AccuQuest Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8
Rating Trends Rating Trends
John M Temple

Pros
Cons
  • All they care about is sales and once a patient buys hearing aids they aren't important anymore (in 11 reviews)

• Upper management does not care about the patients (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Thousand Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Thousand Oaks, CA

I have been working at AccuQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training Program, Great Corporation. Everyone is a pleasure to work with, there's no hostility ever. The corporate office always is following up with you making sure you continue to grow. there is always outside help from other local offices.

Cons

Schedule changes alot which can be hard to get use to at times but not really a bad thing any medical office has it one way or another.

2. "Great Medical Sales Opportunity, Poor Upper Management"

Former Employee - Hearing Aid Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Hearing Aid Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at AccuQuest full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Gaining knowledge in medical sales, Great training both technical and sales. Working/helping patients improve their lives/lifestyle, Able to communicate with other co-workers to improve success.

Cons

Lack of immediate support once in the field. Company hired regional managers that had no idea what they were doing. Constant location changes(offices were closed on a regular basis). Multiple offices were closed nation-wide. Salaries were higher for the regional managers with no experience than the employees making the money. Large turnover, several quality senior management were let go while others that did their job very poorly were promoted..

Advice to Management

Start over and hire regional managers that have been in the field and can be an asset to their employees. Focus more on the patients than the dollars. Take more responsibility for improvement at the top.

3. "AQ Review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Algonquin, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Algonquin, IL

I have been working at AccuQuest part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training program and it's a great opportunity to learn and grow

Cons

Need consistent communication throughout the company, high turnover

Advice to Management

Focus on giving more advice to new trainees when they are in the field

"Patient Care Coordinator"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator in Des Moines, IA

I worked at AccuQuest full-time

Pros

Flexibility to be your own boss

Cons

Terrible. Not recommended. All they care about is sales and once a patient buys hearing aids they aren't important anymore. Expected to lie to patients everyday. They will fire you for no reason. Read all the previous reviews on here. All consistent.

Advice to Management

Treat the staff you do have with respect and loyalty. Treat your current patients better and more of them will return in the future.

5. "Digital"

Former Employee - Online Marketing Coordinator in Schaumburg, IL
    Former Employee - Online Marketing Coordinator in Schaumburg, IL

I worked at AccuQuest (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with in HQ
    High quality training of practitioners

Cons

Efforts to stay lean and mean in the home office.

"Trainee"

Former Employee - Practitioner in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Practitioner in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Training was a world class program

Cons

Management was not so much world class

Advice to Management

I cannot say much about this company, but i will back the legitimacy of their training as most have here. Top notch. Im shocked to hear ratings that their training was anything less than solid. The trainers that I had actually cared about me developing into someone who has the guts to ask the difficult questions and to take the time to make sure I am clinically sound. Either a person who cannot sell would say this was a poor training experience as they were spot on in my training. This training is why i am still in the industry. Advice to management: Please find more ways to communicate with your employees effectively and I would still be with you.

"Growing Compensation"

Current Employee - Hearing Aid Dispenser in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AccuQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been with AccuQuest for 7 years and I've seen them go through some growing pains. Over this last year, ownership has replaced a few of the top managers at corporate that I believe were causing harm to the company's growth and culture. Since these key changes in leadership occurred, I've seen AccuQuest act and repair many of it's issues and I feel the company is operating and growing like it was when I first joined. Ownership, thanks so much for listing to our ideas in the field and making these improved changes. AccuQuest feels like family again and my personal compensation has grown 20% so far this year.

Cons

I wish the health insurance was cheaper for my family. I've have to look elsewhere for insurance but everywhere seems to be expensive.

Advice to Management

Don't ever bring in an industry outsider in to help run the company. Thanks for fixing it! Keep doing what you're doing.

"Feedback from an experienced Pro in this industry"

Current Employee - Hearing Aid Dispenser in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at AccuQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

AccuQuest has allowed & trusted me to manage my local offices and corporate has given me the training and marketing support to quickly go my patient file. I have the freedom to select the best hearting products from the top manufactures in the world that will properly service my patients. Over the past 5 years I've worked at AccuQuest and my income has increased every year and I should earn over $145k this year. I love this industry and I love working with AccuQuest!!

Cons

Over my long career, I've had the unfortunate opportunity to work for multiple companies in this industry and I wish I found AccuQuest sooner. My compensation has never been better and amount of monthly sales opportunities they generate for me are unbelievable. It's been a great ride!

Advice to Management

Don't change anything- I've personally known of a couple people that have left AccuQuest and know they're trying to come back. Be very careful who you rehire. Some of these people should be working for our competition.

9. "I made six figures in my second year"

Former Employee - Hearing Instrument Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Hearing Instrument Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at AccuQuest full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Accuquest drives a ton of sales opportunities to my door. I was recruited away from Accuquest 2 years ago and the company I went with promised me I would earn a lot more money working for them. Unfortunately, in the end they didn't advertise aggressively like Accuquest so I spent most of my time trying to dig up my own leads and I made 25% less than I did with Accuquest. Very painful!

Thankfully, Accuquest took me back and I'm soooo happy to be back! I

Cons

None, it's pretty simple, management leaves me alone because I show up to work and sell. I'm guessing because they invest a lot in advertising, if I didn't sell they would be calling me a lot more. Accuquest is truly the best company I've seen in this industry!!

Advice to Management

Never stop supporting me with advertising and helping me grow my customer file / patient base. I love the freedom you give me.

"Happy Employee"

Current Employee - Regional Partner in West Columbia, SC
    Current Employee - Regional Partner in West Columbia, SC

I have been working at AccuQuest full-time

Pros

I have worked for Accuquest for 7 years. They did what they promised throughout that time. They helped me build my business to the point I have gotten to. I am very very successful and I am making more money per year than I have in any other job in my lifetime. I have been very successful in other jobs, but nothing like this. I feel you will get what you deserve. If you work hard you will reap the benefits. If you want things handed to you, this is not a job for you. The training given is an investment that would normally cost what a 3-4 year degree would be, and they invest in you to make you successful. You almost are your own boss when you follow their program. I am very happy with what Accuquest has done for me, and because of them I will be retiring a happy and wealthy person one day.

Cons

If you do not follow what they train you, more than likely will not succeed. If you do not want to work hard, you will only get what that effort produces. if you do not want to help people you will not succeed. At the beginning the pay might not be where you want to be, but in less than 1 year I was making more money than I did as a manager for another company. If you are not a self starter do not apply. If you have no wish to work hard for good pay, do not apply. Do not expect to have everything put on a platter for you, work and you can decide for yourself how big a platter you want based on your drive.

Advice to Management

Sometimes I feel that the company might be to easy on those that actually need a push. If that is done in the correct way, I feel there would be more success stories like mine. I think those that fail might be their own fault, but I sometimes feel if they are pushed in the right direction they could possible become very successful and there would be few complaints from past employees. I feel that past employees that complain about Accuquest is because they failed to follow the program and work hard. Some just need that extra push.