Accurate Background Reviews | Glassdoor

Dave Dickerson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Exempt Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Accurate Background full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are many opportunities for employees who are just starting their career as well as those who are established in the workforce. This is a fast-paced environment with an entrepreneurial spirit. Great group of people who care about their jobs and their clients. The company does of good job recognizing performance.

Cons

As with any fast-growing company, things change rapidly; and communication of all the changes is challenging.

"Flexible, Fun, and Making Moves"

I have been working at Accurate Background full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The CEO genuinely cares about his company and his people, as is evident by his showing up every day and getting to know team members. Schedules are flexible allowing for great work-life balance. The office culture is fun and laid back. New executives have been brought on board who are instilling a fresh, new outlook to internal relationships and operations. I only see great things ahead for this fast growing company.

Other perks: Generous benefits, 401K match, health and fitness incentives, Honda Center suite and Angels Stadium season tickets, onsite massages, social events, personable executives.

Cons

This company is growing a ton and becoming a top competitor in the industry, so naturally there are going to be growing pains and restructuring. Teams and leaders who do not align with the direction of its future and are left behind.

Advice to Management

I wish there were more leadership workshops for management. I think the workforce would really benefit from more inspiring management that exposes and fosters potential in every team member.

"Good if you stick with it and make the effort"

I have been working at Accurate Background full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule, many different departments with opportunities. Casual dress code and great coworkers. Free meals on occasion. Lots of overtime available. Departments work together to get job done.

Cons

Work can be repetitive and peak season overtime can lead to burnout. Management has their pets who get preference over others. Pay is on the low side.

Advice to Management

Overall it's great. Provide positive feedback so we can keep going during busy time when we are burning out. Sit with us when we are in this season to see we are doing our best and help find realistic solutions to make it better for all. An increase in pay to be more competitive would be nice too. It would also help retain those who really go above and beyond on a consistent basis.

"Ruuuuun! Just like Office Space"

I worked at Accurate Background full-time

Pros

You get to see what it's like to work at a company like Initech from Office Space, with bosses as bad as Lumberg.

Cons

- Micromanagement
    - No room for growth
    - Stuck in the 90's
    - Unqualified managers
    - Depressing

Advice to Management

Quit

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Irvine, CA

Pros

Cons

none what so ever ever

Advice to Management

none

"Good Place, Growing Company"

Current Employee - Research in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Research in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Accurate Background full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Looks like the company is growing. Lots of OT opportunities, Bonuses are available and paid early (nice surprise at Christmas). The operations leadership is engaged and friendly. The owner still walks around. Nice things are done like breakfasts, lunches, fitbit challenges. Lots of cross training happening, people are moving around and up, that's promising. I have worked in far worse companies. These people seem to really care about staff.

Cons

It's a production job and at times the stress level is high and the task is repetitive but that's the role so what can you do. Overall they try to make it as enjoyable as possible

Advice to Management

Looks like you are doing the right things. Keep talking to production employees and maybe train supervisors more on management style.

"Good"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Accurate Background full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for, good benefits, flexibility in schedule, pto is 5 hour every 40 paid hours, great bonuses at the end of the year.

Cons

High voljme of calls, promotion with in the customer service department is based on who you know, not what you know.

"Great people, great place for career growth, benefits, work-life balance"

I have been working at Accurate Background full-time

Pros

Great benefits - medical, dental, vision, 401K matching, HSA incentives and wellness program, employee appreciation breakfasts, paid vacation and holidays. Even had free on-site chair massage one day! Work-life balance is encouraged. People/company culture is great - they genuinely care about each, giving back to the community is prevalent, and there are company sports teams. Opportunities for growth and career advancement - many employees who started off in temp or hourly positions have moved into salary and career positions. CEO and management are approachable and friendly.

Cons

Pay is somewhat below market for some positions. Also there are instances where employees with years of work experience or who have moved up within the company are paid relatively the same as new hires just out of school with little work experience.

Advice to Management

None

"If you're not a favorite, get out"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

I worked at Accurate Background full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people to work to with. Great social activities.

Cons

A lot of politics with management.
    Frequent managerial regime changes leading to frequent layoffs.
    Often overworked and doing multiple job positions due to the layoffs.
    Very frugal. They don't invest in the necessary resources to meet expectations.
    Favoritism is key because they get the necessary resources, better assignments, and the credit. Otherwise you'll get the unfavorable assignments, limited resources, stalled career path, and credit taken from you.

Advice to Management

Put politics aside and value your employees. Don't play favorites. "Penny wise pound foolish". Don't expect the world if you don't want to invest the resources to make it happen. Otherwise there won't be any employees left to manage.

"Walk the other way"

Former Employee - Customer Service in Norco, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Norco, CA

I worked at Accurate Background full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only serious pro I can think of is the individuals I worked with. Oh and they purchased breakfast for the company every so often

Cons

Where do I start. My first month or so this place seemed very promising but then my boss went on maternity leave and everything was down hill from there. If your not a favor then you don't stand a chance. Not to mention as soon as my "stand in boss" found out I was pregnant they fired me 2 days later saying they were "cutting back" then I hear they hired about a dozen new employees. Definitely wouldn't consider working at this place especially after something like that.

Advice to Management

You should try treating all employees as equals