AccuQuilt Reviews | Glassdoor

3.6
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"WARNING... You'll NEVER find a better job/employer!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Customer Service Advocate in Omaha, NE

I worked at AccuQuilt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After spending close to 8 years in the military followed by 10 years as a stay at home mom, I was fearful I wouldn’t find my place in the workplace again. Wow, was I mistaken! I never imagined I’d be part of a team in the private sector where your workmates are as energetic & passionate about a company & its products as they are at AccuQuilt!
    The company is growing & growing quickly… the success of any company relies heavily on its employees. Should a weed enter the garden, the gardener quickly removes it to avoid its natural tendency to spread rapidly… no different than a negative, non-productive employee… negativity & laziness can easily spread like an ugly weed. Advice of the year, don’t be a weed! If you are a go-getter & love your job, it will be reflective in your work & you truly are treated as an asset… as family even.
    That brings me to another point… “FAMILY FIRST”. I could list numerous instances of their Family First motto… one defining moment, I had to unexpectedly leave to care for my mom on hospice 800 miles away… I was away from my job for 30+ days… upon her death, I was told to take whatever time I needed. I received nothing but support & prayers from my bosses & coworkers during this time.
    There are few companies where you can tell the President & co-workers you love them like family… that’s the type of bond that can grow at the AccuQuilt family.
    By the way, I worked Customer Service. In OTHER companies, it can be a very un-appreciated position, our bosses empowered us to make decisions based upon the need and situation of each customer as an individual. They value the input and feedback of all no matter the position or pay scale. I’ll most definitely miss my AccuQuilt family… quite positive no other job or employer will ever measure up!

Cons

The warehouse is a little suffocating in the summer... they need an a/c system or a dunk tank!

Advice to Management

No advice... just gratitude for the opportunity to have been part of an amazing team!

2. "Great place to work"

I have been working at AccuQuilt full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open, energetic atmosphere and team environment, everyone working toward a common goal with minimal politics. They really believe in a work/life balance and that family comes first.

Cons

Small company, so not many opportunities for advancement or promotions if you are looking for that.

3. "Love my Job!!!"

I have been working at AccuQuilt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been a part of AccuQuilt for over 5 years. Becoming a part of the AccuQuilt family was the best decision. I am part of not just a company, but a family- Yes, a typical family that may disagree, but comes together in the end to have each other's back.

I am fortunate to be lucky enough to love my job & not feel like I come to work everyday - I come to do what I love! My voice is not only heard, but we are encouraged to speak up - as everyone's opinion matters - no matter what your job is in the company. We are all important, as it takes the team to make the company successful!!

If you want to be part of a small company that truly cares about their employees, and treats you as a part of the family - come see us at AccuQuilt.

Cons

The only downside of a small company (no matter where), is the medical benefits -as we are all wanting better benefits. AccuQuilt does try to help with great flexibility to ensure we have a work/life balance.

4. "A Company That Has "The Best Of All Worlds""

I have been working at AccuQuilt full-time

Pros

This is a unique company. It's not every day that you find a company that leverages technology, thinks big, works as a team to overcome obstacles and celebrates wins. I have not found another place in my career that actually embraces family values as much as business values. You are a real and valued person here not a number or a cog in the machine.

Cons

I think we need a bigger kitchen.

Advice to Management

Continue the engagement that you have with all the teams. It really makles a difference.

5. "Manager"

I have been working at AccuQuilt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture. Good people. If you like to work for a company where you feel you can make a difference, than this is the place for you. This is a fast paced retail environment, where we work hard and laugh hard.

Cons

There are no cons for me to mention.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

6. "Best place I've ever worked"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Omaha, NE

I worked at AccuQuilt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for the sister company AccuCut for six months before I had to leave recently to take care of a family business.
    This was honestly the best place I have ever worked. The atmosphere was fantastic and positive. Great people to be around and great work/life balance. The president and owner were both very involved in the every day process with good feedback.
    There is a very conscious effort to create a team environment with fun events as well as twice weekly meetings where people share ideas and experiences where they are learning.

