AccuData Integrated Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

AccuData Integrated Marketing Reviews

Updated Jul 31, 2019

3.4
AccuData Integrated Marketing CEO Bree Verrengia (no image)
Bree Verrengia
  1. "Long tenure of staff shows this is a GREAT company to work for!"

Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at AccuData Integrated Marketing full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Work-Life balance is very important, and the employee benefits are very much in line with that philosophy. Employees are given every opportunity for growth, and to have a career path and advance if they are willing to do the work required. Open positions are always posted internally before they are posted externally. The long tenure of the staff proves that this is a great company to work for, not many companies... can say they have had the same employees for decades. Training and education are readily provided and increasing the collective knowledge of the team is a constant focus. Fun events, team building and activities are planned frequently to keep morale and energy high.

Cons

Smaller company in size and scale, and the infrastructure and systems match that, however, this has been a recent focus and several upgrades are being implemented.

Advice to Management

Keep looking to improve the client experience as much as possible, and the company will keep growing. Don't stop doing the small things that make it a great place to work, while they might seem insignificant and under-appreciated by some, they are a really big deal to most.

AccuData Integrated Marketing2019-07-31
  2. "Turn around, and run away."

Former Employee - Client Coordinator in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at AccuData Integrated Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good compensation, excellent training/trainer. Nice office.

Cons

Constant gossip, talking poorly about other employees, sharing inappropriate details about personal life, being untruthful to your face, etc. We would leave our weekly meetings/trainings and my manager would talk poorly about the presenter, material, and so on She'd tell you you're doing great and secretly tally up strikes to use against you. A lot of my team expressed similar feelings to me at one point or... another, but told me to just 'get used to it'. A truly unprofessional, unkind, self-inflated management experience.

Advice to Management

Be more involved. Don't let experiences like mine happen to other people, because it's truly unprofessional. Having people uproot their lives for new careers, just to be treated so poorly and immaturely without upper management intervention is unacceptable.

AccuData Integrated Marketing2019-07-19
  3. "A Place that feels like Family"

Former Employee - Administrative in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at AccuData Integrated Marketing full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

work/life balance proper training by amazing people co-workers that turn into family insurance & benefits team outings fun events at the office I would still be there if I didnt move out of Florida.

Cons

more help for HelpDesk would be good

AccuData Integrated Marketing2019-05-09
  4. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Sales Executive in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

High Paying Jobs, Team Based Atmosphere, Good Benefits, a lot of ongoing Sales and Service incentives, Fun Culture

Cons

IT Infrastructure needs to be updated ...

Advice to Management

Keep doing all the moral / team building exercises its working!

AccuData Integrated Marketing2019-05-03

"Leadership Challanges"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at AccuData Integrated Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

It's a company that wants to do good. They have decent communications for a privately held firm, including quarterly financial status meetings.

Cons

Leadership lacks leadership skills, experience, and the ability to effectively run a business. Micro-management. Work from home if you want to give up some of your pay and PTO. They use tools like IM to "monitor" if you are at your desk.

Advice to Management

Find some experienced leadership to help fill in gaps. While it is admirable that you want to promote within, this may not provide you with the leadership experience this company desperately needs.

AccuData Integrated Marketing2019-04-06

"It's not about what you know. It's about who you know."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at AccuData Integrated Marketing full-time

Pros

AccuData tries to have fun company wide events, and it is a great place to make connections. Casual work attire and a laid back atmosphere are the norm (can be a pro and a con). Pay is fairly decent.

Cons

Be wary of some of the positive reviews. They asked us to go on here a while back to combat some of the more scathing reviews. It doesn't matter how knowledgeable you are in your position. It's never enough and mostly goes unrecognized. It definitely matters who you know. If you are in with the right people, you can do a terrible job (or not work at all) and you'll be fine. If you aren't, and you make a small... mistake, it can feel like the end of the world. Not all rules apply to everyone. Gossip and rumors run rampant through all departments. Rumors that hurt people can be spread and there are no ramifications, even when brought to the attention of those in charge. I've never worked in an environment where there was such a flagrant disregard for HR and normal business policies when it comes to employees. If you don't like sharing personal information or you prefer keeping to yourself, this is not the work environment for you. Working in this open office setting is not for the faint of heart.

Advice to Management

Take your blinders off and control your emotions. You have people who are literally not working for the majority of the day, but nothing is being done about it. Some people have even been known to sleep during the day. You also have people who are working harder than most and you don't acknowledge them. If you really stop and look at who is actually working, you won't have to micro-manage those who are actually... working because you can cut out the dead weight of those who aren't. Tenure shouldn't be the only factor in whether or not someone keeps a job. It would also have been nice if your temperaments/moods weren't at the whims of sales and whether or not we hit for the month, quarter, year etc.

