Accuride International Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 27, 2017

3.6
Scott Jordan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A little insight to share"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Accuride International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Stable company, decent benefits, good people

Cons

Not much upward mobility at present

2. "Friendly"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Current Intern - Anonymous Intern

I have been working at Accuride International as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very friendly and open office atmosphere

Cons

Needs some tech upgrades (namely email)

3. "Once upon a time..."

Former Employee - National Sales in Highland, UT
    Former Employee - National Sales in Highland, UT

I worked at Accuride International (More than 3 years)

Pros

Accuride was once the stellar leader in the market. Global competition has taken a tool but the company seems to be rising like a Phoenix.

Cons

Second generation family leadership is not as strong as the original. As long as you tell leadership what they want to hear your golden, but be realistic and tell him the truth and you'll be shown the door.

Advice to Management

Trust the people you've hired and treat them with respect.

4. "Just Good"

Current Employee - North America Applications Engineering Leader in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Accuride International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company for those that are looking for job security and/or retairment

Cons

no room to grow,

"Small but Mighty"

Current Employee - California in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - California in Santa Fe Springs, Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Accuride International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like that Accuride is a global presence with offices all over the world yet the corporate office is still small enough to know everyone by name. The executive team is open to new ideas and empowers me to own my position and my career trajectory. I work with amazing people.

Cons

Company is still a little behind the times in technology and the dress code is a bit dated also. My team is very small so sometimes it's hard to see the forest because all the trees are in the way. My day can get bogged down with tasks and leaves little time for strategic initiatives.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring more people to more evenly distribute work. Take a serious look at updating internal systems and PLEASE introduce casual Fridays to update the dress code for the typical southern California lifestyle.

6. "A great company to work for"

I have been working at Accuride International (Less than a year)

Pros

A solid, global manufacturer of high quality products that are used in many diverse applications. Constantly striving to expand into new markets and improve the level of service they provide to their clients. Very supportive of employee growth and generous with salary, bonus and benefits.

Cons

There is a heavy focus on new product development, which in itself isn't a bad thing. I think there may be too much going on at once, and the expectation to deliver results may be a little unrealistic.

Advice to Management

Continue to listen to feedback from clients on new product ideas. Continue to cultivate a culture that attracts new talent that will propel the organization forward.

Accuride International Response

Jan 28, 2016 – HR Specialist

Accuride International will continue to focus on new product development because new products will define the future of Accuride. We will continue to refine our processes to ensure results are... More

7. "co. suffering thorugh recession, like most compaies"

Pros

Quality products, engineering, product development, customer service are best in its industry. Averarage salaries, and benefits. Global manufacturing and global leader. Owner is a smart hard core businessman, who will do what is necessary to grow company, including investing in new products. Great distribution sales director.

Cons

Too reliant on a few big clients for OEM segment. Have laid off many people, including senior people, in this recession. Salaries are too low to attract top talent, so most is just average talent.

Advice to Management

Keep improving new product introductions, and lean manufacturing locations that help with cheap Asian competitors. Expand to different market segments by manufacturing beyonfdcore competency of ball bearing slides.

"Conflicted Feelings"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mexicali (Mexico)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mexicali (Mexico)

I worked at Accuride International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Big enough to make things happen, small enough to keep an eye personally on things happening.

this translates to big project opportunities from start to finish, and you get to see a finished product from design to production line.

Senior Engineers with years and years of experience to learn from AND a will to teach is extremely valuable.

A simple product that becomes very complex is a form of jigsaw that is very fun to any engineer that enjoys challenges.

Sales team is savage

Cons

Too little effort to keep talent engaged

design team is rookie level, since most talented engineers flee to other companies willing to pay for such talent,

obsolete software accumulates work

senior team members with great knowledge don't get to pass on such experience to the fleeing troops.

little to no opportunities to grow

Advice to Management

Assess and solve quality problems, up the salaries to maintain talent and better yet, create a corporate ladder, which is non existent

9. "Good place to work"

I worked at Accuride International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to work for. Great benefits.

Cons

A little slow to upgrade equipment during my tenure there

Advice to Management

Keep doing more of the same, but update some gear sooner if budget allows.