Cons

When I first started it took some time to get our sales process repeatable because the previous sales manager just let everyone do whatever they wanted and then retired and left a mess.

The meetings were a bit much in the beginning but became less and less when we figured out our process.

Better seating/workspace would have been nice. Pretty outdated and old computers that needed to be replaced.

Advice to Management

Sit/stand desks.

"Stay Away"

I worked at AccuQuilt full-time

Pros

They hired great people, if only they let them do their job.

Cons

This place still haunts me. Meetings weren't successful unless someone broke into tears. Expected to lie to uphold companies "culture"...Too many guns, I didn't go to college to work under a gun toting "master". Terrible work/life balance for low pay.

Advice to Management

Take time to let changes take hold, changing the entire structure weekly doesn't work. You like guns that is fine, I don't need to see your gun at all times.

"Worst. Place. Ever. (very disappointing)"

I worked at AccuQuilt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Not much that I recall -- I remember a few extraordinary ladies, but their long tenure and quickly declining office climate made me feel sorry for them for than anything. They had wonderful spirits despite the stressful demands put upon them, but I didn't get to work with them nearly enough to really get to know anyone.

Cons

No training. One person tells you how to do something one time then walks away. (nothing written - you've got to take your own notes) Good luck you're on your own should be their slogan. They DO believe their own B.S. and then contradict most of what they say. The fake culture is somehow designed to make owners/upper management feel cool ~ but it's not real. If you buy into it, you'll be sorely disappointed like the rest of us. They talk a good game, but this company is not worth being surrounded by hypocrisy eight hours a day five days a week. It gets to you, and quick.

Advice to Management

By the look of things your turn-over has gotten much worse since I left. Ya think maybe you're the problem??

"A workplace that feels like home."

I have been working at AccuQuilt full-time

Pros

I have worked for Accuquilt for close to a year and a half. I was working for another company when I found out my job was being eliminated and was faced with the daunting task of seeking new employment. Then I realized that I knew someone that loved their job, the culture and family environment that the company possessed. That company was Accuquilt. I called this friend and asked if there was anyway that I could become part of this family and culture. This has been one of the best choices I have ever made in my over twenty year shipping/receiving warehouse career. I enjoy coming to work everyday knowing that I belong there and to feel appreciated. There is no better feeling. So thank you Accuquilt for making work not seem like work but a privilege, to work with some outstanding people that I feel love and care about their job as much as I do.

Cons

There are really no cons to working here so I will just put something that is beyond our control. With the crazy Nebraska weather it does get super hot in the warehouse in summer.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what your doing. You really know how to make your employees feel appreciated.

"Distribution Supervisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at AccuQuilt full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This is THE job I have looked for my entire life!!!!

I have made some pretty HUGE mistakes in my life and this is one company that has some fantastic core values and was willing to look past those mistakes and see who I am and what I have to offer.
    AccuQuilt is extremely family oriented. Even when it means some customers get upset because we are not open on Saturday and Sunday. We aren't open because of the core values of Family FIRST and a Work / Life balance.
    We are growing and we are growing fast! This absolutely means experiencing some growing pains but upper management always has the entire company, the best road to growth, and all of it's employees at the front of every decision or change that is made.
    The "Open Door" policy is one thing I appreciate more than I can convey. I never have to think twice about walking into my bosses (CEO) or the President's office to voice a concern, an idea, or even openly challenge anything. Discussion always follows and I am always heard and appreciated, no matter what.
      This is the company I want to spend the rest of my working career with.........

Cons

In a pretty selfish capacity I would like to see the company absorb a little higher percentage of the health care benefits..... but then, wouldn't we all???

Advice to Management

Thank you for providing a safe, comfortable and forward looking environment.