opportunities - you just have to reach out and grab one
    2) #1 leads into a plethora of learning, and personal and professional growth
    3) The employees - my coworkers- have quickly become close friends
    4) Work HARD, play hard culture
    5) You get to work on so many different types of projects
    6) Junior associates drive just as much value as the senior associates
    7) VERY Intense, but in a "we're changing the world" kind-of-way
    8) You can have a voice... and be heard

Cons

1) If you're not self-driven - you will find the environment too intense
    2) Based on the fact that we're paving new grounds in healthcare, you do run up against a number of barriers on some projects (but not all - and it makes those kinds of victories that much more sweet!)
    3) personal space - we've grown so quickly that there aren't enough offices / desks to accomodate all the employees
    4) You're entrusted with a lot of responsibility right away

Advice to Management

Make dedicated time on an ongoing basis to develop yourself and your employees

"Tremendous personal and professional growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

1) Opportunities for personal growth are unlimited...for those who take responsibility for their own results and career path!
    2) I gain tremendous extrinsic value in being part of a team that is changing the face of American healthcare and building a company from scratch!
    3) I see a specific link between my effort, my results, and my compensation...

Cons

1) Opportunities for personal growth are limited by your own imagination, work ethic and willingness to take responsibility for your own happiness.
    2) This is not your father's Fortune 100 company...internal and external processes are under constant development
    3) This is not your typical Silicon Valley start-up either...the pressure to market a vision of the future is muted by the desire to deliver results, real value, for our customers

Advice to Management

Don't change the focus on value delivered to our customers and clients...even while we enhance and grow our internal processes, controls and operating rhythms.

3. "Great place to work that never gets stale"

Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

A great place to learn and are given autonomy to do your job once you have earned the trust of peers and management.

My experience with recruiting staff was outstanding. Althought the offer did come as quickly as I expected, but the recruiter I worked with was very good in keeping me informed and returning my call and e mails.

Compensation was more than fair, although not as much as I had asked in comp, but they did give me enough of an incentive financially to join accretive over other consulting companies. I did have competing offers from Huron and ACS.

Cons

As growing company, bound to experience some growing pains as they are developing procedures and protocol as a public company.

Advice to Management

it is not always someone who chirps the loudest who accomplishes the most . . . more times than not it is the quiet ones who are behind biggest success stories.

"First in class"

Current Employee - Finance Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Finance Lead in Chicago, IL

Pros

The thing i love most about working at Accretive Health is its employees. I can honestly say I've never met a more intelligent and hardworking group of people who i can honestly call my friends- not just my co-workers. At Accretive, you are not just treated as a number like a other larger companies- you have direct contact with several executives. The only doors you'll find in an Accretive office are the ones in the restroom. All executives are very approachable and have "open-door" policies. Accretive also takes good care of it's employees from offering very competitive salary packages to sponsoring team happy hours.

Cons

Accretive Health really pushes for results, which leads to laying off the bottom 10% of performers each year. At times, some employees may feel overworked in order to achieve results. This may call for working long hours or working on some weekends. This can be expected at most high growth and aggressive companies.

Advice to Management

I think the management is doing a terrific job at leading their teams to achieve results. They are all really cool people to work for as well

5. "Fun and Outgoing Company anyone would enjoy working for AccretiveHealth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Pros

Great work atmosphere, work ethics, and potential for growth.

Cons

Communication of new information and policies is one area that could be improved on.

Advice to Management

Communication

6. "Accretive is a quickly growing company with great potential!"

Current Employee - Operations Lead in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Operations Lead in Detroit, MI

Pros

This is a great place to start your career! Every day you learn something new and are constantly challenged to push yourself and grow professionally.

Cons

Requires large amounts of flexibility and if you're not up for the task you get pushed aside.

Advice to Management

Communication amongst each other!
    Also it seems HR is not prepared to handle their job, this also plays along with the lack of communication.

7. "Enormous opportunity in Accretive Health's realized growth and potential"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Accretive Health rewards those who perform exceptionally well. The firm prides itself on the entrepreneurial spirit of the employees. The people are exceptional, always willing to help each other and treat coworkers with the utmost respect. I believe in the firm leadership and the direction they are leading us.

Cons

The firm is having difficulty sustaining its growth. There are communication breakdowns that are impeding progress. In certain positions, the travel demands are substantial.

Advice to Management

Work to improve communication and standardization of processes. Improve existing client relationships through education, the measurement process is very complex and needs to become more transparent.

8. "Accretive Health is a unique, high-energy, high opportunity firm"

Current Employee - Former Senior Operations Lead in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Former Senior Operations Lead in Chicago, IL

Pros

The Management Team's skill level, involvement in day-to-day operations and laser-focus on results with employees and clients is uncanny. I now work for another major consulting firm and the overall intelligence, energy and drive to achieve results of the management team, consultants and operators and organizational and corporate staff is hands down at a higher level than most of the big firms. The Revenuce Cycle specific, subject matter expertise that I gained while working at AH as well as the block and tackle business management skills have given me a clear and measurable edge on projects and with teams since I have left. I highly reccomend AH as a place to work to anyone who has inquired with me.

Cons

The one area where I saw room for improvement from an employee perspective was around corporate infrastructure. Most of this is attributed to AH being a start-up when I was there and not public, and that is expected.

Advice to Management

As Accretive Health grows don't lose the Executive level involvement with junior associates. The time that senior level executives took to mentor and coach me provided invaluable, real-time training and growth opportunities.

9. "Hardest and most rewarding Job I have ever experienced"

Current Employee - Ops Lead in Manchester, NH
    Current Employee - Ops Lead in Manchester, NH

Pros

Opportunity, Leadership, Support. You are constantly surrounded by others who will push you to succeed.

Cons

Locations are not always favorable.

Advice to Management

You really do put employees first.

10. "Right Firm for the Right Person"

Former Employee - Senior Lead in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Senior Lead in Chicago, IL

Pros

Like minded colleagues
    Young and young spirited
    Strong company focus
    Team environment
    Self starters excel
    Recruiting team on campus was excellent

Cons

Some HR policies still not clear
    Alot of young folks and Vice Presidents, need more promotion from within to keep employees motivated and will to stick around

Advice to Management

Excellent Leadership at CEO level and most Vice Presidents but some leadership has no idea how to relate to younger associates and motivate them. More promotions from within!