Accruent Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Accruent CEO John Borgerding
John Borgerding

Pros
  • Accruent offers open PTO, VTO (volunteer time off), and a 401(k) with 6% matching (in 23 reviews)

• They have all the standard snacks, beer and games in the break room, and have a lot of company social events for people who wish to partake (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • The work/life balance is completely out of control as well (in 11 reviews)

• Operations is a mess - while there are good people all over the place, no one really directs them (in 11 reviews)

"Great, youthful company culture, LOTS of growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Solid leadership in the company, seems there's a willingness to give an ear when asked. Most of the employees are young (20s-30s), which creates an energetic vibe, casual-professional "young software company" atmosphere. Happy hours every other week on-site help everyone get to know each other. Feels secure to be private-equity backed and growing, esp in the current economy, AND great to work with people you like.

Cons

Not sure why someone would insult the "world class" theme, seems like a good thing to have high standards for the employees and the company as a whole. Maybe because we've been making acquisitions/growing, the organizational structure is getting reworked, so things change quickly, but in my experience you have to roll with the punches wherever you go.

Advice to Management

Do more team-only activities to increase cohesiveness in each department.

"Accruent - Focused, Driven, and Fun"

I have been working at Accruent full-time

Pros

Results Oriented - If you perform well, you will be rewarded. The company doesn't focus on how many hours you've worked or how early you come into the office, as long as your work is complete and well-done. The opportunities in this company are great - it's not surprising to see a promotion within 6 months for a great performer.

Company Culture - Accruent has a work hard/play hard culture that is fast paced and is focused on being World Class. The people here take their work seriously and strive to better themselves every day. There is a sense of comaraderie between employees and departments, and teamwork is highly emphasized and valued. However, the company knows how to have fun with bi-weely "ACL's" - days where the entire office gets off early to enjoy beer and food. The kitchen/break room is also furnished with an air hockey table, pool table, video game systems, and other things to relax with. Being an Austin software company, the dresscode is business casual, leaning towards the casual side.

Company Size - Accruent is a smaller company, which allows for better communication between management and employees. The executives of the company interact with employees of all levels, and add to the fun, yet driven, atmosphere of the company.

Cons

Compensation is a little lower for certain positions than similar positions in other companies. However, there is tremendous room for growth and good performance is rewarded with promotions and higher compensation. If you perform well, you will be promoted very quickly.

"Accruent has a team environment with goal-oriented operations and management"

I have been working at Accruent full-time

Pros

As an employee, there is a high level of visibility on where the company is headed and why I am important to them. Accruent takes the time and effort within the executive team and management to inform employees of happenings and company successes. I truly feel that my work product is evaluated and appreciated.

The culture is phenomenal and unmatched. The personal career growth potential at Accruent is incredible and unlike anywhere else that I have worked. Accruent takes hungry goal-oriented people and grows them exponentially.

Cons

I do not feel there are any downsides to working at Accruent. There is tremendous growth and there will be more construction for more space but I don’t view that as a negative.

"An Incredible Experience"

Current Employee - Associate Technical Writer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Technical Writer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Accruent houses a unique, refreshing atmosphere that makes coming to work a pleasure. Each time I walk through the door, I am immersed in a world of diverse talent, focused intelligence, and intense passion. The team spirit thrives here, and it shows in the results achieved.

One of the best parts of Accruent is the interaction between management and employees. The executive team places trust in their employees that allows for creative thought and ownership. This, in turn, makes achieving goals and completing tasks incredibly satisfying. The level of mutual respect between management and employees is, in my experience, unparalleled.

Accruent also has a strong training program. From day one, the training team worked to ensure I had everything I needed to perform my job. It goes beyond the training team, however, to include all the employees. Everyone was incredibly welcoming from the start, and I have met some wonderful friends here.

I accomplish things each day at Accruent that I never thought possible. Not only has this company given me the opportunity to fulfill my lifelong dream, it has urged me to dream even bigger. Furthermore, Accruent has provided me with skills and tools that make no dream seem out of reach.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing exactly what you're doing.

"Excellent Work Atmosphere"

Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Business Analyst in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I've been with Accruent for about a year and half. I started as a paid intern right out of college and Accruent offered me a full-time position a couple months later. The people with whom I work are intelligent, driven, and compassionate. The valued work style is focused more around results than face-time or cut-throat competition. The company values growth and development of its employees by generously sending them to training conferences. Accruent is growing quickly as well. Sixty people were employed here when I started and now there are close to 200 people in the Austin office.

