Accruent Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Accruent CEO John Borgerding
John Borgerding

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Also, the open PTO is a very real thing, and I have not ever had any problems with taking time off" (in 29 reviews)

• "Excellent work/life balance in most roles" (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work life balance is a bit challenging but management is working on fixing it" (in 12 reviews)

• "The comp is well under market value and they will backfill former employees at 10% under their last salary which is already low" (in 13 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great Place for Career Growth"

Current Employee - Product Marketing
    Current Employee - Product Marketing

I have been working at Accruent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a really exciting time to be part of Accruent. They are growing extremely fast and recently there have been some tremendous new leaders and talent that have joined Accruent to ensure that this company continues to grow. The pace can prove to be an extremely fast pace but as someone who likes to stay busy and challenged, I really like that about Accruent. For my department, there have been tremendous strides in the past year because of the vision of our new leader and we have become a much more dynamic department than in years past. I also feel as if my manager will go to bat for me in tough situations and that they have my back, which is always a good thing. Also, the open PTO is a very real thing, and I have not ever had any problems with taking time off. The thing that is the best part of Accruent is definitely the peers and coworkers. Accruent really fosters a very family-like environment for being a bigger company, and I have made several friends during my time here. I have been able to see my career grow at Accruent and have been provided opportunities that I would not receive anywhere else.

Cons

Like several growing companies, the pace can be very fast and to work here you have to be extremely flexible. Priorities can shift at a moment's notice and you have to be willing and able to quickly move with changing priorities. As other reviews mentioned, if you are looking for a stagnant job where it's the same thing every day than Accruent isn't for you.

"Accruent New Orleans: Winning Culture, Winning Attitude, & Drive To Excellence"

I have been working at Accruent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We have something special going on here in this office and it starts with our onsite leader. He brings a certain energy to the office and does a great job of creating an environment where I can be successful. I've been here almost a year, I've worked for corporate giants, and working at Accruent, they show you that they care about who you are as a person and your growth as an individual. If you want to work at a company that is stale or middle of the road, Accruent isn't the place for you. If you want to work for a company that champions their people, Accruent is the place for you.

Cons

Assistance with parking would be helpful.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the employees and be customer inspired.

"Unbelievable opportunity"

Current Employee - Vice President, Technical Operations in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Vice President, Technical Operations in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Strong support to grow and learn professionally, fast paced environment, rapid growth, eye for talent, global footprint, and part of a strong network of Fortive companies.

Cons

Growing pains at truly becoming a global company, vast product portfolio is complex and can be challenging to grasp.

Advice to Management

Our people are our secret sauce, continue to find ways to invest in their growth and development. Continue to clearly articulate our vision and our "why" at every opportunity.

4. "Positive Experience"

Former Employee - QA Engineer
    Former Employee - QA Engineer

I worked at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work Culture, friendly people, learning opportunities

Cons

Low Pay, Agile sfdc followed like a mini waterfall sfdc

5. "Great place to grow and learn. Wonderful community!"

I have been working at Accruent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Accruent in New Orleans less than a year and it has been exciting, challenging, rewarding and surprisingly fun. There’s something special being created at this location with a wonderful group of hard working people. If you’re looking for a great place to grow and learn this is the place for you. If you’re looking for a company that not only cares about its goals and business but also its employees, this is the place for you. If you’re looking for a 9-5 boring work day this is not the place for you. Accruent is a company that recognizes its employees and strives for communication and transparency among the multiple worldwide locations. There seems to be lots of opportunities to move up and around within the company and it is not unheard of to move quickly. The focus on company culture really shows through the people that make up this community. Not only do they strive for excellence and results, but also work together with a sense of humility and care that creates a real team rather than just a group.

Cons

It can be a bit of a constantly changing environment especially with so much growth and the excitement/challenges that come with opening a new location. Assistance with parking would be nice, but it is not a deal-breaker.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication and positive energy!

"Mixed bag, depending where you work (non-HQ review**)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Family-like feel
    Snacks, drinks, etc. - good office setup
    Great benefits & PTO
    Investment in personal & professional development

Cons

Acquisitions have been handled sloppily
    Non-HQ office locations feel out-of-the-loop

Advice to Management

My experience is only from a branch / acquisition office, not representative of the HQ office location.

Be thoughtful in how you handle acquisitions, especially of already-established companies. Not every company is alike, thus not every acquisition should look the same. By slicing and dicing companies apart before even understanding how they function and what is essential to the company's functions, take the time to understand each department and already-existing personnel.

Also, invest in your non-HQ locations and branches. Throwing free food at us every so often doesn't really do much for morale when you've fired our essential peers and we're now picking up their duties.

"High performance low experience"

Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Systems Administrator in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can gain good experience in positions you would normally not be able to get without prior experience

Cons

Pay was low for the industry average. Benefits were very weak. Employee happiness was not as important as EBITA goals.

Advice to Management

Have a healthy mix of employee satisfaction through compensation and benefits to company profitability to investorsn

"Great place to grow"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Accruent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The company works very hard to establish a good culture and keep people engaged. There are tons of growth opportunities and people can move between departments if they have that desire. You don't feel like you are stuck in one position until you leave. It is an established company but feels start up in nature and a fun environment.

Cons

There is a bit of turnover since people can move to different positions rapidly. The company was also recently acquired by a public company, so there may be some tightening down the road.

Advice to Management

Don't let Fortive mess up a good thing by changing too many things that make the company great. If you start to make it feel like a corporate environment you are going to lose that.

"A decent stepping stone to start your career"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They a generally good for those looking for career changes, or willing to accept under-paying salaries for an opportunity to get a start in a field. They do have some good in-office perks, comfortable unlimited PTO, flexible schedule, standard package for health/retirement.

Cons

Really bad at keeping employees happy after a certain amount of time. They do not make much effort to ensure current employee happiness. Career progression is based on how aggressive you can market yourself to your manager and to those in the next tier or two. Salary increments are also the same case as you're not guaranteed a fair salary increase each year. Management will argue that they have a limited budget and only able to give a certain amount. However, this is not true after several employees were able to argue that their skills were valuable enough to merit a salary bump and some were only able to get it after showing alternative job offers from other companies with the offered salary.
    After leaving Accruent, it's now evident that they don't care for former employees either. Their 401k practices are unacceptable when they intentionally roll over former 401k accounts into IRAs without former employee's consent or at least a letter of notification prior to the occurrence.

"Great Environment, Great People"

Pros

A shared mission and vision drives the work at Accruent, and a very nice culture informs the path to achieving those goals. Co-workers are generally very smart, driven, and collaborative. The office is wonderful, though huge, and provides an open environment which doesn't feel claustrophobic or intrusive (though, people who hate open offices will still find that it isn't ideal for privacy or the need for solitude).

Cons

Compensation during my tenure was definitely on the low side, and depending on the role, there may not be much room for advancement.