AccuData Integrated Marketing2018-09-01

"You'll Learn But At A Price"

Current Employee - Account Representative in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at AccuData Integrated Marketing full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you know someone in the company, you're a shoe-in for a job. They give incentives often (even if they are bad incentives that don't serve gloabl need or interest). Learned a lot here about how companies work and by that I mean, how employees can get away with misconduct if they have enough tenure, know someone on the inside, or bring in enough money for the company, which I consider valuable knowledge. Another... pro I have seen most employees take advantage of is the casual atmosphere. In places of the company where there isn't micromanagment happening, there is an epidemic of apathy and laziness from employees. So much so that you can be on your phone most of the day and not get spoken to by superiors. Even when there are vendor companies visiting, management can be seen sitting in on the meetings, scrolling through their social media. If you're looking for a place to goof off and do the bare minimum to get a paycheck, this is a great company for you.

Cons

The other reviews weren't lying. There is a big learning curve but with dedication and hard work, you will be able to overcome that. It's very normal to take several months to ramp up and be able to do this job competently. The atmosphere on the sales floor is incredibly casual, which often leads to inappropriate chatter. Leaders often miss what's really going on as they often have meetings for hours, leaving... the floor unsupervised (and when the "cats are away, the mice will play.") There is also a terrible "pitting" of teams against each other, so there is a general atmosphere of unhelpfulness especially if you need help from someone off-team. The IT team is very unfriendly and are never happy to help with your issues and are not quick to help. The email team is a huge complaint on the floor because they are very under-staffed and the company won't put any money towards that team (not sure why - there is so much potential there.) Upper management is one large power-trip. When sales are good, they are all smiles. When sales are bad, they are usually talking about how they're cutting budgets and you better get your act together if you really want to be employed here. They have a terrible track record of following through. My advice: don't ever try to criticize them. It will end badly for you. If you work on the service teams, you will also invariably be working alongside the sales teams. They have, altogether, become out of control. I have seen verbal abuse take place on the floor. They are quick to blame and very few are willing to teach or help. Overall, this business is very cliquey. It really is more about "who you know", which is unfortunate.

Advice to Management

You have the most valuable resource at your disposal and you never tap into it. Your employees are the ones working with your customers and you consistently ignore them. Ask them for ideas. Your overall goal should be giving your customer the most satisfactory experience and yet, when changes from the top roll out, they have only the bottom line in mind. Your reps are the ones who work with them all day - they're... the ones that have the information on how to change the systems and processes for the better. (Also, please staff the email team properly! Why won't you give them the correct amount of employees!?)

AccuData Integrated Marketing2018-04-28
  8. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at AccuData Integrated Marketing full-time

Pros

I enjoy what I do and enjoy working with the people here. We have fun! We have a positive, competitive environment. Most enjoy competing in the Company Olympics and Halloween contests or just watching and laughing. We support each other outside of work and inside of work.

Cons

We are competitive. You have to be able to laugh at yourself and laugh with others. I don't see this as a con but some may not have the stomach for it.

Advice to Management

Nothing at this time.

AccuData Integrated Marketing2017-11-15
  9. "I manage multiple marketing related projects and work closely with my sales team to build awareness and generate leads."

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at AccuData Integrated Marketing full-time for less than a year

Pros

Terrific company culture: casual dress and fun atmosphere. My manager empowers me to take the lead on projects and provides her full support.

Cons

I don't have many cons as I really enjoy my job. The internal technologies are quite slow. Many team members have been with the company a long time which is great but some do not like to leave their comfort zones.

Advice to Management

Do away with some of the older ways of thinking and focus on innovating our core competencies.

AccuData Integrated Marketing2017-08-03

"Good company culture and growth opportunities"

Pros

Management here is very responsive and great at engaging with employees – very little trouble getting to anyone you need. I work in a remote office and still find it very easy to stay in touch with the team/get what information I need to be able to do my job. The workplace is also very close-knit and people here really rally around one another if needed, which has also been great to see. Essentially, people here are... invested in one another in a way that shows. I've also been able to do and try different things in my role here that I wasn't able to at my last job, so there's some awesome opportunities to grow here as well.

Cons

Honestly, the one thing I really thought of as a con to working here has already been fixed by the upper management. As I said above, they are a responsive group of people.

Advice to Management

I think they’ve done a great job developing this place so far, so I’d just say to keep it up and continue improving!

AccuData Integrated Marketing2017-07-05