Accruent also invests in employee satisfaction - our break room is complete with ping pong, air hockey, pool, plenty of video games, snacks, a Starbucks machine, and a bimonthly company beer bash.

Cons

Accruent does not match your 401K contribution.

Advice to Management

I have full confidence in our executive team. They are doing a great job and I can offer no further advice.

"Fantastic Place to Grow Your Career"

Current Employee - Associate Quality Assurance Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Quality Assurance Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I started at Accruent in June of 2011 right out of college. I wanted to be in software and have a real passion for the industry. Though my degree is not in software engineering I felt that it would be a great fit for me. While looking for jobs I was overlooked by tons of companies because my degree wasn't exactly what they wanted, but Accruent didn't care. They brought me in for an interview and eventually extended my a Job offer.

In the time that I have been at Accruent the company has doubled in size, I have revived 2 promotions and now run a very large team. There is no place in the world where you can go strait out of college and grow your career from entry level to middle/upper management as fast as you can at Accruent. You will be challenged, stretched and given ample opportunity to grow here. This is truly a special place.

Cons

If you are not driven and committed to being successful at whatever you are doing then Accruent is not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

"Excellent work environment; wonderful people"

I have been working at Accruent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun and exciting place to work; everyone is extremely pleasant and get along well with each other; management is transparent and down to earth

Cons

My salary isn't as competitive as I had hoped, but it's still fair and honestly I would rather work here and make this much than work somewhere depressing and make double

Advice to Management

compensation plans need to be simplified; too convoluted

"Unparalleled career opportunities and a great company to be a part of."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Accruent is an incubator for success for those that are willing to put in the effort to achieve personal career goals. The company has grown sevenfold in the last two and a half years and has provided unparalleled career advancement opportunities for the staff. The company is small enough that it doesn’t get bogged down in bureaucracy and is incredibly flexible and agile.

The great thing about Accruent is if you don’t like something or there is an issue within the company, it isn’t hard to get visibility on the issue and work toward a resolution. In other companies it is usually impossible to evoke change as the corporate office is incredibly bureaucratic and inflexible.

Cons

Due to how rigorous the hiring practices are, it is slow to recruit new employees. We get better candidates from this process, but it puts a big stress on the existing staff when departments are understaffed.

Base compensation could be better, but Accruent provides variable compensation and many intangible benefits that really bridge the gap. You could make a little more with another company, but you’d be giving up a lot of opportunity, flexibility, and fun.

We seem to be continuously on the hunt for more office space due to the rapid growth we are experiencing. People have to shuffle around a lot, but it is definitely a good problem to have.

Advice to Management

Increase the resources of the recruiting department. Make sure you are scaling base compensation with cost of living increases. Figure out a permanent long term solution for office space ASAP.

"A great to place to work"

Former Employee - Database Administrator in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Database Administrator in Austin, TX

I worked at Accruent full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I worked for the company and I thought it was a great place to work.
    I had to leave for some personal reason otherwise I would have stayed.
    People whom I worked with were very nice and also had lots of passion for their job.
    The company had fun parties in the office regularly. it was fun place to work
    I hope I can come back and work for Accruent again

Cons

There weren't not many Cons. The location is near the domain. so traffic was bad during rush hour.

"Young employee, but very positive experience"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Austin, TX

I have been working at Accruent full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Accruent's values and commitment to examining and revisiting them regularly are amazing. You will be surrounded by talented and intelligent people. Your personal and professional development are just as important to your management as the value that you contribute in your day-to-day, and the training and learning opportunities back that philosophy up.

Cons

As I said earlier, you will be surrounded by intelligent and talented people, so standing out takes hard work and results. You will not rise by being the resident "smart guy". If you want to put in your eight and go home every day, you will find yourself getting looked over. I personally do not consider this a "con", but I know many who would.

Advice to Management

When acknowledging team/individual efforts, please be more specific. I often hear in meetings phrases like "Employee A crushes it every time." or "If you want to move up, be a rock star." I understand where you all are coming from with this, but fuzzy language like this makes me feel like I am having wool pulled over my eyes. I understand that it would be unfair for me to ask for a checklist for getting promoted, but when someone is being a "rock star" or a team is "crushing it", I would like to know what exactly they are doing so I can find opportunities to emulate that performance.